• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Have I broken my heel?
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

In true singletrack asking for medical advice from none medical experts….

Yesterday afternoon I was bouldering at The Roaches, fell and missed my pads. I landed upright, with my left foot hitting a rock. After initially thinking that death was a forgone conclusion, I limped out thinking that it was probably just bruised.

Fast forward to today, not too much bruising nor swelling, but sweet lord it’s painful. Attempting to put even a tiny bit of body weight on it is very very unpleasant. So, likely a fracture or a bruise?

Flaperon

My dad broke his heel a few years ago. He spent a long time in plaster and the opportunity to operate on the foot is very time limited, and it’s a major operation as well.

Can’t remember much more but the heel is a really shit bone to break. 😕

Twodogs

So, likely a fracture or a bruise?

yep

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scruff9252

Sounds like you may wish to get it checked out – I’d hobble along to the walking wounded dept of my local hospital if I were you…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Sounds like Cat Aids.

The bad kind.

Tom-B
    Free Member

🤣

I think that I’m going to go to a and e. Feel like a right **** for doing so mind, but something doesn’t feel right with it at all!

TomB

I work in a&e. A heel fracture is a very important diagnosis not to miss, as the calcaneus/heel bone heals poorly and surgical options need consideration early. Get yourself an X-ray- don’t worry about it!

Tom-B
    Free Member

From one Tom B to another 👍

….20 minutes in to a projected 2 hour wait in a and e!

Tom-B
    Free Member

I haven’t broken my heel.

Bruised heels are really **** painful!

Our NHS really is amazing 👍

fossy

Good stuff.

fossy

Good timing too. Can’t fault the NHS. Sorted my broken spine.

shermer75
    Free Member

Congrats! Very lucky to have avoided a broken heel there

Haze

Bruised heel, used to get this a lot in my skateboarding days…couple of days to get over it (I was a lot younger then), then go out and do it again…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Have I broken my heel?’ is closed to new replies.