Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Have we done Britain First yet?
  • D0NK

They look a nice friendly bunch.

Oh it’s alright, they’re actually a happy clappy group of christian evangelists handing out bibles and offering to pray for everyone.

Interesting to see whether they have broken any laws, trying to convert people to your little gang is obviously legit, going into another religion’s place of worship and doing it could possibly be perceived as incitement…no? Article mentions they specifically handed out army bibles sounds inflammatory, wonder if that was intended.

Junkyard
    Free Member

of course they wanted to be provocative
    Imagine if some muslims turned up in military regalia handing out Korans at Easter….would they be chilled about it

TBH I feel sorry for folk like that who hold on to some sort of idyllic notion of Britain that never existed and sure as hell wont happen in a multicultural UK

They cannot move with the times so they have a lifetime of unhappiness ahead of them.

bigblackshed

PJM1974 – Member
    Absolutely disgusting.

The target audience is clearly poorly educated working class whites who believe the rantings of the Daily Heil. I sincerely hope that whoever it is behind the propaganda is forced somehow to confront their own prejudice and ignorance.

Don’t be so hard on the Daily Heil. They speak to middle class, well educated whites too. And racists. And the haters of everything that doesn’t fit with “their” idea of what “we” should be.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Britain First are the scrotes who keep using the Lee Rigby tragedy to further their ****ed up agenda, something his family are not happy about.

Bizarrely I was just wondering about that and whether the family gave their consent.

D0NK

of course they wanted to be provocative

oh aye, to be sure, I was wondering how far they could get with “we were just being nice little evangelists as our religion* says we should” and whether the army issue bible were intentional or if BF members are all ex-squaddies and so already have a ready supply of army bibles rather than needing to raid the local travel-lodge for gideon copies.

*I’m sure many Britain First members are fervently pious christian types

ryderredman
    Free Member

Wow this seems rather extreme… ‘foreign scroungers’ purely unbiased opinions within this video.

jon1973
    Free Member

Britain First are the scrotes who keep using the Lee Rigby tragedy to further their ****ed up agenda, something his family are not happy about.

The BNP keep doing this as well. The lowest of the low. They mentioned him in their party political broadcast yesterday.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

TBH I feel sorry for folk like that who hold on to some sort of idyllic notion of Britain that never existed and sure as hell wont happen in a multicultural UK

According to their FB page Sikhs, Hindus and those that fought alongside the allies in WW2 (such as the Poles) are fine.

I guess they bypass the fact there was an Indian SS regiment (seriously – Google it) and that modern-day Islamic nations Pakistan and Bangladesh were part of the Indian army.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz, that sort of logic is not welcome in the extreme end of politics. Th whole idea of branding a group of people by a notional label like religion or country is a mad one.

I assume they also like a good curry and pizza on their crusade.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

What are they going to do come the revolution referendum if Scoltand goes indie!
    It’s fairly easy to see through their arguments is it not?

As an aside my mother will tell stories of similar horsehit being talked about Catholics and how they were seen as a big threat about 50-60 years ago and look what happend there. One of them can even be PM now – if they can be arsed.

Northwind

surroundedbyhills – Member

One of them can even be PM now

To be fair, that didn’t go very well, maybe they had a point.

konabunny
    Free Member

“going into another religion’s place of worship and doing it could possibly be perceived as incitement”

Incitement to what?

D0NK

Incitement to what?

public disorder? religious/racial hatred? I’m sure most would agree it’s provocative action, but I’ve no idea what the legal requirement is for “incitement” and how much “disorder” has to happen before it’s an offence, hence my question/musing.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Incitement to what?

Would you like to argue they were there to spread peace and tolerance 😉

Its clearly legal and clearly done to be provocative. I bet they were filming hoping someone kicked off
    I suspect they would be unimpressed if some beardy gents turned up to one of their events and handed out leaflets about the infidel…if only I could grow a beard.

It is one of those everyone has the right to act like a dick but it rarely helps

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I assume they also like a good curry and pizza on their crusade.

😆

A few of the ‘street protection squad’ in the vid look like they might be partial…

edlong
    Free Member

I think the answer is to unite the Christians, Muslims, far right, lefties, gays, the disabled and Lancastrians against our one true common enemy, the ones that everyone hates.

