• This topic has 81 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Have you applied for any olympic tickets….
  • fasthaggis

That’s strange ,you would think there would be room . Been to a few world champs and they have never been packed out.

I will still be going down anyway and see what I can get between now and then.

grum
    Free Member

Why are people still wingeing about London putting in a bid ane winning?

It was sold as being of benefit to the whole country, which is clearly bollocks – yet we all pay for it. If anywhere in the country needs financial stimulus it’s not London. The promised benefits to poor east end communities also seem to be vanishing by the day.

It’s costing an extraordinary amount of money: initial estimates were a couple of billion, it went up to 9 billion, now god knows – in a country that is apparently totally skint.

We apparently have to cut back on basic services for the elderly and disabled, but we can afford to put on overblown sports events (and fire million pound missiles at Ghaddafi). Yay!

Tickets are ludicrously expensive, but it’s ok because the stadiums will be full of corporate sponsors on a jolly.

[Yeah I’m a grumpy cynic]

BMX would be the only thing I’d quite like to see. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Have you applied for any olympic tickets….’ is closed to new replies.