Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • have crc discovered the new 3rd class mail?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

something was posted otme thurs garutneed next day deery as they had messed up an order big time over 2 weeks. Not arrived yet!!

Maybe you misspelt your address. 😉

Not had any issue with crc but I wouldn’t rely on the mail for something I wanted in a hurry.

DM52
    Free Member

ordered on Monday night, stuff on the doorstep Tuesday night. Can’t complain at that. 😀

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I always used to get everything next day, now it seems to take at least a week. Conversely I returned an item yesterday and it has already been credited!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    postierich
    Free Member

Depends on where you live if you recieve a decent service these days.
    Areas that have new delivery methods revision ie no bikes just van share(2 people doing the eqivalent of 3 rounds) they usually deliver the mail/small packets first doing park and loop with trollys then if they have time or are prepared to do overtime the large parcels will be delivered, bit of a lottery, dont blame the posties if they only want to work their contracted hours and are physically tired they just want to go home.
    Royal Mail is intent on turning the workforce into a part time outfit moral is @ avery low ebb with bullying and harrasment @ all levels to get us ready for privatisation.
    In the office I work at large standard parcels are usually left untill there is someone willing to take them tracked/recorded/special packets wil always get priority so if your so desperate for your parcels pay the extra!
    Recent purchases from Merlin have been next day CRC have been between 3 to 5 days and Wiggle sent some tyres using a private company(City Link) and they notified a house 3 doors away twice then told me I had to collect it from Preston 40 odd miles away.Rang up Wiggle and demanded a refund Im still waiting!!!!

Rich

oldboy
    Free Member

Bought loads off CRC this summer. Next day delivery every time.

Postman-Pat
    Free Member

I obviously work for RM, and would like to fight our corner. Lots of companies, not just CRC post out using us, and when it doesn’t turn up next day we get the blame, when it’s not our fault. As stated above they have a backlog of orders so dispatch times are a few days later, no fault of RM, but we still get the blame for it being late. Some companies get postage cheaper for using TNT, DHL etc, but they usually drop it off at our mailcentres for us to do the final mile, so again, RM get the blame. I know we aren’t perfect, but in my opinion we offer a good service.

jasonm945
    Free Member

I obviously work for RM, and would like to fight our corner. Lots of companies, not just CRC post out using us, and when it doesn’t turn up next day we get the blame, when it’s not our fault. As stated above they have a backlog of orders so dispatch times are a few days later, no fault of RM, but we still get the blame for it being late. Some companies get postage cheaper for using TNT, DHL etc, but they usually drop it off at our mailcentres for us to do the final mile, so again, RM get the blame. I know we aren’t perfect, but in my opinion we offer a good service.

Absolutely no beef with individual posties, or sorters, drivers etc…
    But (excuse the grammar), every time I have had tried to deal with customer services ( a few times this year), they have been nonchalant, disinterested and in 2 cases downright rude.
    RM is failing in its charters as it tries to become more profitable and only the fact that they have the monopoly on letter/parcel deliveries allows them to continue.
    As with every thing that gets privatised overheads become steeper, wages become smaller and people are constantly asked to do more, unfortunately at the end of the day, we, as consumers have to decide whether we risk the free option and sometimes wait a while, or pay the extra, negating the discount on the items in the first place, and get them quicker.
    Most order off the internet because their LBS doesn’t have stock, their LBS doesn’t have stock because people have previously ordered off the internet – catch 22.
    So unfortunately every time we as consumers order off the internet we take a gamble on our items arriving when we expect them to!

Jay

postierich
    Free Member

err we dont have the monopoly of the parcels but have a USO(universal service obligation) where we have to deliver to every address unlike the private companys.So we take parcels small and large where the other guys do not want to go, we loose money on delivering TNT/DHL mail for them and have our hands tied by the government from charging a fair price to them hence the will deliver the cream ie city centres.
    Its all going Pete Tong down @ the delivery officees as we are being asked to do the unachievable whilst taking a hit on our pensions and working conditions ie Saturday is now a normal working day.
    95% of the posties i work with are very pissed off that the service we used to provide is being destroyed so Cameron and his cronies can once again line there own pockets whilst another public service is privatised which will obviously raise costs and lower standards.
    Labour are just as bad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rich

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

This is solely crc’s fault..no blame from me on the royal mail front, Crc are not dispatching same day clearly from posts above and in my experience twice in the last month, either they don’t have enough staff or clearly are the only amazingly busy company on the world right now…..the posties by us are great….

Ordered UK bikestorw yesterday at 3pm on my desk at 9 am this morning

Either don’t advertise same day.dispatch or get more staff….It’s probably the last time i use them for a while for a quid more postage I’ll use ukbilestore overtime if they have the product

jasonm945
    Free Member

Postierich, wasn’t having a go at you or any postie for that matter, it’s the same in every business, where I had a team of 6 two years ago I now have 3 – wages went up 1% last year, they (and I) are also p***ed off.

When companies say they have despatched your stuff on a friday and you still haven’t got it a week later you want to rant and rave at someone and as RM are the last in the chain and in possesion of the goods you have paid for it’s them that get the blame…

Jay

Eggbox
    Free Member

What annoys me about CRC is that fact that they do not use any tracking on the mail unless you pay extra for it.

I had some tyres missing for 2 weeks before CRC would acknowledge the issue. So my order was basically in limbo for a given period before I could be refunded or it was acknowledged that there was a problem.