Gypsies.

chewkw
    Free Member

squirrelking – Member
    And “muslamic”? Seriously?

convert – Member
    If you google “muslamic” this is the top link:-
    EDL Vid
    Kind of says all you need to know about the debating skills (or simple ability to write a coherent sentence) of those that use the phrase

Muslim + Islam = Muslamic. They should have trade marked it …

Who could have invented that? You (all) certainly did not but someone else has. I don’t think the term was invented by the bloke in the EDL vid but rather some American girls to be honest. I remember hearing both saying the term on tv which was very funny to be frank. So I use the term as if my hero Peter Griffin would.

Most of you who criticise others for having a “lower” intellectual capacity by comparison to your own are a bit like the character of Brian Griffin. Yes, watch Family Guy as it is very funny.

🙄

colournoise

Not sure whether their FB page is laughable or terrifying. Probably both.

My favourite bit so far is this image that surely sums up for all of us what it means to be British whiel demonstrating their great grasp of history.

Northwind

Wait, Eddie is in Britain First? That’s a bit of a change of direction after treading on Thatcher’s corpse.

UVF connection?

chewkw
    Free Member

Oh ya the “Ray Gun” thing, well it’s his way of expressing the process of being brainwashed I guess. i.e. EDL vid.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

That Eddie thing is just f**king weird, not to mention an interesting use of the word ‘crusader’.

I wonder if Iron Maiden’s lawyers have seen it…

chewkw
    Free Member

That Eddie thing is just stoopid as I doubt Iron Maiden would like to be associated with some tools.

konabunny
    Free Member

public disorder? religious/racial hatred?

If being invited to consider alternative religious beliefs is something the police should investigate, there’s some Big Hitters that should probably delete their posts from the weekly religion threads. If you can’t cope with that and react with disorder, then that’s on you, not them.

Of course they were being provocative arseholes. that’s not a reason to go around locking people up. Getting wound up by arseholes without having them thrown in jail is part of the price of living in a tolerant society.

grum
    Free Member

Wonder if STW towers know that one of the guys from Kirkby Lonsdale brewery (who make the Singletrack ale) is posting stuff from Britain First on Facebook. I know one of the others has previously voted BNP too.

It’s a free country of course, but given STW’s stance on the Daily Mail…

D0NK

incite verb (incited, inciting) (especially incite someone to something) to stir up or provoke to action, etc. incitement or incitation noun. inciter noun. incitingly adverb.
    Chambers definition, so “incite” and “provoke” are in the same general area, what the legal difference is between the two I have no idea, which is why I have liberally used “may” and “possibly” and other wishy washy words in my posts leaving me lots of wiggle room 🙂

I’m cool with having a tolerant society and while “you do not have the right to not be offended” I’m sure many would agree there are certain things you can say in certain situations which are so inflammatory as to be out of order. Someone may try defending inciting religious/racial hatred using the freedom of speech/tolerant society or sticks and stones arguments, but it is still illegal.
    Bit of a grey area?

konabunny
    Free Member

I’m sure many would agree there are certain things you can say in certain situations which are so inflammatory as to be out of order.

Should the criminal law be used against arseholes because they are “out of order”?

mogrim

Should the criminal law be used against arseholes because they are “out of order”?

Depends, really – if you walk into a mosque and start insulting the prophet, knowing it’s likely to lead to a fight… Shouldn’t the police stop you?

binners

They could suggest an alternative approach. Perhaps explain it to them more light-heartedly through a series of cartoons?

konabunny
    Free Member

if you walk into a mosque and start insulting the prophet, knowing it’s likely to lead to a fight… Shouldn’t the police stop you?

Why?

footflaps

Why?

Because you’re only doing it to be deliberately provocative / offensive…

D0NK

Once again for the benefit of the tape.
    I. Don’t. Know.
    Maybe, this is a discussion right?

mogrim

Why?

Because provoking people with the intention of starting a fight is something I generally feel ought to be stopped, if only due to the cost to the NHS?

