Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Have we done the head teacher bunking off school for bike holiday yet?
  • hugo
    Free Member

58 year old primary head?

55-65k,most likely.

Probably a lot less very shortly.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

does anyone have a non-DM link?

jambalaya
    Free Member

JY where in my post did I say it was a fact? I was seculating on the reasons the head seems not to give a ****. The key point is the relationship between is salary, pension and age, seems to me whatever the outcome it won’t be so serious for him. How can it be, even if he takes 2 weeks unathorised leave what can they do. Btw forging a sick note before he goes away is a bigger issue as that’s fraud rather than a break of employment T&C’s

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

JY where in my post did I say it was a fact?

Interesting defence/approach. Are you saying you posted a deliberate lie then ? May I ask why ?

£100-120k pa plus as a head and 50% final salary pension

Really Jamby I am just shaking my head in disbelief at this approach. You said something and it was not accurate just accept this and move on as its very strange to say /claim you posted a statement you were not saying/claiming it was true.

Drac

Do the other teachers have to stare out of the window while he catches up?

STATO
    Free Member

Really Jamby I am just shaking my head in disbelief at this approach. You said something and it was not accurate just accept this and move on as its very strange to say /claim you posted a statement you were not saying/claiming it was true.

In the context of his whole post, it was just some numbers* (*which have since been said to only apply to 4%, so not wrong just biased) to support the point. You seem to be taking personal offence? Certainly you need to stop taking talk on the internet quite as seriously and perfect as you seem to think it needs to be…

The point is its entirely possible the guy did consider the consequences and decided to take the holiday anyway. Just as possible as suffering a near breakdown and needing a holiday.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not taking personal offence I just think if you type something it should be accurate and its bizarre to claim you are not claiming what you you type is true.

You are free to think we can all just type stuff we are not claiming is true whilst making up figures but i am not sure in what sense we would be debating internet or otherwise.

Take this place serious no one is that daft but its still pointless if we dont fact check or own and other statements

aracer
    Free Member

You always take offence, every single time anybody writes something on here you disagree with.

aracer
    Free Member

I note that I’m not claiming there are any facts in my previous post.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do and I am sorry

Junkyard
    Free Member

THIS

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I think he should lead by example.

Happy days for parents of kids in that school, cheaper holidays all round I say.

They can laugh in his face when he says their kids can’t be taken out of school a few days earlier than school hols allow, to save a grand….

jambalaya
    Free Member

”Twas an example of reasons why he may have done it

nealglover
    Free Member

I would like to point out, he didn’t miss two weeks of school as everyone seems to be saying.

He missed a week.

Important to gets facts correct as JY pointed out 😉

Even while eagerly rubbing linseed oil into the handle of your pitchfork.

cloudnine
    Free Member

would like to point out, he didn’t miss two weeks of school as everyone seems to be saying.

He missed a week.

Important to gets facts correct as JY pointed out

Even while eagerly rubbing linseed oil into the handle of your pitchfork.

My fault for putting it on the first line. It did come from the daily wail so no point in the facts getting in the way of a good headline..

nealglover
    Free Member

Even the Daily Mail got it right though 🙂

(Edit) in the actual article.

Kunstler

In June my doctor signed me off work and told me to ride my bike as much as possible.

I have had issues with managers over annual leave dates that I have put in the diary that were looking like they wouldn’t be honoured and have felt at times that I would have to take sick time and go anyway because otherwise a meltdown would occur and that fallout would have been worse.

I’m not a head teacher.

Spin
    Free Member

The heads job at my school (Scottish secondary with c1100 pupils) was advertised a few years back at a salary of £74,000.

onehundredthidiot

But it wasn’t two weeks term was it.

Read the quote.

Two week holiday, last week of term. Id even hazard a guess it wasn’t a full week.

Not that its right but not guilty of the degree of crime the head is being accused of.

j4mie
    Free Member

So, surely he can self certify if it was only the one week?

Case closed?

Fair play to him anyway.

wwaswas

Not read the whole thread but he was doing the ride for charidee so I wonder if he ended up getting a load of sponsorship/paying a huge wadge to do the ride and then applied for leave assuming he’d get it.

When he was turned down he didn’t want to let everyone down so went anyway?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I say good on him, if he supports the action not to fine parents for taking their kids away in term time then why not.
    I dare say (no facts) that during half term and such he’s working on behalf of the school in one form or another.

My Sis is a Head, earns a decent whack but for that most of her half terms are taken up in preparation or other work related actions. Fair play in the summer term she buggers off somewhere, so too Xmas but the other holidays are taken up either teaching underprivileged kids or next term prep.

However I counter all his actions with a silly mistake by sending in a sick note covering him when the facts everyone knew beforehand.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I did exactly the same, asked for time off to go somewhere, nobody available to cover, said I had an exam, boss found out and I got sacked.
    I was 18.
    Working as a Saturday boy in a petrol station.
    Learnt the hard way with little or no consequences.
    As a grown man? Nope, if its genuine then it doesnt set a good example to the rest of the school.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the head teacher bunking off school for bike holiday yet?’ is closed to new replies.