Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Have we really sunk this low?
  • honeybadgerx

http:/bbc.co.uk/news/health-20404541

I mean really, drinking anti-bacterial gel? To be fair anything beats SIS go-gels, but still!

allthepies
    Free Member
    honeybadgerx

Oops, thanks 😳

TheWrongTrousers

Seriously, if people are that desparate/stupid,let them get on with it

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5EmCKbWS6c[/video]

khani
    Free Member

😯 I remember years ago seeing a tramp pissed out of his head with pink stuff round his gob,
    I had no idea you could get pissed on Windowlene til I seen him having a swig…

maccruiskeen

Its all a charade – its well known the real reason that alcohol gel is there is to mask the smell of gin emanating from the doctors

MrOvershoot

We had a cleaner at work who was an alcoholic & was drinking our hand sanitiser years ago, he’s dead now but not directly from that (he walked in front of a lorry doing 53mph while pissed up) drink & dual carriage ways don’t mix well.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Quite common in prisons IIRC?

MSP

Have we really sunk this low?

What’s this “we” business?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

to the OP: Yes, Mrs mW works in a hospital and told me about this around 18 months ago. My alcoholic neighbour was drinking white spirit and diet coke (gotta watch the waistline) this time last year, desperate people will do most anything.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly Binners

elzorillo
    Free Member

We can expect a LOT more of this type of thing once the gov introduce their ill thought out minimum prices for alcohol.

Cougar

Impressive bloke if he can walk at 53mph.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

cue withnail quote-a-thon!

“W@nkers don’t drink it because they can’t afford it.”

slowmart
    Free Member

Northern monkeys …

piemonster

I am both appalled and impressed

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Why don’t they just make it taste really nasty? i’d imagine making is brussel sprout flavour would put anyone off it./

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Why don’t they just make it taste really nasty?

I would imagine hand sanitiser, meths, windolene all taste pretty nasty anyway. I really don’t think the taste will put desperate people off.

Strong smell that hospital stuff though, I enjoy sniffing it during appropriate use.

muckytee
    Free Member

😆 I just find this story rather funny.

I enjoy sniffing it during appropriate use.

Same here

Sui
    Free Member

pebblebeach – Member

Why don’t they just make it taste really nasty?

I would imagine hand sanitiser, meths, windolene all taste pretty nasty anyway. I really don’t think the taste will put desperate people off.

Strong smell that hospital stuff though, I enjoy sniffing it during appropriate use.

I’m surprised it gets past HMRC’s alcohol guidleines to be quite frank, £23/litre duty on pure undenatured alcohol. though i suppose putting horse tranquiliser and Bitrex in it would make people a little bit sick and giddy (tis what’s in Meths)

Moses

Meths has got methanol in it.
    That makes you blind – as well as sick and pissed. It’s converted to formalin in your body.

rugbydick

Cougar – Member
    Impressive bloke if he can walk at 53mph.

Especially when he’s had a few…

Woody
    Free Member

And how much is going to ‘disappear’ after that nice bit of free advertising from the BBC?

A number of hospitals in the north of England have removed hand gel from public areas because some patients and visitors are drinking it for its alcoholic content.

or is it just an excuse to save a little bit of money?

dr_death
    Free Member

TBH they have been doing this for at least the last 4-5 years. Not sure why it has suddenly made the news…

They do put nasty tasting shit (Bittrex I think) in it but the punters just water it down. It bad if you gel your hands then take a bite of your lunch and absent mindedly lick your fingers…. Does smell great though!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Have we really sunk this low?’ is closed to new replies.