Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 258 total)
  • Have we had a Top Gear thread yet?
  • simondbarnes

New Series on @ 8pm tonight. I’ll watch it after Star Wars has finished 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Recording it, ffwd through the shit bitz 🤠🧟‍♂️

Mister-P
    Free Member

Top Gear still exists? How quaint.

CountZero

Top Gear still exists? How quaint.

There are other things you can watch, you know. You could even do something like read a book. Although some may find the concept of reading words on a page a quaint concept in itself.

welshfarmer

How can I bypass the BBC website forcing me to watch the Welsh Snooker until 10 pm?

Edit;
    Fixed it!

DickBarton

Probably late to the game but Ken Block has a 10th Gymkhana…slightly entertaining.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Still cringeworthy ..and there is another 20 mins to go ..

Drac

Has Chris Harris left yet?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Still in the building ..

revs1972
    Free Member

Recording it, ffwd through the shit bitz 🤠🧟‍♂️

Put some fresh batteries in the remote. You’ll need them

johndoh
    Free Member

There are other things you can watch, you know. You could even do something like read a book. Although some may find the concept of reading words on a page a quaint concept in itself.

Quite possibly was watching something else or reading seeing as they clearly weren’t watching it…

mrhoppy

I’m not sure that was preferable to sitting through call the midwife with Mrs hoppy.

Harry_the_Spider

Sunday night ironing my shirts TV.

Want the Porsche.

Sabine being bleeped out.

Crap guest.

That’ll do.

kerley
    Free Member

Put some fresh batteries in the remote. You’ll need them

Not really. Press fast forward button and wait until it gets to end and then press stop, two presses in total.

simondbarnes

Enjoyed that 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

but Ken Block has a

stunning Stumpy.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Much better than Fridays offering from the Amazon bunch

DickBarton

Aye, glows in the dark and looks very nice with the lights off!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d rather’ve ad da Porker, but the Panda 4×4 stole da Sho’

Innit.

tthew

Answer a question for me. What is the benefit to Ferrari and Porsche of lending Top Gear cars to abuse like that? I can see that Suzuki and Fiat might consider a smashed up 15k city car a reasonable use of an advertising budget, but no-one is going to have a purchasing decision on a supercar swayed by that stupidity.

Not the best episode for me, but I’m still watching, unlike the final few Clarkson series.

timbog160

I thought it was ok, better than the Amazon thing on balance. I only really watch both of them out of habit tbh.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So your Porsche or Ferrari being shown to a global ordinance for free isn’t worth it?

Just because the Porsche and Ferrari are not in your price bracket doesn’t mean they are not in plenty of peoples.

And if you can’t afford either now you might be able to in the future

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dunno, not like they need the advertising is it.

S’pose it’s more about the stock test cars the Journo’s have left over before they get crushed, I don’t think they sell them off (could be wrong)

And yeah, I’ve never understood why a manufacturer would hand TG a Panda 4×4 knowing it’ll be destroyed either..

Maybe that’s a career right there, become a journo and crash cars for a living.

boblo
    Free Member

5 minutes for me when they kept calling those two cars ‘estates’ and then I was oot. Liked the Norway scenery though, I’ve bike toured there before and started to feel the itch again…

tthew

Ah no, the Panda and Ignis, I can understand. Puts them in viewers minds and they are the sort of cars people buy. You are spot on with the first point though bikebouy.

I still don’t think Top Gear would make any difference to someone with the spends for either the Porsche or Ferrari.

thepurist

Shooting-brakes dear boy.

jimdubleyou

sitting through call the midwife with Mrs hoppy.

I assume there was a difficult birth and some social commentary, like every episode of that show, ever.

I half watched Top Gear, not sure I’ll bother again.

Watched #amazonshitcarshow on Saturday. I say watched, I fell asleep.

Kryton57

I thought it was dull.   Enjoyed Norway though, Will be investigating next year on Hols.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

thepurist

Subscriber
    Shooting-brakes dear boy

Just as wonky as people calling their bikes….. STEEDs……

I’m done with Top Gear (BBC) anyway. Chris Harris is OK but he has plenty of stuff on Youtube to watch, without suffering Matt The Blank.

Grand Tour I do like but it’s just the same old shit rehashed with newer cars.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Did anyone notice that they put rally tyres on the Fiat and Suzuki. That got them further up the hill than the 4×4

john_l
    Free Member

That Ferrari was a hatchback. Still enjoyed it though and Sabine in the Panda was ace.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Chris Harris is shit. Why all the fanboys I’ll never know. Absolutely forced and false. Awful presenter.

birky
    Free Member

Just has a quick skim through on Iplayer. The Panda/Ignis bit was filmed on the Moulin Moor road and the track to Fealar Lodge, part of the Glen Tilt Loop.

slackalice
    Free Member

Going out on a limb here but I rather enjoy TG; the on screen rapport between Chris Harris and Matt Le Blanc is good and amusing, if not a tad predictably laddish.

It’s an entertainment programme, so there’s little need to take it so seriously, although I guess with the proliferation of self appointed driving gods on here, holes can be easily found. Both of those guys can at least drive a car.

If you’re after true factual stuff, then there are plenty of channels on YouTube.

It’s the over dramatised nature ‘documentaries’ that I find unwatchable, with the obviously edited material and personification of wildlife, the earlier prog on the Rockies just before Ski Sunday being a classic example, there is never so much bird song out there, why did/do they edit that in?

njee20
    Free Member

Last series for Matt isn’t it? Chris Harris going it alone from the next one, with no mention of Rory Reid.

I, for one, like Chris and dislike Matt and Rory. Haven’t watched last nights yet, but thought the last series was better than Grand Tour, although this series of GT seems markedly better.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Chris Harris is shit. Why all the fanboys I’ll never know.

Because he’s the 1st presenter since Tiff Needell that can actually drive!

Only watched the 2nd half and probably wouldn’t have watched that much if it wasn’t for CH. Seemed ok to me, nothing groundbreaking but easy Sunday night watch.

stumpy01

njee20 Subscriber

Last series for Matt isn’t it? Chris Harris going it alone from the next one, with no mention of Rory Reid.

I thought there was talk of Paddy McGuiness & Freddie Flintoff taking over the reins from Matt LeBlanc…

Yup….

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/oct/22/paddy-mcguinness-andrew-flintoff-host-bbc-top-gear

Oh dear…..

But FWIW, I thought yesterday’s episode was quite enjoyable.
    I know it’s ‘just entertainment’, but I find the destroying of brand new cars a bit wince inducing – apart from that, it was pretty good.

edhornby

The Ferrari and Porsche were on because TG still gets sold around the world and lots of people watch it, and it’s recorded in hi-def so it makes the cars look good. Marketing will always say yes to that kind of exposure

I had it on in the background while doing other stuff, it’s ok but I find myself having less of an emotional response to the cars (despite the fact that we are about to change ours !) and the bit where they smash up a hill without any care for the environment was pretty abhorrent, I do wish they’d stop those.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I started watching it last night but could only cope for half an hour before switching channels. It was soooo cringeworthy, with all the false banter and bonhomie, it just put me off the whole thing.

Quite why they still feel the need to try and recreate the Clarkson era, when it just doesn’t work is beyond me. Great cars and scenery, ruined by the script!

Drac

Well I’ve put it on this am. 10 minutes in and I see they have decided to make Harris full on May.

I’ll carry on to see them play with the Porsche and Ferrari estate cars but I’m going to struggle, Harris is just awful.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 258 total)

The topic ‘Have we had a Top Gear thread yet?’ is closed to new replies.