Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Have we done the Idiot BMW Driver Blocking an Ambulance Yet? We must have….
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

BMW ‘blocks ambulance from getting patient to hospital’ over right of way row

It’s interesting that he went on to put in a complaint against the ambulance service. No winners in this situation.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

‘I have been portrayed as the kind of person who would rather let someone die in an ambulance than move my car and that’s not the case.’

And yet, didn’t move his car…

stumpy01

Wow! I suspect all those involved in the original blockage are prize Belmonts…

mashiehood
    Free Member

whats it got to do with BMW – surely its idiot driver blocking ambulance…

simonjj
    Free Member

Not very clever and as seems to be the case these days you end up filmed for the world to see your stupidity.

Another BMW / Ambulance scenario..
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gk101IiCGGA

mashiehood
    Free Member

by the looks of it the title should read, man with fat belly blocks ambulance

imnotverygood

I once witnessed a similar sort of standoff at the bottom of our street (without the ambulance). Went inside, had a coffee, got changed and then went out on the bike. They were still at it!

moose
    Free Member

‘I’ve have been subjected to mob rule on social media,’ he said.

Notwithstanding the timeless road users battle, you’re pretty much guaranteed to look like a **** if you’re obstructing any of the emergency services because ‘you’ve got right of way’.

jambalaya
    Free Member

So why isn’t it the Tesco delivery van who’s getting all the press ? Because it isn’t a BMW.

moose
    Free Member

Probably, jambalaya. Would have been worse if had been an Audi driver. I hate those pricks.

djglover
    Free Member

Stuff like this gives us BMW drivers a bad press. I will have to resort to buying a VW and poisoning babies.

moose
    Free Member

@djglover, I bet you lot punch kittens and steal candy from babies too?

jam-bo

ambulance came up behind the BMW and he wouldn’t let them past?

how would they have got past the tesco van?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

So why isn’t it the Tesco delivery van who’s getting all the press ? Because it isn’t a BMW.

The car is the smallest vehicle therefore the easiest to get out of the way.

brooess
    Free Member

Can Emergency Services not press charges if a member of the public stops them going about their duty? Police can arrest for obstruction can they not?

Either way, we all know being in a car does funny things to peoples’ heads, there’s kind of nothing new going on here really.

On the other hand, please no-one post links to the Metro ever again, please. My innocent mind has been poisoned!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It was either that or the Daily Heil.

antigee

so what is “right of way”? (other than a public footpath or bridleway) pretty sure if read through highway code will find only “priority” and “give way” no “rights”

and he was being an obvious bellend

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qyuGeiHOgY[/video]

Speshpaul

What a monumental cock.

aracer
    Free Member

Our walk to school takes us past a traffic light junction on a main ambulance route (where we cross the main road). I often see stupidity similar to that – my favourite is when somebody a few cars in front of the ambulance pulls in to let it past and then some idiot between the ambulance and them slowly pulls out to go around them.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

so what is “right of way”? (other than a public footpath or bridleway) pretty sure if read through highway code will find only “priority” and “give way” no “rights”

It is widely thought that you have right of way if there are no obstructions on your side if the road. Generally most people will give way to you if you are already coming through a narrow gap on their side of the road when they get there. There are however a large number of drivers that think that they have right of way against everyone on “their” side of the road. It is of course all a pile of misguided mince.

aracer
    Free Member

I have a funny feeling that Mr Tesco was actually slightly more in the wrong in the initial standoff than Mr BMW, though clearly that doesn’t excuse any behaviour by anybody once the ambulance turns up.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Wtf was this idiot doing filming in portrait?

tomhoward

Hold on. The story reads that BMW man is pootling along, meets a tesco van come the other way, then ambulance and paramedic car pull up behind BMW man. BMW man is pilloried for not moving, yes?

So he has a tesco van in front of him and 2 emergency vehicles behind him, assumedly on a street too narrow for two vehicles to pass. Where is he supposed to go?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Where is he supposed to go?

Back through the bridge to the great big wide part at the other side.

spooky_b329

No, I think the ambulance and paramedic car is behind Mr Tesco, so no point asking Mr Tesco to move as the BMW is still in the way. Also its 3:1 so at that point even if he is in the right he should concede he has lost the battle!

kimbers

Guy was obviously in the wrong, that kind of red faced belligerence + BMI = heart attack waiting to happen, He better hope that an ambulance can get to him swiftly should it ever happen

The metro is part of the Mail’s Axis of Evil I believe, It truly is a terrible excuse of a ‘newspaper’

maccruiskeen

and steal candy from babies too?

Doing them a favour. Sugar is the new asbestos.

zilog6128

The video is a bit shit but I can’t see an ambulance in it at all so either it’s behind the tesco van or it was behind the BMW but it’s reversed and gone a different way.

The car behind the BMW looks like it might have a bright yellow bonnet – if it is the paramedic car could it’ve come from the other direction and not actually have been following the ambulance?

The only certainty is that the “reporting” from the Metro is a load of shit.

binners

Its as if someone deliberately wrote a piss poor piece of performance comedy – maybe at the Edinburgh fringe – to lazily confirm all the stereotypes of the type of person who drives a certain type of German vehicle. I presume they got the shot of his golf clubs in the boot?

And after complaining that he’s been unfairly abused as being a bit of a ****, then going on to dispel any lingering doubts in anyones mind by making a formal complaint against the Ambulance service. Self-awareness, as well as charm, clearly not a quality he’s over burdened with?

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

clearly amateurs.. there isn’t a tight leather jacket over the paunch, nor the line “do you know who I am ?”
    I guess the story would be a lot different had the patient died in the ambulance. I wonder if Mr Waugh would think differently if someone he knew required a slightly delayed ambulance to the rescue?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter what size he is, what car he drives or who is really in the way of who – just get out of the way you massive bellend

How much of a prize **** do you have to be to hold up the emergency services? Probably the same type of **** that brings up a knuckle dragging wazzock that thinks it’s ok to attack paramedics or firefighters when they’re out on a job

Obviously he’s only concerned and apologetic now the videos out there showing him up to be a knob

gwaelod
    Free Member

Wtf was this idiot doing filming in portrait?

yeah totally agree – you see a lot of this on news footage – what is wrong with these people?? – I can only assume that they have they mounted their tellys on the wall portrait style too.

DrJ

Where is he supposed to go?

Umm. He’s supposed to do exactly what the ambulance driver asks him to. Straight away. When the patient is safe he can piss and moan about who had right of way.

ampthill

Sorry from the Daily Mail

As the two drivers argued over the situation, a paramedic car and an ambulance arrived at the scene but were forced to stop behind the white BMW which was blocking the entrance to the tunnel.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3283037/The-shocking-moment-BMW-driver-blocks-ambulance-getting-patient-hospital-stand-right-way-Tesco-delivery-van.html#ixzz3pfTaB7NW
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the Idiot BMW Driver Blocking an Ambulance Yet? We must have….’ is closed to new replies.