Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 972 total)
  • Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?
  • BoardinBob

The World Health Organisation has since updated their list of ‘less common’ symptoms of the disease to include conjunctivitis and red eyes,

Ah. This explains the bizarre red eye I had for several days when I was ill

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

My wife thought she had a bad cold last week after a get together in London. 3 days of LFTs all came back negative. Sunday morning before we take the kids to football we all did tests and she was positive (the rest of us negative). Took PCRs later that day and the results arrived Monday morning confirming things.

We both had our boosters booked for Monday morning too. Obviously she cancelled, but after another negative test I went along and had my jab.

That evening I felt a bit off. Heavy legs probably best describes it. I presumed it was just side effects of the booster. By 3am I was awake, feeling rough and feverish.

Spent Tuesday in bed but still negative. Tuesday night I slept like a log, completely out for the count. Woke up feeling rested but very rough. Took another test and that showed as positive. Went online to book a PCR test but none available in the whole of Herts. Awesome. Postal test ordered – which arrived and was posted back today.

I’ve been feeling pretty rotten – like flu and a bad hangover combined. Not got much of an appetite but am forcing myself to eat. And I’m drinking litre after litre of squash. So damn thirsty. 3 days in bed so far, occasionally pop down stairs for supplies but it wipes me out very quickly.

Wife is still suffering too. She looks a little brighter today but it doesn’t take much to wear her out and she’s then back to bed for a sleep.

Luckily we have a good support network nearby – still have a street WhatsApp group from the first wave who are happy to help.

We’re both double jabbed and escaped it previously- eldest son caught it during the summer but didn’t pass it on to anyone else in the house. He’s had a single jab now. Both kids are back in school… we’d have kept them off but school insisted they should be in. Hopefully they don’t pick anything up. 🤞

paul0
    Free Member

Hopefully they don’t pick anything up. 🤞

At home or at school?! Seems mad that school want them in with 2 cases in the household.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Both.

Yep, the school’s decision seems pretty reckless to us.

james-rennie

I had a positive PCR about 5 weeks ago, felt really rough for a week (in bed, sleeping, sweating and aching)
    I’d been fine for the last 4 weeks, back on the bike etc but Wednesday just past I started feeling ropey again, coughing, tired etc.
    I’ve been told not to bother with LFT test within 90 days.
    I did a PCR test yesterday which has come back positive.

Question is this, have I got reinfected (omicron variant?) or has the original infection sneaked up on me again?

dogbone

We were told not to do a PCR within 90 days as you’d mostly get a positive and by law have to isolate again.

james-rennie

I kind of wish I’d got that message because (like everyone) I’d rather not be isolating again. However I am feeling rough so best to be on the safe side.

jolmes
    Free Member

Mrs tested postive last week via pcr, shes been in isolation since wednesday, we both had symptoms but I kept testing negative. We’ve been testing daily as we’re living with her eldery parents between houses, this morning i test postive on an LFT, booked PCR straight away. No symptoms anymore for me but shes lost her taste and still coughing etc.

I’m isolating in 1 room, shes in another, her 10 days are up on xmas day so at least one of us will get to spend it with the kids.

Anybody know any guidance on 2 people isolating with different stages/times of a postive test?

Cougar

Hi kids. Me and my OH would like to join your club. (For some value of “like.”)

I’ve come down with a cold, had my booster, tested positive via LFT, and just home now from a PCR all in the space of about three days.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Having tested + on the 23rd & spent Xmas in isolation I’ve just tested – today for the 1st time since. Suffered from headaches, fatigue & dizziness & that very weird spaced out feeling. Only thing left now is the fatigue but bloody hell, I feel like I’ve just a done bloody stage race! I’m ****!

diz

I felt rough on the evening of the 29th, did a LFT which was positive, got a PCR yesterday that, confirmed the positive result this morning. So far a headache and a few coughs and sneezes, hopefully that’s all I get but the next few days will tell.

crazy-legs

I’m assuming not (or if I have had it it was non-symptomatic) although quite how I’ve managed to avoid it is a mystery as it seems quite prevalent. Was back in the office maybe one day a week for a while and during that time a few colleagues came down with it at the same time although that was traced back to a day when they were all in together (I wasn’t there that day).

I guess the riskiest thing was Christmas – first at my Mum’s and then taking her up to my sister’s. We’ve all been relatively sensible though in terms of not meeting too many people, doing regular LFTs, and we’d all had our boosters by mid-December at the latest.

