Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Have we done vegans yet?
  • thejesmonddingo

This guy https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46042314 seems to have upset a few people,but he has left out some vital information for me.Firstly,when you’ve killed your vegan,how long should they hang before roasting,and secondly, if it becomes legal,will it be acceptable to carry a humane killer in the car,in case you only wing one?

winston
    Free Member

There was a bloke defending the journo’s actions last night on PM, and a vegan to counter him.

The vegan won by a large margin….perhaps they aren’t so wimpy after all!

Seriously, whilst I like a good vegan joke with the best of them, it does seem like we are consuming too much of the planet resources by eating meat and if you have ever seen a commercial milking system in operation then you’ll be on the soya substitute quicker than winking.

Not sure about the honey though…..

Trimix
    Free Member

Vegans are better than Fruitarians though.

Someone I work with cant eat food that would result in the killing of the plant.  So they cant eat carrots, as to harvest them you remove the whole plant.  But can eat say an Apple, as that wont kill a tree.

They were doing if for daft religious reasons.  What’s even more daft is they admitted it ended up with them having a very bad diet.

Stoner
    Free Member

in case you only wing one

Line the wheels up better

poah
    Free Member

That guy’s comment was so wrong.  Would take far too long to kill them one by one.  Round them up and use some sort of industrial conveyor system.

tomhoward

Round them up and use some sort of industrial conveyor system.

Wouldnt work. They’d all take off and escape

eddiebaby
    Free Member

They’d all take off and escape

They can only take off if you wind them up first.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Joking about killing someone to death? A heinous crime!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

The vegan won by a large margin….perhaps they aren’t so wimpy after all!

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>I had a debate with a cyclist once.  I left feeling enjoyably challenged, yet still respected…</span>

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Perhaps they aren’t such rude, arrogant, selfish, tree-hugging, red-light-jumping, holier-than-thou road-hogging, freeloading lycra-louts afer-all!</span>

Well, maybe some aren’t.

andypaul99
    Free Member

Flexitarianism is the way forward.

binners

Once we’ve killed them, can we eat them? Surely, by their logic re: use of resources, thats what they would have wanted?

Anyway…. the standard Daily mash taking the piss out of vegans link

😀

binners
    bob_summers

Nobody took offence except the shareholders who know how much the vegan market is worth.

Poah don’t you comment on every single vegan thread? Is there something you want to tell us?

tetrode
    Free Member

I am a fully blown meat eater but honestly, as much fun as people make about vegans they are absolutely right, and always will be. Everyone should go vegan if we’re to help the planet in anyway, but I just can’t bring myself to do it.

Stoner
    Free Member

I love vegans.

But I couldn’t eat a whole one.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Guy obviously has a bit of a ‘trigger’ with veganism – not sure it merits having to quit your job mind you. If everyone who gets wound up about some other social situation has to pack in work, it’ll probably have a slightly bigger impact than Brexit!

mickmcd
    Free Member

Joking about killing someone to death? A heinous crime!

didnt someone suggest sticking a knife in maybot v1. 0 recentley would be a heinous crime surely also

mickmcd
    Free Member

it does seem that these days to progress ones social needia career or writing unimportant drivel column a prerequisite is that your offended by absolutely every single **** thing on the planet and hope your in the right camp when it goes viral

bob_summers

Once we’ve killed them, can we eat them?

Come to think of it, junk yard hasn’t been on here for ages 🤔

slowoldman

Everyone should go vegan if we’re to help the planet in anyway, but I just can’t bring myself to do it.

No. Just reduce meat intake. You don’t need meat 3 times a day, 7 days a week.

The normal bacon exclusion applies though.

lambchop
    Free Member

You can’t argue against veganism. Check out Earthling Ed on YouTube.  I went vegan for a couple of months earlier this year. Watched the documentaries, read some stuff. It all makes complete sense. However I do eat some meat again now but much less frequently. Basically I love beef, be it a ribeye, a burger or brisket.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Come to think of it, junk yard hasn’t been on here for ages

Killed and eaten with a cranberry and ponytail reduction

Worst episode of Celebrity Masterchef ever.

tomhoward

it does seem that these days to progress ones social needia career or writing unimportant drivel column a prerequisite is that your offended by absolutely every single **** thing on the planet and hope your in the right camp when it goes viral

Google Paul Stenson from the White Moose Cafe and/or Outrage Marketing. no one will promote/publicise your business faster than folk who are offended by it/the things you say around it.

