• This topic has 81 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Have you applied for any olympic tickets….
  • ampthill

I’ll either be disappointed or bust

Felt the need for a day at the track but thats expensive and I assume will be over subscribed. But I’ve given it a shot

I’ve also applied for the mountain biking which I assume is less likely to be over subscribed. It’s not the greatest spectator sport but its my chance to see the oympics and its better than pretending that I care about trampolining

simondbarnes

£725 for a good seat to watch the men’s 100m running final. Err, no thanks, I’ll watch it on telly.

bol

Yep. Just applied for a couple if evenings of athletics, both mtb events and the bmx finals. I’ll be chuffed if I get any of them – and gutted if I get them all.

scaredypants

no, none

extortionately overpriced and I’m betting that the tv coverage will be at saturation too – even for trampolining

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Yep, applied for a bunch of tickets. Hopeful that we get half of them. Gone for a few of the track sessions and athletics. Reflecting on it we cut back on some of the sessions we wanted to go to as realised that for the most part you will get a better view (and associated commentary) on the tele but still worth trying to get to some of the events for the atmosphere and to know that at least “we were there” when it all happened. Even if we need to watch the recorded version when we get back to see exactly what did happen! 😯

ampthill

Makes a difference that its all easy reach from home

I think my total liability is about the cost of a running sprint final

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve just maxed out applying for 20 sessions – mostly batches of 2 or 4 tickets at the lower end. If I get them all, I’ll be f—ed if i know how I’m going to pay for them all..! 😯

simon_g

BMX finals, mens MTB. Also applied for (and have scant hope of getting) cheapest seats for opening/closing and the track finals.

Will be stopping at a mate’s house and cycling over to Box Hill to watch the road race on the day (free) and there are a load of “test events” at the various venues over the next year or so which will be way cheaper.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Beach Volleyball and the bikes go past my house so that’s handy.

Ambrose

BMX finals and men’s MTB here.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

£725 for a good seat to watch the men’s 100m running final. Err, no thanks, I’ll watch it on telly.

Or £20 for a ticket in the velodrome or BMX which is far more interesting. WGAS about people running and chucking stuff around a field?

🙂

thebunk

BMX, Mountain Biking, track and field, and closing ceremony. Panicking a bit that I won’t get any of it…must not buy any more…

bruk

Site bit borked at moment. Trying to order tickets for FIL, last minute jitters.

thebunk

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    I’ve just maxed out applying for 20 sessions

😯

How much will that lot potentially cost?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Site won’t process any applications at the moment, so no it doesn’t look like I will be applying for any tickets.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Mens MTB and a day at the velodrome for me hopefully

brakes
    Free Member

boxing, basketball, gymnastics (for the little lady), BMX, track and athletics (100m final)
    potentially down £350 – but you can sell them on can’t you?
    why have people paid for the mountain biking? can’t you go for free anyway? tickets are for the ceremonies??

ratadog

Er no. Thanks, but no.

Didn’t even look to be honest. The idea that this is an olympics for all of us is in my humble opinion complete twaddle. It’s an olympics for the London commuter belt and then only if you can afford it. I suspect that I will watch a lot of it on TV but it won’t mean anything more than it did when beamed from Sydney or Beijing. I lost interest in it as being relevant to me as a citizen about a year ago when I looked into applying to be a medical volunteer after hearing one of the organisers tout for pre hospital care doctors at a conference.

I got hold of the application form after some perseverance on my part, had the necessary experience/qualifications, could potentially take the leave and give them the 14 days they wanted although they couldn’t tell me which 14 days until much nearer the date. I expected to make my own way there and provide towards the cost of my keep but, on a final check through the small print, noticed that I would not only need to pay for my own accommodation in London during the Games but find it as well. Did a bit of research and found that already, 2 years out, I was looking at possibly a months salary for accommodation and that was assuming I knew which fortnight to book, which of course I did not and would not until a few months before.

Queried this with the LOCOG medical group who said that they totally understood and sympathised but that there would be no accommodation available through LOCOG. This is despite the fact that LOCOG has gained use of ?every student hall in London for officials and administrators. I know several other people from work who looked at volunteering in various capacities but don’t have a base or family in London and gave up for the same reason.

So, a UK Olympics? Inspiring all? For the whole country?

