• This topic has 22 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Have we covered this mahoosive waterslide yet?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

http://www.fearnet.com/news/news-article/worlds-tallest-water-slide-stuff-nightmares-are-made

Verruckt is in fact the German word for insane.

Looks awesome, I want to have a go.

boxfish
    Free Member

Me too.

scotroutes

No thanks

JoeG
    Free Member

What tires for a waterslide? 😉

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

Is it a proper water-slide if you sit in a raft with 4 other people? That’s just a waterborne roller coaster. I’d allow a bit of thin foam to avoid /reduce skin-friction.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I went down a severe (in my mind) in Holland a few years ago. Wassanarr?

I found out why the other slides had queues and this one didn’t.

4the floor up, judging by the stairs up to it, straight down at what felt like 60 degrees until ground level where it levelled out and turned through 270 degrees and bring you back towards the building.

The water in my face spraying off my feet hurt! and I won’t say where my shorts ended up!

That was bad enough. The one in Germany looks even more crazy.

It looks tame in the photo too!

toys19
    Free Member

needs some kind of safety rail methinks..

griptool
    Free Member

Looks like it’s missing a small hump half way down,,, so you can get some sweet air

It would bring the slide alive 😉

Marmoset
    Free Member

Not sure I’d want to go down that myself.

Some toilet facilities at the top and a laundry at the bottom might make a bit of additional money for the operators…

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Do they employ a system for removing your swimmers from your jacksie afterwards?

I_Ache
    Free Member

When on a lads holiday in Corfu we went to a waterpark for the day. We were at the top of a slide that was almost vertical, it had a very slight slope on it and then a bend so you were going along the floor.

You are supposed to just let go at the top and tip over the edge to a terrifying plumet do the g out at the bottom. On my second go I decided to impress the ‘ladies’ and pushed off as hard as I could. This led to me shooting off the edge and freefalling until nearly the bottom where I hit the slide again and immediately the bend. I was crapping myself.

This is the slide.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’d do it.

And hopefully before anyone else posts this:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMydURBWB0k[/video]

BoardinBob

I went on a massive vertical drop one in Italy. Stand in a little capsule, then the floor dropped away and you dropped straight down before it started to curve out to horizontal. Actually quite a bizarre sensation and it didn’t feel like you were dropping. Just getting battered off the sides on the way down.

This one

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Ride now closed until further notice due to the tragic accident at the weekend due to “unforeseen” circumstances!! seriously what`s going to stop a 4 man raft becoming a 4 man hang glider!!

DezB
    Free Member

This one was high enough for me. (South Wales)

midlifecrashes

I want a go. Done all the Orlando slides and loved every minute. Blizzard Beach’s Summit Plummet is just mental, but is over too quick. There aren’t many big drops on rafts around though.

teadrinker
    Free Member

What tires for a waterslide?

I think the real question here is 27.5 or 29er? Please don’t mention 26 inches, this one is clearly not for the kids 😉

Davesport

I’ve been on the ride in Siam Park like this. It was FUN ! I guess no more than 35 metres though.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Went on one in Portugal that was enclosed and totally black, you didn’t have a clue where you were going, so couldn’t brace yourself for an upcoming bend/drop/twist. Bizarre experience, but one of the best I’ve been on.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I went to one in South of France called Aquatica. Spent a wonderful afternoon sitting at the bottom of the big slide, drinking beer and watching beautiful French girls trying to recover their bikinis from their most intimate recesses.

carlosg
    Free Member

Been on the Corfu slides they aren’t too bad, the ones at the water park in Ibiza are much worse.We took my half brothers on holiday when they were 11 +12 (we were late 20’s) and nearly lost the younger one over the steep slides side how he managed to stay on it I don’t know. Since then I’ve stuck to the curly and/or fully enclosed slides.
    Not a chance of getting me on the one in the OP.

Macgyver

DezB – that’s Oakwood isn’t it? where you are dressed in your regular clothes but skip across the water on a foam tea tray. Just like a skipping stone!

DezB
    Free Member

DezB – that’s Oakwood isn’t it?

I think so (just checked, yep) – great fun! The rollercoaster (Speed?) was the first I’ve ever been on since being scared of them as a kid.. it was awesome. Although I screamed “I’m gonna die!” all the way round 😀

No wonder I was scared:

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Have we covered this mahoosive waterslide yet?’ is closed to new replies.