Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Have I been tricked?
  • funkmasterp

Leeds doesn’t even exist. I know, I’ve been there when I was hacked

Drac

Says it all.

sockpuppet

Ro5ey

So a cold and a sore throat ?

Thanks for making it so plain as to the context I should give any other comments you make.

Drac

So a cold and a sore throat ?

Flu can kill kids the fact he was on O2 suggests it wasn’t a cold.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

About the second week of October I logged out of Facebook and haven’t looked at it since. Feel much better for it as well.

Ignore the source of fake news.

Read multiple professional news sources and work out your own truth.

slowoldman

That’s not all Drac

Drac

Read multiple professional news sources and work out your own truth.

Which ones? The ones accusing the labour supporter of punching a conservative aide?

Yup slowoldman it’s numerous.

submarined
    Free Member

Yeah, that nurse whose account was hacked? Not actually a nurse.
    Also now mysteriously has a deleted social media account. Son didn’t. But son appears to be friends with Matt Hancock.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Rebecca47653788/status/1204333607109705733?s=20

Also, glad potentially fatal childhood diseases are just actually a cold and a sore throat. That’s someone else to add to the list.

matt_outandabout

Leeds?

It’s just a Northern Myth from those plebs who won’t work for nothing on a zero hours contract so my banking pals can add another zero to the bank account.

jimdubleyou

Also, glad potentially fatal childhood diseases are just actually a cold and a sore throat.

It’s ok, we’ll soon be back to the “good old days”*

This story is both unbelievable and sadly believable.

* child mortality rates of 15-20%

soobalias
    Free Member

so is the moral of the story, if you are gonna buy a bot network, you should pay for the one that doesnt become obvious so quickly.

seadog101

Tonsillitis almost killed me as a kid.

I had tonsillitis as an adult, I felt so bad I wanted to die.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

My sentence was a question, hence the the question mark ….. ??????

Thanks to those who answered it.

Goes to prove that even though the quote came from the original source people put their own spin/fake news/option onto the following question.

Here’s another, why did the GP not diagnose Flu/tonsillitis ?

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s diabolical on many levels but if we after the truth in this debate …. lets get the whole story ?

v8ninety

FFS. ‘Flu’ (real, not cold/flu symptoms that mean ‘pulling a sickie’) is a serious, potentially life threatening condition in the young, old, and otherwise immunocompromised. Add bacterial tonsillitis and you have one poorly kid. Diagnosis will take time and tests; GP correctly identified a poorly child who is best treated in Paed ED and then potentially admitted. Probably followed fairly simple sepsis guidelines, which make decisions simple in cases like this. TL:DR, GP did the right thing.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

so is the moral of the story, if you are gonna buy a bot network, you should pay for the one that doesnt become obvious so quickly.

My theory is, these things are like the Nigerian 419ers.

The people who are taken in by the ridiculously obvious badly spelled crap are no trouble to you, they’re simpletons who are easy to con. They’re well worth your time and effort, as a scammer. A great return rate.

If you make it difficult to spot, you get awkward people who are difficult to scam, thus wasting all your precious scamming time. You’ll have to try your hardest to convince them that it is all genuine and after that they get cold feet because they google’d you and discovered you’d been in jail already for scamming people.

I don’t think the Tories care about the Facebook stuff only hitting the gullible and credulous. If someone is taken in by “I have this sister who has a nurse friend who said there is just no way that ever happened” then they’re easy to fool with all your other horseypoo stories about immigrants and brexit and caring about northern ireland and the rest of it. Cracking recruits for the growing Tory Brexit party cult. One of those votes is easy to buy with a few wonky facebook posts.

mashr

FFS. ‘Flu’ (real, not cold/flu symptoms that mean ‘pulling a sickie’) is a serious, potentially life threatening condition in the young, old, and otherwise immunocompromised. Add bacterial tonsillitis and you have one poorly kid.

Any otherwise healthy adult would even feel fully horrendous if hit with a proper flu plus tonsillitis combo! Not surprised he ended up in hospital

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

What bothers me more is that nothing is being made of this stuff in the mainstream media. It’s being completely swept under the carpet by people like Peston and Kuenssburg – because they themselves are being taken in by it in the race to publish a new news story first, their cognitive abilities are being hamstrung by the need to break the story. They’re being turned into simpletons by having to race ahead of social media to break stories.

This is a massive, massive problem.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Don’t FFS me.

Thankfully I do not know much about being ill, GPs or hospitals

You sound like you professional do.

Thanks for the rest of your post I (others) may have learned something from it.

Anyone else like to add anything useful.

slowoldman

Here’s another, why did the GP not diagnose Flu/tonsillitis ?

I thought it was the GP who phoned for an ambulance to take the lad to A&E.

soobalias
    Free Member

MMF – agree its a problem

but (at least) three partys seeking votes tomorrow have no stomach to try to bring it under real control so I expect the government to simply pay lip service and apply increased pressure on the ‘free’ press

v8ninety

Don’t FFS me.

I will, because it appears that you are trying to minimise, distract and divert attention from the real story. That of lies, deception and trickery by the Tories. I’m fact, you appear almost complicit. Do you have a close friend who’s a nurse at Leeds hospital?

AlexSimon

I must admit, I’ve spent today thinking that Cummings would be co-ordinating a massive lie about Corbyn today (or something dug up from his past) as apparently it’s the day a lot of swing voters change their minds.
    Still time mind
    (and obviously I’m not on their targeted ads list as I’m neither a swing voter or in a marginal seat).
    Was that Jonathan Ashworth leak supposed to be it?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Do you have a close friend who’s a nurse at Leeds hospital?

🙂

Nah …. but had an interest telephone call with my old mate Jonno the other day.

CountZero

Any otherwise healthy adult would even feel fully horrendous if hit with a proper flu plus tonsillitis combo! Not surprised he ended up in hospital

Not had tonsillitis, but I have had flu. I can’t tell you what it was like in any detail, it’s a week of which I have no clear memory, just darkness and feeling very, very ill. It’s not something I have any desire to suffer ever again.
    It’s worth pointing out, again, that influenza is a killer. The outbreak of Spanish flu just after WW1 killed more people than died in the war, in fact it was one of the deadliest pandemics in human history. Never, ever underestimate just how dangerous it can be!

The 1918 influenza pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920; colloquially known as Spanish flu) was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic, the first of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus.[1] It infected 500 million people around the world,[2] including people on remote Pacific islands and in the Arctic. Probably 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million (three to five percent of Earth’s population at the time) died, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.[3][4][5] For reference, the 1918 influenza pandemic killed more than both WWI and WWII combined. In British India alone, it is estimated that 17 million people died.[6] However, the pandemic’s exact geographic origin is still uncertain due to inadequate data, and there are still many competing theories.[2]

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Have I been tricked?’ is closed to new replies.