Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Have crc gone off the boil again?
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’ve ordered dome cleats on the 12th and I assumed that would be early enough to receive them by Thursday but only this morning they’ve sent me an email saying they were dispatched on the 14th!
    Have they gone off the boil and gone into sloppy service again? Normally it’s 2 day service to my door.

cp

CRC are always all over the place with orders, I don’t think its phases they go through, they’re just a bit patchy. Ordering at the weekend does seem to delay things somewhat too.

scotroutes

Did you pay for delivery? IIRC, the free option is 3-4 business days.

bombjack
    Free Member

Fine for me, ordered a rear mech on Thursday PM, arrived Monday AM.
    And it was standard delivery.
    Happy days.

kayla1
    Free Member

2 day dispatch is hardly sloppy service. Did you pay for express or priority or whatever it’s called, or did you stick with the free post option?

rocketman
    Free Member

CRC have a list and you’re not on it

Tested them at the weekend with a late-night Friday order and it was still delivered on Mon

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’m not paying for the fancy delivery method as as long as they arrive before Friday that will be fine, just suggesting the time between order and dispatch was longer than expected, I’ve ordered stuff from them that’s been delivered faster than this dispatch notice has arrived?

cp

also don’t trust the despatch emails, it was probably was despatched on the 14th… the emails seem to go out at a random time, sometimes well after I’ve received the product in a few bits I’ve had.

Probably will turn up today.

LS
    Free Member

I ordered something at 10pm last night (cheapo chainset for a mate’s bike), had the despatch email about 20 minutes ago. My last couple of orders have been similarly quick too so I guess it’s luck of the draw?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

The answer was Friday Morning, 5 days for 2 cleats.

tomhoward

People who are having slower service, how are you paying for your goodies? I’ve found that if I pay by PayPal, it’s perfect, even if you have boggo delivery it comes in a day or so. Pay by card and it takes a little longer.

Something to do with SLA’s being set by PayPal, given the advertising/sponsorship CRC gets from them?

retrobeen
    Free Member

I ordered a load of stuff on Wednesday and paid for next day. The order arrived Saturday! Not great.

carlosg
    Free Member

the XT front and rear mechs I ordered on Friday afternoon turned up Saturday morning! Swapped out the Sram gears and was happy until I went to swap the Avid brakes off my new bike for my trusty Hopes to find the hoses were too short 🙁 .
    I have had to wait over a week for stuff to arrive from CRC in the past though I think sometimes they dump a pile of new orders onto the top of some earlier ones and you get pushed to the back of the queue.

househusband

Ordered some bib shorts, with free delivery, Friday afternoon… and they arrived with the post on Saturday morning.

iolo
    Free Member

I ordered a load of stuff on Wednesday and paid for next day. The order arrived Saturday! Not great.

So you paid on Thursday and got the items on Saturday? That’s shocking service 🙄

gwaelod
    Free Member

Ordered a rear mech last Sunday of them – – free delivery and I was fitting it just after lunchtime on Tuesday. CRC rock.

BillMC

I bought a few orders of cassettes and a chain recently and they all arrived in good time. They even queried the order to make sure I wasn’t repeating myself by mistake (I have several bikes). I was pleased with them.

rc200f8
    Free Member

I’ve not used them for ages, but ordered some rim strips on thurdsay that arrived on friday using standard free postage and paying with paypal, I was surprised to say the least.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Since that ‘incident that never was’ I’ve never used my credit card on crc, only PayPal

loddrik
    Free Member

Last thing I bought off them I had to pay postage. There didn’t seem to be a free postage option.

richardthird

CRC for a tyre, some brake blocks and not much else, paypal, free postage, a whole joking week. Tried out PX again since they were doing free del >£10 during the sale, 2 days, spot on.

Cos they’re virtually in another country 😉 post is bound to take a bit longer from CRC, so I won’t bother again I think.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Have crc gone off the boil again?’ is closed to new replies.