Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 187 total)
  • Have we upset our mates?
  • nonk
    Free Member

is that what we are all doing is it?
    or do you just need to roll your eyes at some sector of society so you feel young and rad.

sodafarls
    Free Member

"surely most of us fall into that category ?"

Few of us excell at anything, but few are so pitiful to be concerned to such a degree at what a herd of she-cows care about any aspect of our pitiful existence. And it's even worse if he/she considers them "friends". And it's worse still to post he/she's concerns on a public forum, there for the suckling whelp to discover in ten year's time should nobody decide to wipe out the forum again over any time over that period should the moderator insult a contributing member, for example.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but few are so pitiful to be concerned to such a degree at what a herd of she-cows care about any aspect of our pitiful existence

it take it you actually mean women ?

there for the suckling whelp to discover in ten year's time

would a child be so damaged to know its mother cared about it ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    djglover
    Free Member

I think sodafarls is just bitter that he will never reach the dizzy heights of such mediocrity!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

My eldest was breastfed for fourteen months, my youngest for eleven.

For all the things I'd criticise my psycho ex for -she was a bloody trooper for this, feeding through mastitis, teeth and everything, but she was committed to breastfeeding, and gave it 100%

I'd say your missus has something to be really, really proud of, and those being shocked, or criticising her for extended feeding are probably doing so because, deep down, they realise that, and feel inferior.

sodafarls
    Free Member

"it take it you actually mean women ?"

Yes I do, but I suppose some "men" may exhibit the same fundamental failings.

"would a child be so damaged to know its mother cared about it ? "

It may well be damaged to discover the effeminacy exhibited by the OP.

I'm of the opinion that anyone who either cares about the supposed issues raised by the OP, or would feel inclined to bleat about it rather than laugh at the pathetic Stepford Wives scenario, is a T.W.A.T. And if that includes you, well please accept my most insincere apologies.

HTTP404
    Free Member

sfb –

FYI this thread would be much shorter if all the I-couldn't-care-lessers hadn't contributed

You of all people should know the second your press the [publish] button on your computer, your little prose becomes analysed and critcised from every angle and the little devils advocate comes a creeping out from the readership. So why publish – if you're not prepared for this?

On the other hand had these words been spoken face-to-face you wouldn't get nearly the same level of response.

This is nothing to do with Breast is Best vs. Cow & Gate. It's about the written word.

Publish and be damned.

nonk
    Free Member

you do care and you are bleating. 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't see why anyone has to be upset, or to impute inferiority. The original blog post discussed varying opinions anonymously (apart from the author herself) and non judgementally. People are free to choose to breastfeed or not, depending on convenience, practicality and opinion of what is best, and coming to different conclusions is not offensive in itself

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You of all people should know the second your press the [publish] button on your computer, your little prose becomes analysed and critcised from every angle and the little devils advocate comes a creeping out from the readership. So why publish – if you're not prepared for this?

so what? I'm also the last to be cowed by criticism, but I agree the real subject is not breastfeeding but the extent to which people can take offence at the expressed opinions of another, when they're not even critical, just different.

sodafarls
    Free Member

"coming to different conclusions is not offensive in itself"

Wow! We Agree!

And your opinion on getting all upset about The Stepford Wives reading ones daily poo blog? Or getting upset about a "friend's" blog detailling the tedious minutae of mediocre adulthood?

That is what I posted about after all. I'm not interested in breastfeeding to be honest.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

. I'm not interested in breastfeeding to be honest.

yeah, we got that!

HTTP404
    Free Member

It's a sensitive subject the OPs wife was commenting on. So the slightest differences in opinion are highlighted and exacerbated in the written word…

nonk
    Free Member

ny chance of a bit of detail on what it is that defines you as the uber elite of the adult world then?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

ny chance of a bit of detail on what it is that defines you as the uber elite of the adult world then?

I think it's this:

I had an 05 or 06 subway 8 (that came with a Nexus hub and Nexave drum brakes). […] It was a bit heavy when carrying it up and down six flights of stairs to my flat everyday, but made a great reliable commuter.

Pure warrior on the edge of time. DMT on toast every morning and hunts for tea with crossbow in park. Certainly not anything like someone, "detailling the tedious minutae of mediocre adulthood?"

gizzardman
    Free Member

FFS I think i may be falling into life like theirs? My wife suggested last night that we get a 'Family Planner'. I suggested taht maybe the calendar that's hanging in the kitchen's fine but apparently there's a difference. Glad i still smoke the herb to keep me sane.

sodafarls
    Free Member

"I'm of the opinion that anyone who either cares about the supposed issues raised by the OP, or would feel inclined to bleat about it rather than laugh at the pathetic Stepford Wives scenario, is a T.W.A.T. And if that includes you, well please accept my most insincere apologies."

Reading that it appears that im referring to SFB.

That simply is not true.

It refers to everybody on this forum cowed by the dictates of the neurotic way of life and the barking she-seals basking on the rocks of reality.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm of the opinion that anyone who either cares about the supposed issues raised by the OP, or would feel inclined to bleat about it rather than laugh at the pathetic Stepford Wives scenario, is a T.W.A.T. And if that includes you, well please accept my most insincere apologies.

supposed issues ? Supposed by whom ? I don't like the harsh undercurrent of misogyny in sodafarls posts, though I'll admit that the matter raised by the OP isn't very significant.

sodafarls
    Free Member

OOOOH!… Andrewf/heathenwood seems annoyed about something I've said. Maybe a few old parts for his next charity bike could patch things up? Or a Comus bootleg?

