Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)
  • Have you ever upset anyone Famous?
  • langylad
    Free Member

I have refused Shane Ritche entrance to a hotel in Blackpool because he had no I.D on him (also removed a very drunk Alex Higgins from same hotel).
    One of my colleagues so upset Grahame Souness once that he refused to open the ‘Pickwick Night’ at Whalley and drove home in a hough.

Go on then, who have you royally naffed off?

iain1775
    Free Member

Barry from Eastenders didn’t take kindly to us chasing him through Covent Garden shouting “Barry, Barry”
    Told us to f-off before nearly ripping the door off his own battered Ford Galaxy
    In my defence it was many years ago and we was quite drunk

tomhoward

Not me, but a mate works for Madame Tussaud’s, so has to deal with a celeb or two and one day had to move a range rover as it was blocking him in so he got the keys and ragged it moved it to a car parking space.

Apparently Daniel Craig was less than pleased.

I had to tell Dave Courtney he couldn’t smoke at the bar I was working behind, got a bit of a glare.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    psling
    Free Member

Since you mention a certain ex football player there, he would have been very upset if he had known what a girlfriend of his was up to with a very good friend of mine many years ago 😯

JulianA
    Free Member

Does Adjustablewench count?

Northwind

Kicked Andrew Morton out of a theatre once. “Do you know who I am?” “Yes. **** off Mr Morton”.

Kept on annoying footballers by not knowing who they were. “Got any ID?”

IanMunro
    Free Member

Glenda Jackson gave me ‘a look’ when I was smiling at the younger more attractive colleague she was walking with.

It’s not a great anecdote.

warton
    Free Member

simon Donald, one of viz’s creators, and general rent a mouth for those ‘100 best’ tv programmes.

Got into an argument with him beacause I went through a red light on my bike (it was years ago, i realise I was in the wrong now 🙂 )

told him to **** off before i hit him

rocketman
    Free Member

Got the look from the late Barry Sheene when I prevented him getting on his DAF Suzuki because I was taking a picture of his bike. Elicited a ‘farkin ell’ when I did it again later in the day.

This was unofficial practice for the British GP back in the day when you could just wander around the pits

stuey
    Free Member

Pushed past Joe Murray once – to get to see his bike at Crystal palace – turned round to see mortified look on mates face – ‘realised what I’d just done and had to leave( Iknow Iknow Iwas very young)

inbred853

Not upset but mildly annoyed the actor that plays Taggart in the series, me and my mate were in the hospitality tent after the Great North Run supping free booze when he sauntered along, with his free food, lots of, “there’s been a murder”, with him looking less than pleased, same happened the year after to which he had a wee outburst much to our laughter.

langylad
    Free Member

Go for it Julian, famous on here

nuke

My brother stood on Chris Eubank’s expensive shiny boot whilst out in Hove…he wasn’t best chuffed

Pook

I once drunkenly told Darren Gough in a Sheffield bar that he’d get back on form if he stopped boozing and focussed on getting his knee better. One of the fit girls on his arm told me to **** off and he just laughed at me.

Which was fair.

I think he may even have already retired by then.

Nipper99
    Free Member

In a drunken state after young farmers do (breafast at Watford Gap services)persistently accused the quite well known actor John Woodvine of variously being John Thaw or Edward Woodward. Poor bloke was just trying to have a quiet coffee with his wife. 😳

RobHilton
    Free Member

Trod on Jack Charlton’s foot in New Street Station

kimbers

not me but my ex-housemate and kareoke nut chased will young down the street singing evergreen, poor guy couldnt hail a cab quick enough

JulianA
    Free Member

Go for it Julian, famous on here

Job done a few weeks ago 🙁

langylad
    Free Member

Quality Pook, I’m quite impressed with Goughie’s response as well

prawny

I mistakenly said that Dave Gorman was ginger on another forum a couple of years ago, turns our he was lurking while he was doing that tour by bike and he gave me a bit of a flaming. Felt bad, I like Dave.

yossarian
    Free Member

I set fire to the corner of a newspaper that a famous radio one dj was reading in a busy London record store. He didn’t really notice until he turned the page to be met by a sheet of flame. Management were not impressed but I was quick on my feet in those days.

bikebouy
    Free Member

David Coverdale, yes he of Whitesnake fame. I was carrying three pints over to my mates, I backed away from the bar (reversed so I could protect my beer) inadvertently turning sharpish and landing three pints in the lap of Mr Rock God. He was not very happy with me, but it wasn’t him that turfed me out of the pub and landed a punch in my guts, nooo that was his minder.
    No matter how much I tried to apologise I got the feeling he wasn’t accepting any of my protestations,of sorrowful guilt, but it really was an accident. 😐

Spin
    Free Member

I was running a charity abseil at which Charlie Dimmock was the main attraction. Me and the boys sized her up (you develop an eye for these things) and thought she would fit in a standard harness. We didn’t want to upset her as the large ones were huge.

She managed to get it about as far as her knees. “Does this adjust” she said. “Only down” I replied.

PMK2060

I used to do event security work at Doncaster racecourse when I was a student. Pissed john mccirrick off by refusing to help him when he was getting harassed by punters. He had zero manners and I was a bolshy 18 year old.

