• This topic has 30 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Have you cycled more than Alonso in the last month?
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

“Summary of the last three weeks of preparation – 936km bike, 91km run, 8hrs swim, 7hrs gym, 14hrs various (ski, tennis, soccer, etc).”

Excerpt taken from this article http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21498298

He’s really been hitting the bike hasn’t he. Good man 🙂

br
    Free Member

It’ll be road/turbo, so not proper biking – at least not on an MTB forum 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Road riding seems very popular with the motor sportists. I know Button rides and I think quite a few of the motogp chaps do too.

alfabus
    Free Member

I remember reading an article about David Coulthard back in the day, describing training rides where he’d road ride up to the top of the mountains above Monaco, then swap to a mountain bike (that had been shuttled up by his coach) and ride down offroad.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Have you cycled more than Alonso in the last month?

Yes.

woody2000

Nearly 😉

richmtb

I don’t think I’ve cycled more than Ayrton Senna this month!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bet HE doesn’t have any problems getting a new chain when he wants one…

ell_tell
    Free Member

I remember reading an article about David Coulthard back in the day, describing training rides where he’d road ride up to the top of the mountains above Monaco, then swap to a mountain bike (that had been shuttled up by his coach) and ride down offroad.

Might be an uplift business idea in there somewhere. Well, for a sadist who loves climbing anyway 😉

dc11
    Free Member

I wonder if it was on this? I saw it at EICMA motorbike show last year.

piemonster

Whoa, look at that Chav wagon

ell_tell
    Free Member

Christ thats hideous ^^

MSP

No

But I probably would have done if I hadn’t spent most of the daylight hours stuck in an office staring at a computer. And if I lived somewhere warm and sunny.

Haze

Just over half according to Strava, but I bet he hasn’t done as many hours in the office 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, in two weeks, Alonsos a wimp 😆

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Apparently Cal Crutchlow had done some training with Cavendish on the Isle of Man…

_tom_
    Free Member

No, not even close.

stanfree
    Free Member

I’ve done 401 miles or 645km If you like. Not bad for shite weather I suppose.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Leon Camier does a fair bit of training with some of the Aussie pro tour riders so must be pretty bloody quick. Was it Chaz Davies that got into cycling as most of the motorcyclists were doing it, rocked up at the local 3/4 crit and won?

will
    Free Member

Yes, but haven’t done the other stuff. Fair play to him, must be a good life.

lazybike
    Free Member

I’ve driven more….. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

It’ll be road/turbo, so not proper biking

hmmm

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ fugly ^^

plop_pants
    Free Member

Before Leon Camier moved to Andora he often rode our tuesday night crits at Lydden motor racing circuit. He was quick. Good 2nd cat level. Nice memory of him patting me on the back when I won one night.
    If you are ever down Ashford, Kent way be sure to visit the Blue and White cafe on the A20, you can meet his mad mother who owns it (she’s great!). The cake, oh the cake!

sunnrider
    Free Member

Mark Webber bikes and kayaks to raise money for a Lukemia charity.
    Proper biking too, Alonso´s just a tart.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve got it in my mind that Webber rides Afan from time to time?

seanbolton
    Free Member

Have you cycled more than Alonso in the last month?

Has Alonso done more Coffee Walnut than me in the last month? I think not 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Don’t forget guys, these lads get paid many, many millions to be very fit indeed. If I was getting that sort of money out of season I’d be riding a lot too.

It’s a shame isn’t it? You could be the very best person in the world at writing audit reports. You could be a hundred times better than your nearest competitor. These audit reports would be things of beauty and taste. They would reduce the readers to tears and yet you’d still only earn £27654 a year and be expected to prop a desk up in Milton Keynes for your entire life.

But get lucky, be gifted with driving skills instead of audit report writing and you earn 20 million quid a year, live in Monte Carlo, ride your bike all day and get sucked of by a podium girl every night.

PrinceJohn

sounds like a lot, but it’s essentially 4, 50mile bike rides a week for 3 weeks…

spxxky
    Free Member

895km in the last month in freezing and pissing down weather!

mboy
    Free Member

Road riding seems very popular with the motor sportists. I know Button rides and I think quite a few of the motogp chaps do too.

Troy Bayliss is/was known to be a very competitive road rider, even when after he finished riding MotoGP. I’ve got it in my head (think I read an interview with him a couple of years ago) that he had a proper go at road racing after he quit racing motorbikes for a bit, and was doing quite well. Thing is, the fitness and physiology required to make someone a good F1 driver or MotoGP racer will naturally lend itself to being good on pedal power too. That and the inbuilt competitive nature of these guys!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Have you cycled more than Alonso in the last month?’ is closed to new replies.