Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Have we done The North Water yet?
  • Premier Icon Kryton57

Apologies if so, but I’ve just started watching this on iPlayer. Dark and gruesome and an interesting unlikeable performance from Colin Farrell.

On episode 3, and enjoying it – in a weird way.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looks really good, I loved the terror, this looks a bit dark, poss even more so.

Premier Icon nuke

Only watched the first (Hadnt realised they’d released them all on iplayer) but really enjoyed it…dark and gruesome as said. In addition to Farrell who we’ve always liked, there’s a good few interesting characters

Premier Icon frankconway

The book is much darker than the serialisation.

Premier Icon Kryton57

Er, wow!

Premier Icon longdog
    Free Member

Just started it tonight. Hoping it’s good.

Premier Icon Pieface
    Free Member

Watched episode 1 last night and not really hooked at the moment.

Premier Icon nickc

Yeah, I sort of guessed they’d have to tone it down a bit. Author did write it while his wife died of cancer, you can understand why it’s so dark. Hadn’t realised it was on iplayer, might give it a go.

Premier Icon augustuswindsock

Like pieface, I’ve only watched episode one and not, as yet, gripped, but there’s enough there to keep me going and I’m guessing (hoping) it’s going to suck me in!
    In fact I might watch ep 2 now!

Premier Icon plumber
    Free Member

4th and 5th episodes lost it for me but the 1st 3 are great

Premier Icon desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Stephen Graham, Jack O’Connell AND Colin Farrell! Was expecting better, but looked like it had potential after the first one.

Premier Icon timbog160

Watched 2 so far. Not gripped but enjoying it (though not sure that’s the right word). Hardest bits to watch for me have been the sealing and whaling scenes ☹️. Really liking Farrell’s portrayal. Was intrigued by some of the outdoor footage – Svalbard apparently.

Premier Icon Kryton57

A disappointing end IMO.

Anyway, I’ve moved on to the Terror so thats for the recommendation, on episode 2 and looks good so far.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.