Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Have you ever had a perfect week?
  • Gunz
    Free Member

It doesn’t come around often but just spent two days with friends that I love as family then went on for two days with mates at BPW.
    On the way home I stopped to spend some hard-saved money on a Rego Brio amp and Russel K speakers, now listening to Mazzy Star with a bottle of red. It will all stop tomorrow when I take my daughter to hospital to have a tooth pulled but I think I’ve just lived my definition of a perfect week. Anyone else had a run of days that just came together?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Only on holiday.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah,

I went into work on a drizzly Monday in May 2009, I was dreading it, we’d been laid off weeks before but they had decided that rather than give us 3 mths gardening leave they’d stick us in grey room to rot.

I arrived only be be shown into a room, whilst the company had been awful our managers were at least human. “Thanks for your service, you can leave now” I moonwalked out the door and by the time I got out of reception the sun had come out. The stress just drained from me, I had a years take-home in the bank thanks to a very generous redundancy. I had motorbike lessons booked, a couple of lovely MTBs. This was pre-wife and kids for me.

I had a week completely worry and responsibility free. Didn’t last long but it was perfect, all the freedoms of adulthood and as carefree as a child.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Most weeks are pretty perfect since I left the prison service & am now driving disabled kids to school 3 days a week. Mrs Egf is loads better, got some holidays booked, picking up a new bike today, going to the Scott Trial on Saturday…etc etc.

trumpton
    Free Member

a week in the alps either snowboarding or on a bike.

perchypanther
    Free Member

We live in one of the richest, most developed countries in the world.

I very much doubt that anyone reading this has ever truly gone hungry a single day in their lives.

In the main, nobody is trying to kill us.

We have all lived a life where we have pretty much everything that we need and most of what we want.

In comparative terms we’ve all probably had more perfect weeks than not. They’re the rule rather than the exception.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yep. Way too many to count.

ton

, picking up a new bike today,

now then moneybags………… what you got coming?

tomd
    Free Member

While you’re absolutely right Perchy, unfortunately it’s not human nature to judge happiness on an absolute scale running form starving to death in a war ravaged hell hole and living it up in your own personal paradise. At the very extremely end, some very succesful people are some of the most profoundly unhappy.

My MiL has experienced some pretty bad stuff back in the day. War, instability, opression, starvation etc. She does compare all bad events to these things and it helps her, because she has that lived experience. I’m not sure that without that experience it’s a very helpful philosophy for most people.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It doesn’t come around often

That’s true, so make the most of it if you are able to.

going to the Scott Trial on Saturday…

Yep, so are we. I’m not stalking you, I’m in the Norf, fancy looking at some trials… hoping there will be some twinshock bikes there.

johndoh
    Free Member

If my 10 yr old year 6 daughter goes into school tomorrow without having an anxiety attack and have to be taken home then that’ll be a first perfect week for some time. Fingers crossed.

lunge

Yeah, pretty close.
    Obergurgl, March 2017.
    Wife had been struggling with anxiety for years, really struggling. Just needed a break, and the mountain are always good for the mind.
    Arrived at a beautiful hotel surrounded by deep snow. A stroll around the area and it was like the world had lifted from my wife’s mind.
    We had an amazing week’s skiing, with Mrs Lunge often finishing early spending the afternoon drinking wine in the hot-tub. Then the evening eating amazing food and drinking beer. It was a perfect skiing trip.
    Even the flights home were on time.

reluctantjumper

Not for a long, long time. Had the odd 4-5 days that ran sweetly but there is always a sting in the tail before the week is out. The last year or two I’ve been lucky to get 2-3 good days in a row! The last perfect week I can remember was back in 2015 and it involved an Alps trip with a great bunch of friends. It only just made a good week though as a family emergency the morning I got back home brought me right back down to earth. Life eh?

Edit: it was 2015 not 2016 and even that week I had my Garmin stolen on the bus so it wan’t as perfect as I remember!!

Edukator
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve managed a perfect hour except during non-dreaming sleep. “Good” is fine by me, and almost every day is good, many are excellent.

It’s more about how you view life. Many holidays are objectively shit but people seem to like them.

16stonepig
    Free Member

A couple of years ago. I attended a best friend’s wedding, staying a couple of nights as a VIP on Spitbank Fort in the Solent hanging out with my favourite people and barely sleeping. Then immediately went to Arctangent Festival for 3 days to see some of my most favourite chin-strokey bands with more bestest friends, and a lot of very lovely strangers, came home, had a shower, slept for 4 hours then hopped on a train to Edinburgh and spent another 4 days at the Fringe, seeing some splendid theatre (and some absolute dreck but that’s the point, right?), again drinking, nattering, dancing with even more of my best most favourite people.

