Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 972 total)
  • Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Cough subsiding here. Chest tightness relaxing. Feeling more alert again.

Might even risk a bike ride tomorrow.

chewkw
    Free Member

… all lost our sense of taste and smell.

Do you have a loss of appetite?
    One of the symptom mentioned in the far east was a loss of appetite.

Hohum
    Free Member

I am 49 and have started having symptoms of something since Monday/Tuesday.

The symptoms were diarrhea on Monday, a gradually worsening cough, running a temperature, muscular aches and an increasing wheeziness in my chest.

The sun has been shining here for the last couple of days and I have tried to go outside into my garden and enjoy the sunshine, but each time I quickly felt quite chilled and had to come in.

I started working from home on Tuesday and since then my family and I are self-isolating.

nealglover
    Free Member

all lost our sense of taste and smell. Totally gone.

Both the confirmed cases I know said the same thing independently of each other.

RicB

The smell and taste thing is very interesting. Only case reports so far but then I guess it’s not on the priority list of symptoms to check if you’re about to stick someone on a Ventilator

Interesting article

My wife came down with a cough on Tuesday and we’ve both lost all sense of smell and taste. I feel a bit sinusy but no temp or cough

walleater

Sounds like some people have Mono / Glandular Fever! I had it earlier in my 40’s and it knocked me on my back.

I’m off work for two weeks due to getting a mild sore throat. I don’t know about the UK, but the on-line checker in Canada basically says that is you have any remote cough / cold / flu symptoms then you need to self isolate. I don’t have any of the main symptoms so who knows…..

kerley
    Free Member

The difficulty is the syphons can vary a lot. From a a few independent groups of 1,000 positive people only 60% actually had a dry cough yet 99% had a fever but even then the fever can be just feeling hot for an hour. A few people have diarrhoea, many have sore throat, many have fatigue, many have tight chest and so on.
    I would put money on my wife having it due to combination of symptoms and now feeling as though she has mild pneumonia. If my wife has had it then I am sure I would as well as we have taken no measure of isolation between us over the last 3 weeks.

Hopefully the anti body test will be widely available soon and hopefully she will get tested she is NHS and works specifically with elderly. Once people know they have had it then can go back to normal and the more people that can go back to normal the better.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Since Thursday, my better half is breathing surprisingly heavy whenever she gets up and walks between rooms, which makes me thing she has the real deal. If it wasn’t for that I’d be unsure, as I reckon she is coughing less than Tuesday evening.

I’m still not coughing, but very fatigued and even for me, very woolly-headed with dull headache and so far this morning a slightly milder general body ache. But in “normal” times, I wouldn’t have gone into work this morning, for what should have been my final shift before a week of annual leave… How I’ve felt since Weds has definitely been worse than the relatively mild “manflu19” that began on 27th Feb.

I just hope this is the real deal and we don’t get re-infected with a mutation of the virus, not just because of how that might complicate getting full sick pay from work and not having another 7+ day absence not put on my attendance procedure record, but because just like this time last year I’m rapidly losing all the cycling performance gains I made in earnest since January.

Daffy

A girl at work returned from a conference in the US in which there were several confirmed cases. Airbus tested and confirmed she has it, deep cleaning and quarantine of all areas she might have used and instructions to staff she came in to contact with to self isolate. That was a week ago. Just yesterday she confirmed that her persistent cough has turned into breathing difficulties. She’s 25.

tjagain

Those of us self isolating – anyone else in a flat with a communal stairway? We live at the top of a mainly commercial building so the main stair counts as a public space. By my understanding if I obey the rules properly then I am actually not even supposed to go out of the flat! I haven’t since Wed! Not even a garden to walk around! I cannot even take the rubbish out of the flat – we are going to have to store it on the roof I think. Anyone else isolating in a flat?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Go and get some fresh air… Just try not to touch stair bannisters on the communal bit! 😉

tjagain

I can go on the roof for fresh air – riding a bike on the roof might be a tad dangerous!

todays project is to build a step for exercising on and bodge up some weights.

falkirk-mark

tjagain
    I can go on the roof for fresh air – riding a bike on the roof might be a tad dangerous!
    todays project is to build a step for exercising on and bodge up some weights.