Klunk
    Free Member

I got glared at by Steve Martin, Dan Aykroyd and most of the crew of Sgt. Bilko. I was watching them filming at the back lot of Digital Domain while having a crafty fag on the fire escape. The fx smoke generators malfunction and belched smoke out over the whole cast and crew anyway they didn’t take kindly to my laughter. 😳 😆

oldgit
    Free Member

I gave Robert Powell (Jesus) the hump when I was a kid by cycling through ‘his’ woods, he insisted we get off and walk. But I was too busy looking at his missus’s boobs, she being Babs Lord of pans People. He went crimson with rage.
    Right out of his league with her the little twerp, even as a kid I knew that.

langylad
    Free Member

Ooh, just remembered the last Tory Conference at Blackpool, an incredibly drunk Alan Duncan approached myself and a colleague in the early hours at the Imperial Hotel and asked how he could get out of the carpark. My colleague said ‘sir, you could leave by that exit, or that exit (pointing at the 2 obvious exits), or alternatively you could stick a rocket up your arse and leave that way’.
    One can only take so many drunken (tory) politicians in one night.

Bregante

The Duke of Edinburgh when I was a techie at BBC Radio in the early 90s. I got a bit too close and personal with a boom microphone when he was giving a speech at Salford University.

He swatted it like a fly and swore at me 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Harrison Ford called me a **** moron- tight marina I made him reverse. He took it fairly well.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

My wife’s friend had Natalie Portman push in front of her at a bar. She protested and Ms Portman replied “do you know who I am?”. She smugly replied “nope” as she pushed back in front… Portman was far from impressed lol!

wiggles
    Free Member

I set fire to the corner of a newspaper that a famous radio one dj was reading in a busy London record store. He didn’t really notice until he turned the page to be met by a sheet of flame. Management were not impressed but I was quick on my feet in those days.

Did he try to touch you?

langylad
    Free Member

Klunk getting points for most famous people pissed off. Spin for the funniest.
    Julian, was this on here or in real life?

edlong
    Free Member

Having been a production accountant on film and television sets, yes, a few, but the stories are all really, really boring…

..unlike bikebouy, who appears to have escaped from “This is Spinal Tap”. I don’t think anyone’s going to top that tale.

NZCol

Engaged in light fistcuffs with Liam Gallacher at Universal studios in LA, at the log flume of all places. I sttod on his foot accidentally and he took exception, shoved me and tried to hook me so i twatted him quite hard more as a natural reaction !. Had no idea who he was until Patsy started kicking off and a large man intervened apologising. Kept seeing him and of course i enjoyed gobbing off at him and generally inciting him. Could have been a childs face though as his kids were there, shocking example and I could really have shown some decorum but i was young and angry.

househusband
    Free Member

Pushed in front of Charles Kennedy (Scottish MP) leaving the spectator stand at Fort Bill DH 2005 – the year Peaty won. I should actually apologise – for the sole reason that he had his baby in his arms at the time… 😳

vorlich
    Free Member

Engaged in light fistcuffs with Liam Gallacher at Universal studios in LA, at the log flume of all places. I sttod on his foot accidentally and he took exception, shoved me and tried to hook me so i twatted him quite hard more as a natural reaction !. Had no idea who he was until Patsy started kicking off and a large man intervened apologising. Kept seeing him and of course i enjoyed gobbing off at him and generally inciting him. Could have been a childs face though as his kids were there, shocking example and I could really have shown some decorum but i was young and angry.

You are now officially my favourite STWer. I hate that ****.

zbonty

I might have ‘slightly’ taken the mick out of Chesney Hawkes when 10 pin bowling in the adjacent lane 20 years ago.

Also got told to F-off by Jasper Carrott on a ferry to France when i was about 12.

kennyp
    Free Member

When Matt Williams was head coach of Scotland I had a bit of a road rage barney with him. And frankly he was no better at picking the right lane to be in than he was picking the right team.

busydog
    Free Member

In a younger life, while working for TWA at LAX and on-duty in the lost luggage department one evening, had to tell Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton that their luggage was inadvertently left off their TWA flight out of New York–this after an hour of their patiently (not so much) waiting while I made calls to try and find it.

Fortunately it had been found and brought in on another flight 1 1/2 hours later. My god, she was lovely to look at and Richard (who had obviously had more than a few cocktails) was really reasonably pleasant after the first 10 minutes-actually quite funny once he realized there was absolutely nothing that could be done except wait.

maccruiskeen

En masse a bunch of about of us inadvertently pissed off the late Frank Sidebottom.

A large bunch of us had booked a coach to take us to a nightclub, rendezvous for the pick up was at a pub near Aston University. On the night it turns out the pub is the venue for a live radio 1 broadcast. I’m not sure how they marketed it but we weren’t aware it was going to be on and we were also pretty much the only people there- There was a DJ trying to enthuse an warm up the ‘crowd’ prior to the broadcast- the crowd was basically us, waiting for a bus. Part of the evening that we were also unaware of was some live standup by Frank and that was going the be the bit going out live on air. The live broadcast starts and Frank’s announced and comes on stage just as we see our coach pull up in the windows behind him. He tells his first joke and about 60 of us get up and walk out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever upset anyone Famous?’ is closed to new replies.