Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Have we done Team Sky 'No Doping' declaration yet?
  • MSP

I am not an employment lawyer but I would be very surprised if such a clause could be enforced (with regard to conduct prior to employment)

I think its a fairly easy clause to enforce, most employment contracts have such entries relating to misleading information upon which employment is based.

It may be more difficult to implement due to a change of policy on existing employees.

atlaz
    Free Member

If I recall though, weren’t they employing most people as contractors not permanent staff so it’s not inconceivable that they have annual break clauses in there. Given it’s the end of the season, it may be just choosing not to continue the relationship and given the noises about those people leaving being paid off, it may be they’ve agreed to compensate them for the rest of the contract.

jfletch
    Free Member

As an aside, don’t suppose you have any links to articles linking Andy Schleck to Operation Puerto seeing as you brought it up elsewhere?

Andy wasn’t directly linked to Puerto. It was his brother.

Given Andy won’t even leave his brothers side to go and win a GT stage it’s a fair assumption to make that if Frank was having blood drawn by Fuentes* then so was Andy.

Their nickname isn’t Frandy for nothing.

*Obvoiusly this is all moot as Frank just paid 10k for “training advice”. OK? Got that? Training adivice, nothing to see here, move along please.

atlaz
    Free Member

jfletch – crazylegs said somewhere else that Andy had actually been caught as part of the Fuentes thing. The difference between being caught and having his closest friend/brother caught is a big one. Was just wondering if he had any proper info.

mefty
    Free Member

My point about enforceability was the concept of a damages claim, it could well be cause for dismissal, but that is different.

mt
    Free Member

I like the Sky approach, it’s tough on themselves but someone has to start the ball rolling on the no dopers front. Am not against Garmin now riding as a clean team but given that they are guilty they can never call for a fully clean team, they are fighting for their jobs in cycling as well as a clean sport (hopefully). Lets hope that other teams go along with SKY’s policy or at worst Garmins. If your results are going to be called into question because you have unrepentant ex dopers involved in the team at any level, it’s best to ride and manage clean.

jfletch
    Free Member

Was just wondering if he had any proper info.

He won’t because it never happend. He was probably just mixing up Andy and Frank.

Klunk
    Free Member

It’s there for all to read in his book. No need for name dropping.

never read his book and never met the man, I was only guessing that he may want to go to sky but that wasn’t really the point I was making.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Can’t be arsed to read the whole thread, so has anyone yet managed to draw a link betweens Cav’s exit and the policy yet?

……..& going back to page one which is where my eyes started to glaze over

those responsible for setting up Team GB (and subsequently Sky) in its present incarnation, said the whole reason they concentrated on the track, and left the road cycling well alone, was that they knew, full-well that all the major teams were systemically doping

Wherever that came from is utter arse. The reason that Team GB concentrated on track is that their funding is medal haul related. count up medals avaialble in all the Olympic, World and Commonwealth cycling disciplines, and then see if you can figure out why track gets No.1 priority

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Am not against Garmin now riding as a clean team but given that they are guilty they can never call for a fully clean team

except Garmin introduced their own anti-doping measures, such as the no-needle policy before the UCI took it up, as opposed to Sky who decided having their own was inefficient (this is a team that has the money and attention to detail to go to the lengths of giving each rider toothpaste with a blue line in it) and were happy to delegate all testing responsibility to UCI, WADA etc.

Their declaration was introduced after the Armstrong story broke and was very much a reaction to it. Garmin’s approach has more integrity than Sky’s, who have lurched from one PR disaster to another (Dowsetts and Cav’s long-negotiated moves coinciding with the purge, Brailsford making a statement saying they would “work with” declared dopers appearing to be a softening of their policy once they’d realised how much impact it would have, letting Sean Yates leave during the purge ‘unimplicated’…).

jfletch
    Free Member

never read his book and never met the man, I was only guessing that he may want to go to sky but that wasn’t really the point I was making.

Ehh? Are you the one on the drugs?

He never mentioned that during the long conversations we had about his plans for the future

What is the point you are making as it may be too subtle for the internet!

hora
    Free Member

Wherever that came from is utter arse.

The Sunday Times last Sunday in an interview/article on Sky and recent events.

mt
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey

I am not disagreeing with your comments regarding the way Garmin work as a team and I’ll not disagree with your comments regarding Sky. Given that they are supposed to be one of the most organised teams out there they can miss what seems like the absolutely bleedin obvious (employing Cav for one).
    Just because in some peoples mind Sky have not handled the situation (publicity/employees/organisation(don’t look good that)) well does not mean they cannot have a clean team, they can do this after the clear out.
    Garmin can never be in that situation because the team has ex dopers at every level. I’m not against them in anyway, the more they prove how they succeed now the better. However we need teams to have a full clear out of a lot of the cheats, either in the Sky mold or Garmin.
    Vaughters arguments for looking at the future a right in some ways but like Millar, will always be compromised by his paste. Look at all the Millar moaners on here, he will always get the questions about his past even if he grows a pair of white wings on his back and has a permanent nimbus.

ratherbeintobago

Vaughters arguments for looking at the future a right in some ways but like Millar, will always be compromised by his paste

Really?

(raises eyebrows)

atlaz
    Free Member

Well of course. One can always tell the different between paste and real diamonds and no professional cyclist worth their salt would consider riding for a team manager with less than a proper tiara.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Have we done Team Sky 'No Doping' declaration yet?’ is closed to new replies.