It’s a fine line, though – where does causing offense stop and incitement start?

konabunny
    Free Member

You’re suggesting that these Britain First people should be prosecuted because their actions are (while otherwise legal) so provocative that it’s an incitement to people to assault them? Who are you protecting in that situation?

If you’re stupid enough to punch people who are goading you into punching them, then you get the punishment that’s coming. And if you’re stupid enough to go around goading people into punching you, then you get punched. It sounds like a self-solving problem.

mogrim

You’re suggesting that these Britain First people should be prosecuted because their actions are (while otherwise legal) so provocative that it’s an incitement to people to assault them?

Pretty much, yes. Or are you suggesting they really walked into a mosque, full of Christian love, with the intention of peacefully converting the worshippers to their faith? If they were Jehovah’s Witnesses or Mormons I’d believe it, and support their right to stand at the door trying – but that isn’t the case here.

Who are you protecting in that situation?

Society, basically. Violence costs money, policing and healthcare.

konabunny
    Free Member

Surely the way to avoid violence in that situation is to not punch people who are trying to wind you up by saying things that you disagree with, not to go around arresting people who say things you disagree with?

I’m not sure I agree with your characterisation of the Muslims in that scenario as intemperate knuckleheads who will immediately respond with violence to people who talk rubbish to them.

are you suggesting they really walked into a mosque, full of Christian love, with the intention of peacefully converting the worshippers to their faith?

Of course they were being provocative arseholes. that’s not a reason to go around locking people up. Getting wound up by arseholes without having them thrown in jail is part of the price of living in a tolerant society.

mogrim

I’m not sure I agree with your characterisation of the Muslims in that scenario as intemperate knuckleheads who will immediately respond with violence to people who talk rubbish to them.

I’m not quite sure where you got that idea from, I certainly haven’t characterised anyone as an “intemperate knucklehead”. Most people, though, will have limits – and that goes for Muslims, Christians, Atheists, whatever. And goading someone over that limit to start a fight is not something I can agree with.

Surely the way to avoid violence in that situation is to not punch people who are trying to wind you up by saying things that you disagree with, not to go around arresting people who say things you disagree with?

I’m not talking about peaceful debate here, I’m talking about some idiot getting in your face and insulting you, and stopping you from doing your peaceful, lawful activity. No, fighting is not the right response – but are you really suggesting the police shouldn’t move that idiot on?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Public Order Act 1986

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—

(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,

thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.

It is recognised in law that everyone has the right to live free from harassment and distress. And quite right too.

Stoner
    Free Member

Although, ernie, isnt there a move to bring that act back a bit because the bit about “insulting words” strays too much into censorship/curtailment of freedom of speech. Many comedians for example campaign for that bit to be taken out.

D0NK

Interesting to see whether they have broken any laws, trying to convert people to your little gang is obviously legit, going into another religion’s place of worship and doing it could possibly be perceived as incitement…no?

was what I originally said konabunny, note “possibly”, “perceived” and the question mark. If these were earnest evangelists out trying to convert people to their religion I wouldn’t GAS, 1 group of fantasists trying to convert other fantasists to their flavour of fantasy really doesn’t bother me.
    Britain First chaps walking into a mosque and handing out army issue bibles and suggesting christianity is the one true way is IMO BS, I am pretty sure they are there for a bit of aggro* rather than swelling the CoE flock. That could be me being overly cynical, reading too much into it and doing BF a disservice but I’m fairly confident I’m not the only one who holds this opinion.

Surely the way to avoid violence in that situation is to not punch people who are trying to wind you up by saying things that you disagree with

yes, not punching people is always a good answer, but unfortunately a lot of religious types can get a bit tetchy when you dis their deep seated beliefs and equally unfortunately religious beliefs appear to get some special dispensations in law in certain situations (something I normally disagree with btw)

*quite possibly some sort of low level aggro that they can use for their own political ends rather than an actual punch up

joolsburger
    Free Member

Is not liking a religion the same as racism now? I’m an atheist and the rise of Islam worries me massively as would the rise of any religion, just so happens Islam is the only one that seems to be growing.

If I say this out loud I seem to be perceived as racist but Islam isn’t a race and I’m not racist I just want to live in a very secular country.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Have we done Britain First yet?’ is closed to new replies.