It could be a long two weeks on here for a lot of us now TJ is self isolating, Only Joking TJ hope you are all okay and its not too long.

mooman
    Free Member

Only self diagnosis – so no actual confirmed cases for anybody yet then?

Does anybody actually know 100% of somebody with coronavirus; as in not just their word for it?

posiwev
    Free Member

Daughter had all the symptoms in January – the doctors couldn’t diaganose, I subsequently contracted the same.

Ironically she wrote an article on CV in China, whilst on work experience at the I, which appeared on page 5, that was exactly 2 months ago today…..!

Spud

My symptoms have definitely eased this morning, still coughing but no where near as much as previous days, chest tightness / shortness of breath also eased. Roll on Wednesday.

alpin
    Free Member

Went into the workshop yesterday. Capo is there wearing gloves and telling us to keep our distance as he had just been tested due to his chesty cough.

Cheers, mate!

tjagain

Falkirk mark – I am trying not to abuse the hospitality on here! 😉

kerley
    Free Member

Does anybody actually know 100% of somebody with coronavirus; as in not just their word for it?

Not many will due to lack of testing. Mt wife was taken to hospital in ambulance 2 weeks ago and they checked heart, lungs, blood test etc,. but no Coronavirus test even though she had tight chest.

She had a follow up phone appointment with GP who said it is likely but could be another virus. Continual chest ache, high fatigue, walking around garden left her knackered and needing to go back to bed. Again, no coronavirus test.

Wouldn’t you have tested just to either rule it out or catch another case…

julians
    Free Member

See my post back on first page, yes I know someone with a confirmed coronavirus test result. Caught it while skiing in Austria a few weeks ago, she’s fully recovered now, she said it was not a big deal.

mooman
    Free Member

I have read of a few saying they think they had it in January this year; my wife and I also had the persistent dry cough and associated lurgy that this coronavirus seems to be identified by in January too … maybe there was an earlier strain doing the rounds in the UK before now, or is it more probable that it was just a similar virus?
    I guess we shall see within the next few weeks when this thing really takes off …

johnx2
    Free Member

went from possibly to really quite possibly this morning when my wife (who had no awareness that this was a symptom) complained that she’d no sense of taste or smell. We’ve both been on paracetamol for a few days feeling shite, or in my case shite and weird. Neither of us have had more than a v slight cough and my energy levels have been fine. Likely vector would be a panel meeting I was at in London, tues/weds week before last, including a dinner. Folk flying in. Academics, a few of whom do a few front-line sessions including a GP/dean who’d done 11 hours of being coughed on the day before. So there you go. Possible. Been isolating and wfh all week (not a great idea as spent Friday morning trying to reverse a cock-up I’d caused on Thursday evening, but hey), wish now I’d/we’d isolated earlier.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

My GF is feeling much better and wants to see me, but I’ve said no. She had a bad chest for 1 day, but it was been improving yesterday and today, no persistent cough, temperature etc. I think she’s going to be ok, and tbh hope she’s had it and is now immune. I’d almost rather get it now, and get it out of the way.

RustySpanner

Possibly.

Both had the cough, the fever and the dodgy chest.
    Lack of appetite, taste and smell? Yup.
    Lethargy.
    Banging headache and constant dry mouth.
    Started last Saturday (her) and Monday (me).
    Still got most of the symptoms now, but better than they were.

Self isolated for this week, looks like we’ll be doing the same next week.

Getting out for walks in quiet places, usually late at night or early morning.
    Don’t have the energy to ride bikes.
    Not had to go shopping yet as we’d just done a big shop the day Sue came down with it.
    Neighbours have dropped off essentials.

Work (NHS) have been amazing.

Hopefully this is it and I can get back to work ASAP.