I’m sort of “soft-isolating” at the moment, have no desire to go out anywhere to pubs etc and shopping trips are kept short and in quiet times. However I’m sort of resigned to the fact that I’ll probably end up with it at some point, cases seem to be rising dramatically.

crazy-legs

https://www.sactownmag.com/uc-davis-microbiome-expert-jonathan-eisen-on-omicron/

American magazine article on Omicron, guidance on how to avoid etc. Good read.

solarider
    Free Member

Just getting ready to head out to friends for the new year. None of us feeling anything. Took lateral flow tests just for peace of mind. Wife showed +ve!

New year plans rapidly cancelled and off to the supermarket to find something to eat depending on availability. Not going to be a bumper celebration this year!!!!

keefmac

wife tested positive on monday with an lft after feeling rotten. pcr next day confirmed it. i tested on wednesday and had a pcr yesterday, both positive. daughter has avoided both of us by working and hiding in her room and is still negative so buggered off round her friends for nye. shes been doing lfts since monday

Cougar

According to that article, the Omicron variant virus is spread by aerosols.

Damn you, autocorrect?

Kryton57

I received notification of a position PCR this morning, and now my 9yo daughter has a positive LTF. We may as well assume the whole household has it I guess.

I’m a bit worried about her without vaccines etc TBH.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

At least you won’t have to isolate yourself from the rest of your family now.

Kryton57

Well, Mrs K and 12yo Jnr are still testing negative. He’s supposed to go outdoor go-karting next Thursday for his 13th birthday, we’ll see.

diz

Following the mild symptoms I had a few days ago, today I feel absolutely normal. No symptoms at all. I assume I’ve had the Omicron variant.

Mrs Diz is still testing negative on the LFTs as are others I came into contact with before my symptoms developed.

joat

Mrs joat had a positive LFT Saturday, mine was negative, so we both had PCR yesterday afternoon, hers came back positive this afternoon mine still negative. So what are the chances of me succumbing in the next day or two? It was probably picked up from her Niece who tested positive the day we had both seen her, nobody else has tested positive after seeing her (the Niece) though. Seems a bit random and against predictions if it’s Omicron.

nstpaul

1 x -ve LFT on 26th,
    1 x -ve LFT on 2nd,
    2 x +ve LFT’s today (3rd)and feeling rough.
    Awaiting result of drive through PCR this evening.

Absolutely NO contacts since 27th apart from being all masked up in Aviemore Tesco on 31st when it was rammed with holiday makers………

ahsat

Mrs joat had a positive LFT Saturday, mine was negative, so we both had PCR yesterday afternoon, hers came back positive this afternoon mine still negative.

Depending on when you get tested, they are only somewhere between 95-70% reliable. We had covid November 2020 and I never tested positive but p20 did and I felt rough for 10 days and had long covid for a year. Just take it easy.

mjsmke

Absolutely NO contacts since 27th apart from being all masked up in Aviemore Tesco on 31st when it was rammed with holiday makers………

So you have been in contact with others then…

flicker
    Free Member

So you have been in contact with others then…

Not necessarily, easy enough to mingle with others without them becoming a contact.

What is meant by a contact
    A contact is a person who has been close to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. You can be a contact any time from 2 days before the person who tested positive developed their symptoms (or, if they did not have any symptoms, from 2 days before the date their positive test was taken) and up to 10 days after – as this is when they can pass the infection on to others. A risk assessment may be undertaken to determine this, but a contact can be:

anyone who lives in the same household as another person who has COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
    anyone who has had any of the following types of contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
    face-to-face contact including being coughed on or having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
    been within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact
    been within 2 metres of someone for more than 15 minutes (either as a one-off contact, or added up together over one day)
    A person may also be a close contact if they have travelled in the same vehicle or plane as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.

nstpaul

^exactly 🙂
    ^^ making a point about how quickly and easily this is spreading despite people (myself included)taking precautions ie masking up, keeping to distancing recommendations etc. Given I got it having spent less than 10 minutes in a shop adhering to the above it’s no wonder the positive figures are rocketing 🙄

paul0
    Free Member

Not necessarily, easy enough to mingle with others without them becoming a contact

Erm, the virus doesn’t limit itself to contacts as defined on the gov website !

Poopscoop

@nstpaul

Can I ask a genuine question and I only want to know the answer on a personal level believe me!

