• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Have we done Ducati MIG-RR
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Would sir like an e-bike to go with sir’s Panigale?

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/mig-rr

€6250

timbog160

Isn’t it just a paint job? Seems a bit of an odd thing to me.

z1ppy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mboy
    Free Member

Would sir like an e-bike to go with sir’s Panigale?

I read a statistic a couple of days ago, saying that although in 2018 the motorbike trade took a slight downturn worldwide compared to 2017, that Ducati were the only manufacturer bucking that trend! But not only that, though the “Superbike” category is not what it once was in terms of sales, some 40,000 “Superbikes” were sold worldwide last year, more than 1/4 of those were Ducati Panigales! And of those panigales, more than 60% of those were the new V4 model!

So you may joke, asking would sir like an eBike to go with his Panigale… But if they can afford £24k on a new motorbike, £6k on a new electric motorbike to go with it is probably chump change!

New Ducati Dealership opening up in spring about a mile from my home… Can see me applying for a job if the cycle trade doesn’t pick up significantly soon!

Isn’t it just a paint job?

Paint job and a few key component changes I think, notably 29er front wheel, Fox suspension, Raceface post being the notable ones…

Poopscoop

Hmmm…. like the look of that.

BB seems a little high or is that me?

nickc

I think e-bikes are generally pretty ugly things, but that’s a whole ‘nother level of grim. Looks like a pregnant pony

mboy
    Free Member

BB seems a little high or is that me?

Someone on my riding group page made the same comment the other day. I think eBikes in general are coming with slightly taller BB’s, as due to their nature, they’re kind’ve expected to spend more time with the pedals being turned I think. Also it’s not a short travel bike, BB height quoted at 350mm which isn’t mega tall for a 160mm bike, but it’s not as low as many that we are getting used to these days (my Evil Wreckoning was 340mm with 160mm of travel, current Whyte S-150 is 341mm with 150mm travel)… You’ve also got the “+ sized tyre squish” to counter for too, as they deform more than a “normal” tyre would which effectively lowers the BB a bit more when you’re riding it.

Poopscoop

^^ Ah right, what you said makes sense mate.

Kuco

That is **** ugly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Have we done Ducati MIG-RR’ is closed to new replies.