Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 187 total)
  • Have we upset our mates?
  • grumm
    Free Member

Crikey what a terribly middle-class post-modern dilemma eh?

Your wife should be pleased that anyone actually bothers to read her tedious blogging. 😛

MrSmith
    Free Member

But what's more baffling to me is this response ^^^ – should we all be sorry we're not battling through poverty and working all the hours god sends just to put food on the table?

i dunno if you should feel sorry about being a working class hero or not. why not write a blog about your inner struggle to help you decide?
    maybe what your friends think about such trivia will reaffirm your decisions?
    or maybe they will be bored shitless?

Is the only sort of conversation allowed that of the thoroughbred working class hero, fighting with the holes in his roof and the gnawing lack of sleep from tinitus caused by the sound of the rock crusher down the mine shaft? What bizarre inverse-snobbery.

people will talk about anything these days. people even like to talk about what kind of kitchens celebrity people have and discuss the relationships of people they have seen on the telly but never met?
    that's really bizzare.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

thats what your missus did,

and writing that someone was shocked at your still breast feeding is not the same thing as saying that they should be doing it

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm desperately trying to summon up any sort of interest in this thread to add my always valuable comment on the subject, but have so far failed 🙂

avdave2

Having read it I'd just put it down as a waste of words(like most stuff on here. :-)) I cannot believe anybody writes this stuff and I'm even more surprised that anyone would read it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I cannot believe anybody writes this stuff and I'm even more surprised that anyone would read it.

and yet you visit STW ? Life is mostly made up of minutiae, and blogs are where they are documented, surely ? One person's storm-in-a-teacup is another's world-shaking trauma.

FYI this thread would be much shorter if all the I-couldn't-care-lessers hadn't contributed 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

this is straying from the point but yer might chuckle.
    my lass has a book club once a month.when its her turn to host it i tend to cook for them and so get to hear some right choice pearls of wisdom.
    my mrs was talking about how hard it had been for her breast feeding whilst holding down a full time job (twas a fine effort she did us proud)
    when one of the mums pipes up with..well i couldnt be bothered with the first two but i might try with the next one as I dont want to feel like I missed out.
    nearly burnt the pizza that night.
    same lady once looked at a bag of carrots that i had in my hand and then asked what organic is.
    She allso happens to be the wife of an MP.
    Mind you spose you can be an MP and marry a daft lass if you want.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Is it me or is everyone getting a bit sensitive these days.

meh.

J

BoardinBob

Ive said it before on here, but having kids sounds well shite. If my social life ever involves talking about breast feeding then it's time to visit dignitas to end my suffering.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but having kids sounds well shite

it depends who you are – I enjoyed it, and it didn't destroy my reason

mudsux
    Free Member

I can't believe anybody still regularly writes a blog. It must take a certain kind of person to believe the world has such an interest in one's inner-most thoughts to go and splatter them across the internet. And how your friends came to discover the blog is a little beyond me unless the said blog was well publicised in your circle of friends. But then again I really can't grasp the need to blog in the first place.

Some things are better off not said. Other things are better off not published.

DezB
    Free Member

Crikey, I was just about to post almost word for word what mudsux has said… not very helpful really. But Blogs..? Why?

I've just driven home from work, got in, changed, had a play-fight with the dog who ran face first into the French doors. Then I had my tea. Pasta and tuna. Then I thought I'd check my email and got involved in rather strange thread on stzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bomberman
    Free Member

pretty silly of your wife to go spouting her thoughts into the public domain i should think. she's talking to the whole world behind your friend's backs, not surprised they're p1ssed off about it 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

gonna be helpful now:
    Q: Have we upset our friends?

his morning I get a text from a mate (the one expecting twins) saying how upset he is, and if we had anything to say, why didn't we say it to his face?

A: Yes.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But Blogs..? Why?

why anything ? We have to do something twixt birth (whether breastfed or bottle) to all-to-soon demise, so why not ?

Sandwich

Coffeeking "A holey roof" you were lucky…..

Eddie_fb
    Free Member

Well, I think SimonFBarnes has the right sort of sense.

