Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Have you ever done nothing for the day
  • trout
    Free Member

Well what a totally lazy day
    walked the dog then a very lazy day
    both the missus and me watched a couple of films and slobbed about all day
    now just managed to pick up the phone and order a curry

feel well relaxed and lazy had a great day 😀

even the dog got in on the lazy day and slept

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yep, very rarely though, but sometimes it’s just bliss. Total shutdown and relaxation!

flip
    Free Member

Tried it once, lasted 10 mins.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Loads of times.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Loads of time. Love it but they go so fast!

ton

love to, but then feel like I wasted it.

hatter

Used to once in a while… then made the mistake of breeding.

loddrik
    Free Member

Most days. Drop kids off in morning, come back and watch jeremy kyle, go back to bed for a sleep, tidy the house a bit and pick kids up again. I am a very lazy person. I’ll leave dynamism and ambition to others.

righog
    Free Member

Yes….Today……and STW has been a bit Meh today as well.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

all the time!! esp when the weather is pants.

wingnuts

Only when I’m working!

IanW
    Free Member

Pyjama day innit, not too keen myself but the ladies in the house love,em.

Sandwich

I am envious. It was a day of oily fingers as Mrs Sandwich’s car received a partial service while the weather was good. I try to avoid spanners and engines when it’s cold and crisp as that’s when blood gets shed!

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Had a few days like that over Christmas. Mainly due to crappy weather and can’t-be-bothered-ness.

househusband

It’s a regular event.

darrenspink
    Free Member

OP…two films and walking the dog is a busy day for some people.

McHamish
    Free Member

There’s no such thing as wasting time, if it’s time you enjoy wasting.

scaredypants

My mum once sent me a birthday card that read “How beautiful it is to do nothing”

“and then rest afterward”

Cheeky cow

samuri
    Free Member

very rarely. Does feel good once in a while though.

I always feel guilty afterwards though and go frantic the following day. Clearly got some bizarre psychological issues going on.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yup today, went to the cash and carry this morning then spent the rest of the day napping and loafing on the sofa. I may get an early night as it’s been tiring and I’m going to brave the mud tomorrow.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some weekends are just like that aren’t they. Ya get up, the body wobbles about instead of feeling taught and lythe it just sort of aches or feels numb, that’s the day I stick on the TV, fire up the hot chocolate, head for the biscuits and grab the sofa blanket and kick back and relax. Total indulgence day of dozing in warm comfyness.

No guilt here, none at all and no feelings of wasted days either..

I love them when they happen to come along.

grievoustim
    Free Member

For me it’s great if I “waste” the day doing things I like doing

Watching films or TV box sets
    Listening to records
    Reading good books
    Eating nice food/ drinking good drinks

If I set out to have a productive day, and end up procrastinating and doing nothing – catch myself sat down browsing the Internet on my phone , eating rubbish to avoid going to the shop or whatever then I feel like crap

trout
    Free Member

Yep Bikebouy has summed it up

now digesting the curry before another doggy stroll

dknwhy

Walking the dog is too much activity for a “nothing” day. I became somewhat of an expert living with my brother (a expert in nothingness who lives in boxer shorts and uses the thermostat as an item of clothing).
    The important questions of a nothing day should revolve around breakfast and lunch choice and arguments about whose turn it is to answer the door to the delivery driver.
    You know you’ve made it when evening arrives and you utter the words, “it got dark, when did that happen?”

loddrik
    Free Member

Coyote
    Free Member

Not for a long time. Sooner be doing to be honest.

loddrik
    Free Member

The important questions of a nothing day should revolve around breakfast and lunch choice and arguments about whose turn it is to answer the door to the delivery driver.

Wholeheartedly disagree. I just unplug the bell and stick a note on the porch door.

philbert31
    Free Member

As ton said, I always feel I’ve wasted my precious time off.

willard

Once, but I had been awake for most of the two weeks before. I got home after napping in the car, went to sleep, woke up briefly, ate, went back to bed and then woke up the next day.

I was still behind on sleep after that.

Come to think of it, the last time I had to take really serious painkillers the same thing happened. Maybe it’s a healing thing.

These days, even a day off with nothing to do means dog walking and other stuff.

twoniner
    Free Member

love to, but then feel like I wasted it.

This.

postierich
    Free Member

recovering from majory surgery for the last 5 weeks so not done a great deal just fell off my bike again will be having a few more weeks of nothingness!

takisawa2

With 6 & 8 year old boys…
    No chance.

Doesn’t seem to bother the wife though… 😉

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i disagree with the glorification of busy

kimbers

not since we had kids and I cant see me getting a slob day for a good 16 years

boxfish
    Free Member

In our house, Boxing Day is always marked as Do Nothing Day. We didn’t even bother getting dressed this one just gone. Loaf-tastic.

Del

used to have a weed habit. spent whole months doing nothing. it were ace.

rocketman
    Free Member

Once spent a day doing nothing back in 2010, because of a bad back.

Simply cant do it otherwise a day doing nothing is such a waste imho

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

used to have a weed habit. spent whole months doing nothing. it were ace.

😆

I’m with you on that one.

I love doing nothing and aim for at least one day a fortnight of doing sod all.

CountZero

While I’m an inherently lazy sonofabitch, that laziness centres around avoiding doing as little as possible while still being gainfully employed. Outside of work, I really hate being sat indoors, I’ll take any opportunity to be outdoors somewhere, just walking, then sitting in a pub with a pint reading a book. I don’t ride the bikes much these days, but being outdoors I find really cathartic. I could easily spend hours reading a book when I should be working, however.

el_boufador

Never by choice, drives me INSANE. I turn into a horrible b@stard if not doing anything for too long.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever done nothing for the day’ is closed to new replies.