Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Have we done the wheel debate being discussed on the Cycle Show?
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

Only caught the end of it….the CRC rider saying that he was surprised that 650b wheels had more grip in the corners was a real highlight 🙂

One bloke made the point that 29ers remain fastest.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand discuss!

iain1775
    Free Member

Seriously?
    Just go away
    Please

JEngledow
    Free Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Somebody think of the children 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s all true, you heard it hear first 😆

patriotpro
    Free Member

650b really makes the trail come alive

lemonysam
    Free Member

AndyRT
    Free Member

Not sure whether I want to make a cuppa and settle in for an evenings entertainment

or jump out the window…

seavers
    Free Member

lemonysam….Love it

Tom B **** off. Done to death mate.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Clive saying “gnarly” was the low point for me.

joat

But he didn’t choose one over the others did he? He basically said get down your local shop and try a few. Sound advice if you ask me.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’d forgotten the Bike Show was even on. Shows how captivating a programme it is…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Not sure why I want to go faster as I usually have to brake a bit on my 26″ bike.

If I got a 260b or 29er, would I need to brake more?

cloudnine
    Free Member

But which would be fastest on a conveyor belt?

AndyRT
    Free Member

260b! Genius…..so….about 14″ then?

All our debates now must end. We have found the perfect wheel! 😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

Tom B **** off

😆 Relax princess, just a bit of a laugh isn’t it.

bikebouy
    Free Member
    khani
    Free Member

maxtorque

Ignoring the wheel mass debate (see what i did there 😉 I thought T-Mo came across pretty well btw!

recipher
    Free Member

Perfectly reasonable thing to discuss on a bike magazine show. Not entirely sure why they showed highlights of a Nukeproof promotional film though.

https://vimeo.com/71957773

orangeboy
    Free Member

I don’t care anymore

roverpig

Whatever you may think about the merits (or lack of them) of the 650b over 26″ it’s getting harder to see how 26″ is going to win this one. I’d like to be proved wrong, but with so many players jumping on the bandwagon and no big voices in favour of 26″ it may be time to run up the white flag. Unless the downhill guys can save us. If they were to refuse to switch to 650b then I can see 26″ making a comeback. Otherwise it looks to be game over

orangeboy
    Free Member

Spesh are not doing 650 for now and still doing some high end 26
    26 is far from dead

RustySpanner

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IHadByMvXk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

BruceWee

The industry is having a New Coke moment, that’s all.

The American public’s reaction to the change was negative and the new cola was a major marketing failure. The subsequent reintroduction of Coke’s original formula, re-branded as “Coca-Cola Classic”, resulted in a significant gain in sales. This led to speculation that the introduction of the New Coke formula was just a marketing ploy; however the company has always claimed it was merely an attempt to replace the original product.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Mister-P
    Free Member

I thought T-Mo came across pretty well btw!

That’s because from what I have seen she is a genuinely nice person. I have done a bit of work on her bike at events and she is always chatty, polite and grateful for the help.

Was nice to see Matt, formerly of this parish, pop up too.

brakes
    Free Member

just watched this.
    I was slightly incensed that there was no consumer opinion and all opinions came from brands and distributors who want to sell new whole bikes (i.e. not 26″) and riders who are paid to have opinions by those brands/ distributors. Matt Letch’s opinion was the best, and summed it up well >>> there’s nothing particularly wrong with 26″.
    and whilst consumer opinion is varied, as some consumers are more gullible than others 😉 at least it would have given the article some non-commercial balance.

b45her
    Free Member

did the cycling show actually have a feature that wasn’t about commuting and bimbleing to coffee shops on a fixie then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

did the cycling show actually have a feature that wasn’t about commuting and bimbleing to coffee shops on a fixie then?

Yawn. It’s about cycling. All sorts of cycling. They’ve shown the Megavalanche, they’ve shown road racing, they’ve shown trials, they’ve shown bimbling, they’ve shown fixieasshats, they’ve shown unicyclists, they’ve shown etc. etc. etc.

It may not be perfect, but at least they’re doing something to get out there and promote cycling overall, not just your chosen niche.

mt
    Free Member

the wheel size thing was interesting. How many actual manufacturers were represented? Not distributors but actual manufacturers?
    You have to give credit to CRC they are getting their monies worth.

Thought it was an interesting mostly throughout.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I quite enjoyed the ‘Enduro’ segment… made me want to go out riding immediately. The wheel size debate was a bit of a taster and did not mention the potential consumer backlash. For me the most disappointing bit was the buying-a-new-bike section in that it seemed to suggest that all entry level bikes were awesome and good value – so +1 for promoting cycling, but -2 for actually helping someone get a new bike.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Oh, this sounds interesting, has someone created a second wheel size? Tell me all about it please! 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Not entirely sure why they showed highlights of a Nukeproof promotional film though.

Because the cycle show is essentially a CRC production and nukeproof are owned by CRC?

Spot the similarity?

Keef
    Free Member

I like bimbling and coffee.and stuff.
    TomB has more mince about him than a lorry load of mrs Miggins 100% mince pies.(with added mince)

ampthill

Wrecker is that for real or just a great conspiracy?

oops its true

https://www.google.co.uk/#fp=b8ecac860230612e&newwindow=1&q=chain++reaction+cycles+and+the+cycle+show

They had may mate who’s a double world transplant champ on the other day 🙂

the low point of the day was Tracy admitting that she was turning up to events equipped for all 3 wheel sizes.

The mind boggles.

I’m expecting a thread

“I’ve loaded the VW transporter for a trip to Wales with 26, 650b and 29er AM bikes. I’m off to CYB. which wheel size for which trail”

Maybe trails will be graded by wheel size?

“Welcome to TAWR, 650b or larger only please!!!”

ampthill

oops double post

ampthill

oops triple post

wrecker
    Free Member

I suspect they’re a little more than “sponsors”. The fact that it’s filmed in NI/Belfast is also a clue I reckon.

marka.
    Free Member

I thought they were CRC-sponsored last year, but this year it’s Dare2B. And it’s normally filmed in London (at Look Mum No Hands?), but this year they’ve been moving around the country.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the wheel debate being discussed on the Cycle Show?’ is closed to new replies.