Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Have we done inter-racial adoption yet?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Yes we have already established that I didnt have the benefit of a classical education. Cheers.

Well, lay off the pedantic put-downs, in that case.

?? he can’t be pedantic or put anyone down because he doesn’t have a classical education?
    Really?

kimbers

?? he can’t be pedantic or put anyone down because he doesn’t have a classical education?
    Really?

no….. when using pedantic put downs himself he should make sure the post is free of similar errors

thats pretty basic forum common sense

loum
    Free Member

He can try, but appears to lack the skills. 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

thats pretty basic forum common sense

Wow thanks kimbers! You’re really smart aren’t you? Wow. Well done, be pleased. Amazing.

kimbers

Wow thanks kimbers! You’re really smart aren’t you? Wow. Well done, be pleased. Amazing.

im glad my genius has finally been given the recognition it deserves

julianwilson
    Free Member

Wow, mega catty thread!

I don’t suppose any of you beeyatches tucked your balls in and listened to the article all about this on ‘Woman’s Hour’ (Radio 4) last week? Some good points on there, and a 2 ‘wrong colour’ adopted and grown-up children.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

How did that get past The Guardian’s editor – jumbled, poorly written, inconsistent, and ultimately racist (“colour blindness is a disability”)?

One pertinent point – there may be/are too few black parents looking to adopt – but only valid if one believes that black kids are better off with black parents. Turn that argument on its head and what are you left with…..?

Bizarre article indeed.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

Yes we have already established that I didnt have the benefit of a classical education. Cheers.

Well, lay off the pedantic put-downs, in that case.

Really?

He can, but when the OP attempts to slam-dunk another poster for a stray apostrophe, then deploys an obscure latinate word with all the finesse of Delboy saying “mangetout, mangetout”, he can expect his own posts to be examined with all the pedantic rigour he has introduced to the thread.

As for adoption, surely anything that smooths the course of it and reduces the amount of red tape involved must be a good thing. I can’t have been the only person to have looked into it and been put off the idea by what seems like an interminable, intrusive vetting process for prospective parents, which exposes children waiting to be adopted to extra years of instability and uncertainty in the care system.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kimbers, is the apostrophe button on your keyboard broken? 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

im glad my genius has finally been given the recognition it deserves

Yeah. You must have a classical education for sure.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pedantic correction of grammatical errors is tiresome on an internet forum and not really recommended if one cannot spell genuinely correctly (OP) 😉

If racism was taken seriously and in an unbiased (ie, two way) manner this article would have created a “racist storm.” Funny that!?!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Some good points raised, but sadly, what could have been an interesting debate has once again turned into a point scoring exercise. 🙄

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Have we done inter-racial adoption yet?’ is closed to new replies.