EdwardH

I was laid low with something back in November, with symptoms that were the same as many on here have described.

I went from feeling fine to having an awful temperature, shivering uncontrollably (while fully dressed, wrapped in a three season sleeping bag, under the bed covers) to having sweat pour out of me. This came on over the space of a morning. I also had no energy, barely enough to get me to the bathroom to deal with the diarrhea. I was pretty much bed bound for seven days. Following which, I had a sore throat that lasted for the next week.

The initial symptoms came on very quickly and lasted just over a week, and I was pretty much wiped out for the next week. In total I reckon it was three weeks from start to finish before I felt even remotely like getting on my bike – I managed a six mile easy ride and was completely done in afterwards.

All last year I was working on a Chinese land drilling rig. Close to the end of my October hitch the Chinese drill crew did a crew change (just a few days before I went home). I developed the above symptoms just a day or two after getting home. There were a few of us Europeans went home at the same time and at least one other came down with the same symptoms I had.

I initially thought I had had a gastric flue, now I’m not so certain.

mildred

Started getting a dry cough & very tight chest week prior to half term in February.

Hot stinging eyes, really persistent cough & hammering the asthma meds. Anyway went skiing in Les Deux Alpes and this continues then turned into a slightly more productive cough. Actually felt ok though.

Anyway, fast forward a week after returning & I had to fly back out there to collect my camper, which had broken down during our trip.

I picked the van up in Grenoble & used the trip as an excuse to visit a mate who lives in Morzine. I felt absolutely bolloxed during the flight and gradually got more tired during the drive. 1st night there I slept 16 hrs; 2nd day I managed 2 hrs skiing before coughing myself to a headache. That night I slept another 12hrs straight. This is unknown for me.

Anyway on the drive back I slept in the van and woke up dripping wet through with sweat despite temp hovering around 1 degree.

The next day my neck glands were so big I couldn’t turn my head and my throat was so sore I could hardly swallow. Very weirdly I actually felt loads better than I have for a few weeks. My daughter got the same symptoms 3 days in and developed a horrible dry hacking cough which has lasted almost exactly 10 days.

Anyway, within 4 days of having the swollen glands & sore throat my cough had totally gone and I feel ok. However, I tried a slow treadmill jog today and my lung capacity feels about 1/4 of a month ago and struggled to maintain 9kmh for 20 mins (I was running at 5 minute Km pace beginning Feb). Also felt like my heart wasn’t beating right (nervy fluttery feeling).

So I’ve no idea if I’ve had it but there’s certainly something been going on. I wish I could take a test to see if I’ve had it, just to calm my nerves a bit. As an overweight 49 year old asthmatic I’m slightly nervous.

chewkw
    Free Member

Close to the end of my October hitch the Chinese drill crew did a crew change (just a few days before I went home).

In early November 2019 there was already talks amongst the far east social media circles of a strange virus appearing in China doing the round. By late November there was already warning by social media in HK not to go to China as death was already started to appear. Judging from the incubation period of 2 to 3 weeks I suspect the virus started much earlier than November and probably even in September (weather getting colder).

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Anyone had the breathlessness from walking between rooms, as if you had just sprinted and now had that symptom go?

Better half developed this on day 2 after cough started, still here on day 5.

Besides a gentle paced Zwift stage 4 this morning, I’ve felt wiped the rest of the day, when I left turbo set up hoping to do another session that I just never felt up for… But still no coughing or breathlessness, just upper chest; throat; head; limbs.

So of all the people who feel they may have have it, did anybody else wake up in the morning feeling incredibly thirsty?

As in a ‘two pints of water + a pint of orange juice & lemonade’ at 7am before you can even talk or start to feel normal type of thirst?

And this is coming from somebody who doesn’t usually have a cup of tea / coffee / juice etc in the morning and normally only gets a glass of water at work at 9-ish.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Been drinking lots since dry throat started on Weds.

stewartc
    Free Member

By late November there was already warning by social media in HK not to go to China as death was already started to appear.

