Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Have Genesis killed off the fortitude?
  • MSP

I see it’s gone from their website. I thought it was selling reasonably well, perhaps needed a couple of updates (ie rear disk brake mounts inside the rear triangle), but didn’t expect it to get dropped.

ratherbeintobago

Yes, have had a big ‘rationalisation’ of their range, and some of the more interesting MTBs (Fortitude, High Latitude Alfine) don’t seem to have survived.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I notice that their one and only (?) foray into full suspension has gone too. Move over Grapil, here comes a Fat Bike instead.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gazc
    Free Member

shame about the fortitude, really rate mine and much more capable than i thought coming from riding full sus for years 🙂

MSP

Good job I bought one just in time 🙂

There aren’t many other options out there for “continent crushers”.

hatter

Brilliant bikes but they didn’t sell nearly enough to justify their existence. The single front ring and rigid specific geometry was a step too far for some people.

Love mine to bits, to the point that if I ever kill it I’ll probably be finding a custom frame builder to make me another one exactly like it, only in 853.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I got one last week, glad I did!

MSP

The single front ring and rigid specific geometry was a step too far for some people.

I admit I think the race was a bit pointless, but the adventure and ss were bang on for do it all/low maintenance/winter bikes.

simonbowns
    Free Member

They’re a great bike (love our demo) for the right person, but it’s just not sold enough for them to justify keeping it in the range.

There’s still a few bikes/frames left with Genesis, we can work out a sweeeet deal on those I’m sure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Have Genesis killed off the fortitude?’ is closed to new replies.