Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Have I killed my rear shock?
  • somouk
    Free Member

Out for a blast on the lovely frozen trails today and carried a little bit too much speed into a jump. Ended up landing too heavily on the rear and heard a bang from the back end.

I stopped to take a look and couldn’t see anything out of place, it was only when I got back on the road that I noticed my Fox Brain Fade rear shock is sagging into the travel a lot and not locking out like it should.

Is it dead or has it simply burped some air out the seals and needs more pressure putting back in to deal with my fat ass?

PJM1974
    Free Member

You could try pressurising it to near the max recommended amount and seeing if it sorts itself out, but TBH if a seal burps once it’s going to do it again.

It could be that the cold weather has turned the seals brittle.

RustyMac

Check the pressures in the shock and see if they tally with what they should be.

Let all air out of the shock and set it up again from scratch, if it has burped air this should sort it, possibly only temporarily though.

If it is still not right you have possibly damaged a seal and the shock will require a service and possibly sent off to one of the pros – Mojo, TFtuned, Loco, J-Tech for repair.

somouk
    Free Member

Okay, I’ll get myself a shock pump and see what happens. I’ve spoken to TFTuned and they won’t touch it. They say Mojo are the only people that will service it 🙁

Trimix
    Free Member

Get a shock anyway – you cant adjust the pressure without one.

Is can be that you burped some air out, happend to me once.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Have I killed my rear shock?’ is closed to new replies.