I'm a little confused about all the middle class jibes, I've always considered myself to be the lowest of the lower class, (scum, me) but apparently I must be wrong! I'd like to point out, if the definition of middle class is disposable income, and spare time, then almost everyone on STW must qualify?
    Yeah, I'm not too sure about blogs in general, and I see Twitter as a total waste of time. But still, it's my wife's blog/life, and she does have the odd spare minute when the baby is asleep, so why not? As pointed out earlier, it's really for people in her breast-feeding classes, not for general consumption (although we realise it's a public forum – yet not well publicised.)

Eddie_fb
    Free Member

My Dad used to cut us in two wit breadknife, and dance on our graves…….if we were lucky!

BoardinBob

At the cafe at GT a few weeks ago, sitting enjoying a coffee in the sun and a couple of GUYS at the table behind were discussing their wives' experiences with breastfeeding.

C'mon to f*ck guys, get a f*cking grip.

Nico
    Free Member

LOL @ "babe".

nonk
    Free Member

bob you sound a bit shallow if you dont mind me saying.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Well I'm with Bob on this one

surfer
    Free Member

Well tits usually come in pairs!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and a couple of GUYS at the table behind were discussing their wives' experiences with breastfeeding.

as we covered last week in another thread, making new people is quite strongly ingrained into us, and if you're going to do it you might as well enjoy it to the full, talk about it, blog it etc. The standoffish type of dad that didn't get involved was always dysfunctional.

samuri
    Free Member

put the women in a room together, you and the lads go down the pub quite happily. It's the girls argument after all, the blokes are all just standing up for their wives. It'll be sorted out when you get back and you'll be the bads guys again (for some reason), back to normality.

BoardinBob

making new people is quite strongly ingrained into us

Thankfully it's not ingrained into me or the wife

nonk
    Free Member

not sure why bob but i am pleased 😉

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

At the cafe at GT a few weeks ago, sitting enjoying a coffee in the sun and a couple of GUYS at the table behind were discussing their wives' experiences with breastfeeding.

C'mon to f*ck guys, get a f*cking grip.

Why not? You seem really uncomfortable with teh subject B_B; why don't you lay down on the couch and tell us about your mother….

😉 btw.

Seriously, I think your friends are freaking out about the imminent arrival of their twins and are so worried that everything's going to go tits-up that they've decided to get high and mighty about everything and everyone else in order to cover up the fact that they're shitting themselves over what the next few years have in store.

Suggest that they come round and watch Cronenberg's Dead Ringers and have a chat.

Dark-Side

lol @ surfer

djglover
    Free Member

Its a slippery slope from blogging to the most ostentatious stalwart of middle class gossip – THE FAMILY NEWSLETTER

ARGGGGGGGG

nonk
    Free Member

with the photo card with examples of the year past. ahh yer cant beat them can you.

D0NK

Thankfully it's not ingrained into me or the wife

Congratulations, keep it up.

Dunno what the problem is, your wife seemed to be commenting upon her own reaction to what they said and no names mentioned so they should chill. Weird how people get worked up about breast feeding, bet if it was another subject of conversation from that night your wife was blogging about they wouldn't be upset.

djglover
    Free Member

I think the subject matter is a red herring

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think the subject matter is a red herring

babies should always be fed red herrings ?

kerv
    Free Member

I'm sure you and your wife are totaly innocent. But I think the "Breast Is Best" taliban should desist from ramming their opinions down the throats of new mothers, who have enough on their plates without the guilt trip!
    "Babe" yeugh!

sodafarls
    Free Member

The misery of mediocre adulthood.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

surely most of us fall into that category ? We can't all be amazing, or even interesting to anyone else – but I don't see that it matters.

nonk
    Free Member

so long as your entertaining yourself your ok.

BoardinBob

Indeed. Me and a mate used to fear what we called "mid table mediocrity"

Semi detached home in a new build estate, Toyota Avensis for him, Yaris for her, dinner parties where the Lighthouse Family was the soundtrack.

😳

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Me and a mate used to fear what we called "mid table mediocrity"

= snobbery

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 187 total)

The topic ‘Have we upset our mates?’ is closed to new replies.