It's funny though, how some some people can get by with cheap bikes they've purchased for themselves and be happy with it.

zaskar
    Free Member

1) I have nothing good to say but I am interested when is the trend to stop breast feeding? Some say 6 months and others say 2yrs accord to the W.H.O.

Is there a norm? Probably not.

2) Well if you blog -some will agree and some will not agree with your Wife's comments-you have to be aware of this! Look at STW!

3) If they are your friends-well you'll still be pals after a minor disagreement.

4) If you wife was annoyed she should have said something then and not behind their back- is that what your friends are saying?

5) Some ppl will make comments that annoy you. Just ignore it or say something or stop hanging around with them.

6) Get new friends. (Last option but it shouldn't get that past 3).

7) Life is too short-concentrate on baby's health, nutrition and poopy.

8) Thanks for posting-I'm definately buying a car than having babies. 😈

nonk
    Free Member

oh right soda just trolling then.how boring.
    lol at zaskar just keep pushing till she runs dry mate 😉 take her a brew in bed some mornings.
    it will be fine.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

-I'm definately buying a car than having babies

good call, for a start it's way cheaper 🙂

sodafarls
    Free Member

"I don't like the harsh undercurrent of misogyny in sodafarls posts"

I am a misogynist, I said as much a long time ago. I'm a Misandrist too. I don't eat dairy as it brings me out in hives.

I don't like the undercurrent of IT professional in SFB's posts, but I don't feel inclined to tell everyone.

grumm
    Free Member

By the way, what kind of person sends a text to say that they are upset?

This morning I get a text from a mate (the one expecting twins) saying how upset he is, and if we had anything to say, why didn't we say it to his face?

Should have replied 'if you are so upset, why can't you say it to my face' 😈

zaskar
    Free Member

"I don't like the harsh undercurrent of misogyny in sodafarls posts"

I am a misogynist, I said as much a long time ago. I'm a Misandrist too. I don't eat dairy as it brings me out in hives.

I don't like the undercurrent of IT professional in SFB's posts, but I don't feel inclined to tell everyone.

Well I hate you all but I don't say it all the time 😉

grumm – Member
    By the way, what kind of person sends a text to say that they are upset?

This morning I get a text from a mate (the one expecting twins) saying how upset he is, and if we had anything to say, why didn't we say it to his face?

Should have replied 'if you are so upset, why can't you say it to my face'

Nope, Just give him a glass of milk to cheer him up. 😆

Relax folks!

Op-yeah the guy is upset so have a quick chat and laugh it off. Tell him it wasn't a dig.

Why do I keep thinking of womens breasts now?

Why do men have nipples? can men breast feed? I know women can generate milk if stimulated over time?

Visualises Family guy moment with Peter Griffin…

Why am I here? I must be bored! reads cycling plus in bed…

Signs out… :O)

ChuckPalahnuip
    Free Member

"Why do men have nipples?"

I think it may be due to the fact that we are all female for a while in the womb, and only a chosen minority then evolve into males before birth.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the difference being that I'm like this by choice, not irrevocable genetic determination. I humbly apologise for the horrors inflicted upon humanity by arrogant programmers (of which I am one)

and only a chosen minority then evolve into males before birth

it's not evolution, it's a hormonal process.

bomberman
    Free Member

I am growing to despise mountain bikers. been away from STW for a while and come back to this makes me realise how sad a bunch we are. You're all a load of b*tches

bomberman
    Free Member

especially you simon. you make me wanna puke

bomberman
    Free Member

no offense

nonk
    Free Member

most of the folk on here dont ride bikes 8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

especially you simon. you make me wanna puke

I'd like to say it was mutual but I think you're a fine fellow and a great mountain biker :o) You have my sympathy for your delicate constitution…

no offense

none taken 🙂

sodafarls
    Free Member

"it's not evolution, it's a hormonal process."

No, Chuck is correct, Simon is wrong.

And Bomberman, I love you.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

OOOOH!… Andrewf/heathenwood seems annoyed about something I've said.

Not annoyed just all smileyfaced at your mighty and superior tone; hubris aint pretty 🙂

ChuckPalahnuip
    Free Member

I love you too Bomberman, you tell it like it is!

ChuckPalahnuip
    Free Member

ChuckPalahnuip
    Free Member

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No, Chuck is correct, Simon is wrong

I had no idea evolution was so quick – I suppose I should be pleased I only have the two heads…

sodafarls
    Free Member

"Not annoyed just all smileyfaced at your mighty and superior tone; hubris aint pretty"

What, smileyfaced at my brotherly advice regarding inexpensive commuters?

I tell you what, next time I'll suggest he post on STW and see if he can get a roadrat or something a bit more "Ted Nugent" together from donations.

Or do you have a problem with my posts on this thread? Surely you could at least indicate where I've gone wrong? That's the point of posting after all.

zaskar
    Free Member

Simon has some good points/comments now and again.

Most people here mess about and are alot nicer in public.

I think it's combo of genes and hormones but some papers cite that embryos are non sex and even men have breast tissue but not enough estrogen to grow full breats but moobs grow when you have fatty liver-interfers with estrogen not broken down.

Ok I'm sticking to the bike forum-bit more friendly in there.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 187 total)

The topic ‘Have we upset our mates?’ is closed to new replies.