Because of it, a small cafe in Dublin has hundreds of thousands of followers on social media, all started because he asked vegans to give 24hrs notice before they came in with their ridiculous dietary requirements/demands.

He then went on to suggest he would charge corkage for breastfeeding mums, and anyone asking for gluten free food would have to provide a doctors note to say they were coeliac.

Reviews for the place in all the usual places are either 5 star or 1 star, nothing in between. The vast majority of ‘reviewers’ having never set foot in Ireland, let alone his cafe.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

But can eat say an Apple, as that wont kill a tree.

Did you mean ipods or Apple users?  Users could mean catching a dose of unbearable smugness, a bit like eating a vegan I suppose

kid.a
    Free Member

I’m vegan, and of course an avid cyclist. It’s nice to be doubly hated by the majority 🙂

(although recently I switched to MTB from road, so a little bit less hated as out of sight)

Cougar

Jesus.  When did the world collectively lose its sense of humour?  It was clearly intended as a joke – about as original and funny as “yes but bacon” but a joke nonetheless – and certainly not something that should cost someone their job.

kid.a
    Free Member

Agreed! It’s ridiculous, PR, brand protection. Maybe in the future he shouldn’t reply to work emails when drunk though! 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

not sure it merits having to quit your job mind you

Well if your employer has just launched a load of vegan products, it’s not the cleverest thing for a magazine editor to say.

I don’t really see it as being just about offence, but that’s what the freedom of speech blowhards like to say, it’s about commercial common sense.

The guy on PM was a joke, wasn’t he a mate of the sackee?

mickmcd
    Free Member

my ignorance is obvious but what is a vegan product

tomato

potato

avocado

jekkyl

My mate is a vegan and keeps on banging on about how drinking cow’s milk is a ‘bit weird when you think about it’ but he won’t consider Human milk ?! and no matter how much he says drinking cows milk is weird it doesn’t make cheese any less delicious.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

A sense of humour is required, amongst the bacon rind.

tomhoward

commercial common sense.

Vegans are only a tiny proportion of the total market though (10% iirc?) if offending them wins you more fans in the 90% then the juice may be worth the squeeze [/bullshit bingo]

kerley
    Free Member

You can’t argue against veganism.

Exactly, yet people do in an attempt to defend their choice to kill stuff just to eat it.  Just need meat eaters to be a bit more grown up and admit that they know eating meat is bad but they eat it anyway.

woody2000
    duckman

I’m a Vegan and on hearing about it thought he was a bit of a bell-end and it could get back to him… and then got on with my life. However just as you get folk on here stridently defending even the most dickish of cycling moves, so you get Vegans who demand the right to be outraged because some hack jurno not good enough for the Ipswich gazette sends a pished email. We are just like any other group in society including cyclists and in-store magazine editors. Some are dicks. some are not.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

And yet, Islay is overrun with wild goats that are eating all the plants! Eating one of them would be good for everyone, but that poor American lass got shouted at on the internet…

Yours,

Confused Meat Lover of Edinburgh

chakaping
    Free Member

Do we think he might have got away with it if it’d been a joke in the traditional sense of the word (ie. actually funny)?

That was the worst offence for me, though being rude to would-be freelance journalists is a pretty big no-no too.

The vegan bit is here nor there really, but I bet they’ll have a lovely big vegan feature in that mag sometime soon.

Cougar

but that poor American lass got shouted at on the internet…

Yeah.  That was weird too.

CraigW
    Free Member

Is it OK to be a bigoted arsehole if you say it is “only a joke”?

jekkyl

does raising an issue as a joke class you as a bigot in relation to that issue? I could joke about the Scots having red hair and being miserly but it doesn’t necessarily mean I think it’s the case.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Have we done vegans yet?’ is closed to new replies.