I will not use them again ( even though I was once that guy that got everything next day )

Chase
    Free Member

If CRC are reading this, another major flaw is the way they address the packages, especially with regard to the names. They put the surname first and then the first name. Most posties are wise to this, but it causes huge problems when customers collect items as the callers offices sometimes get the packages filed under the wrong name. Imagine a package for ‘Richards Michael’. Is it a cock up adding an ‘s’ to Richards or is his name actually Michael Richards.
    I know in our callers office, a lot of parcels that customers come to collect can’t be found immediately because of CRCs naming system.

postierich
    Free Member

Chase very valid point, why do they that?

Chase
    Free Member

Rich. Not sure, but I can only imagine it is a result of a computer programme . It causes a lot of hassle though, and I would imagine some items get ‘lost’ as a result of not been found and subsequently returned to sender as ‘not collected’.

I_Ache
    Free Member

How about this for late delivery. I just received an email from CRC saying my order has been dispatched. Im thinking what, I havn’t ordered anything. had a look in recent orders and nothing for a couple of months. Started to go back through my old orders and found it was something I ordered in May 2009! Of course I actually received the part a day or two after it was ordered but to get the dispatched mail nearly two and a half years later is really odd.

Unfortunately if they do send it again it isn’t anything interesting just a QR mount for my Hope 2 LED.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I always used to get everything next day, now it seems to take at least a week.

Me likewise!!

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I am sitting typing this in my new gloves. Looks like the delay was at CRC this time. I knew you all wanted to know.

Colleagues shoes still not here though!

IanMunro
    Free Member

How about this for late delivery. I just received an email from CRC saying my order has been dispatched. Im thinking what, I havn’t ordered anything. had a look in recent orders and nothing for a couple of months. Started to go back through my old orders and found it was something I ordered in May 2009! Of course I actually received the part a day or two after it was ordered but to get the dispatched mail nearly two and a half years later is really odd.

Spooky!
    I just got an email from CRC saying an order had been dispatched, which was odd as I wasn’t expecting anything. So looked it up on their system, and then noticed the shipping date..

Order Placed: 14 May 2009 10:54:51
    Order Item Status: Complete
    Shipping Date: 01/01/1753 00:00:00
    Shimano Cleats SM-SH56 – Multi-Directional Release
    £14.99
    Dispatched

karen805
    Free Member

Still waiting for my order to be dispatched, have sent them an email to ask when it will be sent, no response yet. Maybe I’ll think twice about using them next time!

chris_db
    Free Member

Ordered from them on 9th Oct, email receipt acknowledged on 10th. Not delivered (normally very quick) & order doesn’t appear on my CRC account but the money has left my paypal. Tried to ring them today and “due to unforeseen circumstances” they are not answering the phone.

I do hope they haven’t been hacked again…….

thorpie
    Free Member

Ordered on Sunday, dispatch email early Tuesday, Jackets still not here Thursday afternoon. No where near as quick as they used to be so is it CRC or Royal Mail?

Trevor.

jasonm945
    Free Member

Ordered Friday, guess what?

STILL WAITING!!! 😡

hora
    Free Member

Just to add- on all my recent orders from CRC I can tell you now its not Royal Mails fault.

Place the order early in the morning and a day later I’ll get ‘your order has been processed/despatched’.

Th

hora
    Free Member

Ordered 8am yes I imagine I’ll receive an email tonight saying ‘despatched’.

I can see whats happening. Anyone who ‘pays’ for delivery is picked first.

Everyone else is secondclass.

karen805
    Free Member

Ive had an email saying the delay in an ‘unforseen delay’, not sure what that means.

I’m tempted to cancel and order from elsewhere, but it’s a pain as I’m way next week, taking the bikes and the order is parts for the bike, so even if I reorder it still won’t be here in time.

hora
    Free Member

They are no longer someone who you can trust. Just another online retailer now IMO.

Yes they’ve grown massively however I bet they are losing alot of sales ‘lost sales’ that could have been theirs.

I now shop with Merlin/Winstanley/Ribble etc etc. I bet if you added up everyone like this it’d be a sizeable extra chunk for their business.

RicB

They are no longer someone who you can trust. Just another online retailer now IMO

Yep – new saddle ordered Monday. A couple of years ago it would have arrived on the Tuesday. Still not here on the Friday.

Not the end of the world but they aren’t 1st choice anymore and I think one of the other online retailers could really make a dent in CRCs market share if they play it right.

mark_b
    Free Member

Can’t fault CRC myself. Ordered some parts, realised i’d ordered a wrong chain – emailed to ask to change it and customer services responded very quickly. And even though my order was dispatched too quickly (and i guess automatically) for the change to be made to my order so i actually received the wrong part, CRC were very accommodating about changing it for me.

I’ll still use them in the future.

tinman66
    Free Member

I’ve stopped using CRC. Always seems to take way longer than the others to get things delivered. Last straw was I ordered two pairs of grips and a few other things (total of about £50)a couple of weeks ago. Three days later I’d not even got the ‘Your order is being processed’ email or anything else. Phoned up and there were no apologies just we’ll cancel your order.

One customer who has left the building.

BoardinBob

Never had a problem with CRC. Everything arrives within a day or two at most from ordering.

stevenieve
    Free Member

Got an item dispatched email yesterday even though I haven’t order anything lately.
    Phoned CRC to find out it’s an item ordered and paid for over 2 years ago.
    Beat that for service!

jasonm945
    Free Member

STILL ordered last Friday, STILL not here and they want me to wait another 3 working days before I contact them again!!!

THANKS CRC

karen805
    Free Member

Well I’m back from my holiday, and my CRC package has still not shipped! That’s 2 weeks tomorrow, not happy.

Off to send them an email..

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘have crc discovered the new 3rd class mail?’ is closed to new replies.