Pull the other one mate.

disben

Brakes – with the mountain biking you have to pay to be able to get into the area – you cant just turn up to watch over the fence (AFAIK)

Ive gone for MTB, a day of athletics (morning and afternoon), some rowing and the opening ceremony (worth trying!).

Have bought for me, the fiancee (wife then) & my mum. Have got my mum to buy the same tickets for MTB and athletics, means twice the chance of getting them! Can sell them on or invite other friends to come if we get all of them!

maxray
    Free Member

Mtb and the group sprints and pursuit qualifying at the velodrome. Got my fingers crossed.

geoffj

MTB, Track, BMX and Opening Ceremony hopefully

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve got an email saying that my application has been received, yet when I log in it says my application hasn’t been submitted 😕

colournoise

Velodrome
    Athletics
    BMX
    Archery
    Triathlon
    Diving

Hoping we might get 1/2 of what we applied for, but no real idea of the odds involved?

slainte ❓ rob

fasthaggis

Athletics
    Track
    BMX
    Diving
    Trampolining
    Beach Volley ball

…and will go out and have a day watching the Time Trials (free).

It is a lot of money,but(for me)it’s one of those once in a lifetime things that the kids will remember doing with us.

Some folk spend more on a set of forks 😉

Crell
    Free Member

Been watching the “processing payment” page for 10 minutes now…

Hopefully Hockey, BMX finals & Athletics
    …all crammed in on a Friday IF it goes through.

kimbers

am trying to do the mtb just because

and teh bmx finals because for me they are by far the most exciting thing at the olympics!

Crell
    Free Member

…deadline extended ’till 1 am apparently. On my 3rd payment attempt now and getting very bored watching the “payment processing” screen not living up to its billing.

bmx track and foozball,

I dont even like foozball but my dad and my missus’ little bro do so could be a good day out!

Its worth a punt

andyl
    Free Member

if you created your account between 10.30 and midnight then try making a new account. That is what I had to do.

Took a punt on some Equestrian jumping tickets.

kimbers

hmmm created my account months ago

ah well off to bed youd think that if london2012, visa & lloyds would be able to do spomething right it would be to take my money!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It’s a complete rip off! Why should we pay for the MTB! Best event I have been to was 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester, free to watch MTB. Not forking out more money as for “it’s a once in a life time experience” what a load of twaddle will be better on TV not lots of hanging around and watching from miles away. No thanks! I also bet that most people won’t get ANYTHING as there are so many people applying. I was thinking what about athletes families? so does Chris Hoy’s Ma and Pa have to apply and tough if they don’t get any tickets?

maxray
    Free Member

I also bet that most people won’t get ANYTHING as there are so many people applying.

Um.. how does that work? 🙂 I was never good at maths but surely the amount of people applying won’t decrease the number of available tickets? Yes your odds of getting tickets might be larger but everyones will be?

Zoolander
    Free Member

Yep applied for Womens and men’s mtb and will go and watch the road race as utsxa freebie!

GaryLake
    Free Member

BMX finals, Men’s MTB and Men’s Road race. I’m a little skeptical about the games but better to go and risk enjoying it than regret not going after the event.

cove123

tennis hepthalon football slalom, might have conned them abit on babies age oopppssss

oldgit
    Free Member

No none.
    Many reasons, but mainly have you actually watched sport live from a rubbish seat? Honestly you’ll end up just watching their big telly.

So only pootling down to the road cycling.

clubber
    Free Member

Why? Atmosphere and the experience is a big part of it.

Opening ceremony
    Rowing finals
    2x velodrome finals sessions
    100m final
    Closing ceremony

(and the road race but that’s near my parents and no tickets needed)

Total £450ish (two people) if we got it all but obviously we won’t. Wouldn’t mind if we did though.

Mounty_73

Sat & Sun for the mountain biking.

oldgit
    Free Member

Why? Atmosphere and the experience is a bit part of it.

True. Your choice I would imagine is okay from any seat except the 100 metres, regardless of the experience having to lean forward turn your head left/right just to see the backs of some athletes dissapear is a bit pants.

dave360

I’ve applied for MTB and track. What’s this about paying now, I didn’t see that bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Have you applied for any olympic tickets….’ is closed to new replies.