Never heard of this and one of my BiL’s works in the ward at Princess Margret hospital that deals with all infection cases here.
    If that was the case our social disturbances since June last year were very fortuitous as it knocked visitors from the mainland down to about 10% the usual number, probably helped us keep the spread contained somewhat.

ctk
    Free Member

Tight chest on and off, head aches, temperature every now and again but not terrible. No cough. These symptoms for last 4 or 5 days and a bit snotty today.

Have I got it?

tjagain

ctk – probably not but thats not good enough. You need to go into isolation. sorry.

rOcKeTdOg

I get a tree pollen allergy this time of year so had sore throat, tight chest and dry cough since the end of Feb. No temperature though so experts say I’m ok. So I could have mild symptoms or just an allergy (antihistamines taken every day atm) I work in a hospital though so I feels kinda wrong to be there.

poly
    Free Member

But no test so no idea.

This is a big issue really. People would act differently if they knew, both during the illness and afterwards.

How would you act differently if I told you definitely had coronavirus? Whatever the answer is – do that now. Even if you don’t have Covid19 – the precautions will stop you spreading your infection to others, who will then have to self isolate – some of them will be much needed healthcare workers, and your other infection is still potentially a problem for the most vulnerable (who have less back up right now due to the stress on the system).

Even if I tell you you definitely had the infection and have now recovered all the same precautions are still the best way to avoid sharing the disease. Eg. washing your hands may make no difference to you if you become immune but it still stops you passing it between people.

tjmoore

I might have or maybe not. Who knows. Came back from France skiing just as it was kicking off and close to where that first case was in the Alps. Shitty cold. Just considered it normal for a ski trip. I never get colds at any other time. It’s just the flights, airports etc that spread it.

But no temperature, so assumed not. Still, some at work were not keen on me coming into the office.

Actually somethings been dragging on with this as constantly having blocked or stuffy nose but maybe it’s a sinus infection. Or it’s the after effects of a mild CV (though actually, coronavirus can be a cause of the common cold, just not Covid-19).

Is it absolutely the case that you’ll get the fever if you have it, even if mild?

🤷‍♂️

oldtennisshoes

Dry cough, stuffy nose for the past 5 days. No temperature though.

jezzep

Hiya,

I’ve just over it I had the dry cough sore throat at first. I then got a headache felt tired then the kinda what I can only describe as a panic attack type loss of lung capacity. At the time I didn’t associate this to covid-19, but comparing notes to my son who got it at university it was the same. My wife got it she had the cough headache but it progressed to a temperature. One night was bad and she got told off and I wrapped her in a blanket turned the heating on and had the log burner full furnice. We are both in recovery I feel fine, wife two days behind me. Lung capacity seems key I live in portishead so I cannot go anywhere without going up a massive hill so lung capacity is good.

Anyway it effects the older much worse than us so be responsible even though you feel well you must isolate.

JeZ

chewkw
    Free Member

Never heard of this and one of my BiL’s works in the ward at Princess Margret hospital that deals with all infection cases here.
    If that was the case our social disturbances since June last year were very fortuitous as it knocked visitors from the mainland down to about 10% the usual number, probably helped us keep the spread contained somewhat.

By the time the news of the virus death reached the social media in HK it was already early November. The Chinese govt did not make any announcement but the social media in HK mentioned that many people were already ill. HK social media kept alerting people of some contagion outbreak but because they were social media the govt just let it be. It was not until the Chinese New Year that the govt realised the severity of the contagion and immediately enforced a total lock-down.

stumpyjon

Thought I’d bump this, just wondering how many people my have already got this. Son was really hot the other night (happens from time to time), has a bit of a cough and feels a bit under the weather.

Wife and I both just feel a bit run down, headachey, possible sore throat, in my case slightly sore eyes. I don’t feel right but under normal circumstances would have been to work (WFH at the moment and not going out anyway).

Anyone else with very mild symptoms?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 972 total)

The topic ‘Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?’ is closed to new replies.