What type of mask were you wearing, a “face covering” or a surgical/ ffp2 etc etc type mask?

Thanks, I’ve got no agenda behind asking, I’m purely asking to help with my own scenario.👍

nstpaul

@poopscoop

When I say mask I actually use a buff. It’s a type that we are all issued with when going offshore for work as we have to wear them at all times when transferring via helicopter and when in any areas with other people as a condition of employment. They have some chemical impregnation (sorry can’t recall what) and are double layered. Worn right up over nose and ears, down over neck. Cheers

Saccades
    Free Member

This isn’t a dig, they are the worst type of “mask”, regular fibres (big gaps) and hard to remove without potentially putting the exterior “infected” part onto your mucus membranes.

nstpaul

Aye, that’s maybe fair enough given the outcome!

Although not like your regular buff, really tight material,layered up, covering a large area, certainly seemed a better option than the cloth ones most people seem to be wearing!

flicker
    Free Member

Erm, the virus doesn’t limit itself to contacts as defined on the gov website !

No shit! Really!

Jordan

Just got a positive LFT Bugger! Seems like half the people we were with on NYE in the local tested positive either yesterday or today.

Son’s girlfriend was staying with us and she tested pos yesterday, I felt a bit sh1t even though I got a neg LFT yesterday so went for a PCR. Not had PCR results yet but booked another one for tomorrow in case yesterday was too early to pick it up like the LFT.

footflaps

Just tested +ve via LFT this morning, PCR booked this afternoon. Woke up with what I guess must be sinusitis (never had a pain behind my nose before), so took a test.

Feeling pretty groggy….

Out Sunday group ride had 20 riders so we split at the cafe stop to use various different cafes which were all pretty busy – pretty sure that was where I picked it up.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Day 6 of isolation here. Annoyingly I feel ok, it’s just like having a mild cold. I tested this morning and still showing two lines so I am not escaping the house just yet.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Annoyingly I feel ok, it’s just like having a mild cold.

Me and the misses had it between Chrstmas and New Year. Like you it presented as a mild head cold.

johnw1984
    Free Member

After all this time, I’ve finally caught it!

I’ve done pretty well to avoid it so far after changing jobs over 7 months ago. I went for having my own corner with a desk and PC in a spacious warehouse, to visiting all sorts of homes and businesses.

Recently though I’ve found that the majority (including staff) just aren’t that arsed about wearing masks anymore. Tested positive on 2 x LFT Saturday/Sunday. Just sat here now waiting for my PCR to be posted through the door.

Had a rough throat on Saturday, then that had cleared by Sunday. Then it was a slight runny nose, aches and a fever Sunday. Yesterday and today I don’t feel too bad. The cold I had before Christmas felt far worse than this.

Mostly gutted for the new bike I built on Saturday night that’s still unridden 🙂

Double jabbed and I was literally just going to book my booster but I’ll have to wait 6 weeks I guess now?

kimbers

So I’ve tested positive again

Has anyone else caught it three times??

I’ve had it last January, November and now again- just a scratchy throat and cold like symptoms

Is there a loyalty card so i get a stamp for each variant?

CountZero

Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?

No. Not had any particularly nasty colds, either; a bit of a sniffle, the occasional sneezing fit, a slightly stuffy nose, but I’ve managed to stay free of most respiratory lurgies for a couple of years or so.
    There’s some evidence to suggest that regular doses of vitamin D can help with such things, and I was ‘encouraged’ by my late partner to take it, and I’ve stuck with it. No idea if it’s helped, but along with wearing a mask, it’s not going to hurt, and vitamin D is certainly of benefit for various things.

Flaperon

I tested positive on a single LFT a fortnight ago (had a sore throat and a dose of conjunctivitis for two weeks before that) with no other symptoms. Incredibly faint line on the test and I needed to use my phone camera to see it.

Triple vaccinated. Felt fine then, but now just feel tired all the time and when I hop on my bike I feel like I’ve already ridden 50 miles.

It’s doing my head in. So glad I didn’t catch full-blown COVID before the vaccine was developed because I think it would have smashed me.

Oh yeah, the conjunctivitis thing is interesting. It actually led me away from the COVID suspicion as I was testing negative every day, so I was quite surprised to be specifically asked about it during the track and trace process.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 972 total)

The topic ‘Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?’ is closed to new replies.