Then I came home and slept for a month.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

After 2 years of crap, the Ex wife divorcing me, just being on a low/depressed/stressed, I have met a lovely lass, the house has had an offer and is going to be sold. In 2 weeks I am off to Grenada for a week with the new girlie. I shall let you lot know if it was a perfect week!!!

jonnouk
    Free Member

We live in one of the richest, most developed countries in the world.

I very much doubt that anyone reading this has ever truly gone hungry a single day in their lives.

In the main, nobody is trying to kill us.

We have all lived a life where we have pretty much everything that we need and most of what we want.

In comparative terms we’ve all probably had more perfect weeks than not. They’re the rule rather than the exception.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

As for a perfect week? I was signed off from work (3months) earlier this year right when we had an early heatwave. In the 1st week, I took the dog to the Brecons to walk, stayed in a nice BnB, worked on my motorbikes at home and generally pottered about without worrying about work.

johndoh
    Free Member

My aforementioned daughter came 5th on an inter-school cross country race on Saturday and was utterly devastated as she was quite literally 2 metres from the finish in third place when she was pipped and we were all gutted for her (and for missing out on the resulting confidence it brings her in her particular battle against anxiety). Today she took part in an inter-school swimming gala and I have just found out that her team came second so it almost makes up for her disappointment at the weekend and hopefully it will mean she won’t wobble going to school tomorrow as she’ll want to be able to share the medal when she gets a special mention along with her swimming team in assembly 🙂

Then she’ll be doubly happy that she has managed a full week in school (which means she gets a special treat) and we’ll be proud/relieved!

In our current little battle, that would make a pretty perfect week.

DezB
    Free Member

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

Thanks for that 🙂 I tried to word something about comparisons being a load of bollocks, but that works.

matt_outandabout

Does starting the week by winning the lottery and finishing it with getting my bosses job count?
    😎

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’d say that pretty much covers it Matt. As long as I get the keys to my very own place on Friday, I’d say this weeks going to be my perfect one. Everything’s just slotted into place so far.

el_boufador

I don’t think pp was using the comparison to try to justify something slightly shit (such as modern life) though? I agree with PP’s general sentiment.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Almost every week for me really. Don’t work that much and do what I want the rest of the time – see girlfriend, friends and my cats, play in or see bands, biking, making beer, drinking beer etc.

Probably the weeks when I don’t work at all are perfect. I’m healthy, happy and have enough money to do pretty much anything I want.

handybar
    Free Member

Been a while but i had a perfect month in croatia many years back.

Dickyboy

A weeks all expenses paid cycling trip around Corsica (playing back marker for a group of wealthy Lebanese guys) & getting tipped 500euros for the privilege 😁 rates pretty much perfect, other weeks are good mostly let down by having to work for a living.

daviek

Handed in my notice yesterday, get home from work on Monday and not due back until the 9th so at home for Christmas! by which time I’ll hopefully have negotiated an early release from the 3 months I’ve had to give.

it’s going to have to go totally pear shaped in the next few days for it not to have been maybe not perfect but its going to be a great week.

northernmatt

@reluctantjumper new username? (well new-ish). That is if you are who I think you are.

That week back in 2015 was ace. I just came here to say the same.

reluctantjumper

@northernmatt yep, self-enforced name change 😁

chewkw
    Free Member

Have you ever had a perfect week?

Not yet. Hhmmm … 🤔

moonsaballoon

I feel a bit guilty saying it as we’ve had another kid since but a family holiday in the Cairngorms . Blue sky every day , I got a couple of excellent rides out on the bike and the boy rode his pedal bike for the first time in the car park at bothy bikes . When you get the weather Scotland is brilliant

PiknMix
    Free Member

When you get the weather Scotland is brilliant

it’s brilliant in any weather.

Gunz
    Free Member

Bit of a ressurection of my original post but glad to hear of your good times (and my thoughts are with those of you who have children with problems at school, I feel your concern).

BillMC

Had an absolutely perfect day in SW France. Sun was very out, I managed a bike ride through the pines, had a surf, got jiggy, did a disco biscuit and finished with a bottle of Moulis Medoc. Heaven, all for less than £30.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever had a perfect week?’ is closed to new replies.