• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have we done The Many Saints of Newark?
  • Premier Icon IHN

Ohmigohmigodmohmigod…

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase be good. The Sopranos was/is, by a country mile, screw it, a light year, The Best Television Series Ever.

Premier Icon frankconway

Thought you were referring to Newark in Nottinghamshire.

Premier Icon Kryton57

Oh gosh, I’m praying this is good.

Premier Icon martinhutch

Premier Icon schrickvr6
    Free Member

Interesting, so it was Dickie Multisomething that coaxed/dragged him into the business.

Premier Icon muggomagic

I’ve really been looking forward to this. Loved the Sopranos and watched it again while I was furloughed. Just hoping it’s more “Better Call Saul” than “Gotham”.

Premier Icon gauss1777
    Free Member

I just watched the trailer and thought ‘geez he looks just like him’. Then I saw it was his son 😂

Premier Icon zilog6128

FFS. Can someone give OP a one-week ban please? Yes, we did it ages ago, and seeing this thread made me think it’d been released already!! 🤣

Premier Icon maccruiskeen

Have we done The Many Saints of Newark?

A gentleman never tells.

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Free Member

Interesting, so it was Dickie Multisomething that coaxed/dragged him into the business.

Moltisanti, which more than just pedantry is important because it roughly translates to ‘Many Saints’ in English, which gives an good indication of what the film is about.

But yeah, Dickie was the one who brought Tony into the Business, most of the flash backs in Sopranos show ‘Johnny Boy’ Soprano trying to keep Tony out of it, but he idolised Dickie.

I can’t wait to see it, I hope it’s good. There’s loads of material in the Sopranos to work from. We know from real history and the trailer that it will be set during the Newark riots, but also from the series we know there was a big Mob war about the same time. Paulie Walnuts saying “I got through the 70s by the skin of my nuts”.

Dickie will be the lead, but we should also see younger versions of Sil, Paulie, Artie, Pussy etc.

Premier Icon schrickvr6
    Free Member

Pedantry aside it was reference to a quote in I believe season 2 where the two punks who ended up working for Chris selling Webistics didn’t know his name and referred to him as Christopher Multisomething, but thanks for schooling me.

Premier Icon DezB

I wonder who could’ve mentioned it… .singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-sopranos-does-it-get-better/page/4/#post-11679714. ?
    But that was pre-trailer, so another thread is welcomed 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.