Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 972 total)
  • Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?
  • doris5000

I’m 20 months into Long Covid (mostly just fatigue these days, but still quite limiting) and…. they now think the ‘bad back’ that has been bothering me all year might actually be Ankylosing Spondylitis, kicked off by the initial COVID infection. FFS. More tests soon. 😐

Wear a mask!

kilo

Double AZ jabbed and had the Pfizer booster yesterday. Felt cranky enough to take a LFT (neg) but feel shit today, can’t even face driving. Is this a good or a bad thing?

I felt much rougher after the booster (Tuesday for me) than the first two jabs, also az, even took some paracetamol. After a day or so felt fine but my arm is still really tender where they jabbed it.

BillMC

Cheers. That’s reassuring. Today however is cancelled

BadlyWiredDog

Double AZ jabbed and had the Pfizer booster yesterday. Felt cranky enough to take a LFT (neg) but feel shit today, can’t even face driving. Is this a good or a bad thing?

It sounds pretty normal and not, as I understand it, good or bad, it’s just your body’s general immune system reacting to foreign stuff being injected into it. I had a Pfizer booster on Tuesday, felt knackered and achy all day on Wednesday. Back to normal by Thursday morning.

BoardinBob

Well this absolutely sucks.

Day 11 now and the fatigue is unbelievable. I’m back working from home but the brain fog is also a huge thing. I’m struggling to concentrate and given most of my day is complex maths, my inability to grasp the numbers I’m looking at is a real challenge. Walking up the stairs still has me gasping for breath. To go from racing an EWS a few weeks ago and riding/ training 4-5 days a week to being absolute floored from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. And to top it off the complete lack of taste or smell robs the last remaining joy I can get from food or drink.

doris5000

You need as much rest as you can get! Take some sick leave if you can, annual leave if that’s not possible, don’t do too much around the house, spend as much of your waking time as possible horizontal on the sofa, don’t drive or do anything that requires concentration, get to bed stupidly early. It’s really shit!

singletrackmind

Do i need a pcr test?
    Day 1 sore throat, approx 24hrs
    Day 2 slight temperature fluctuations and sneezing 12hrs in bed
    Day 3 streaming nose, sore throat gone.
    Dsy 4 coughing double cough, unproductive, rasping, causing return of sore throat, 14hrs in bed
    Day 5 coughing stpped, brain gets confused by telly, 15 hours in bed.
    2 x lfts clear, coughing alot less but generating nice thick greenies
    Off work on holiday so no contact with anyone

kimbers

Yes

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Singletrackmind: that does 💯 sound like COVID. But weird that the LFTs don’t trigger.

Alpha1653

Ah balls, that’s me testing positive too. Woke up with a banging headache and thinking ‘who turned the heating up?’. I’ve spent most of the day in bed asleep between Skype calls. 10 days solo in an upstairs bedroom whilst my wife parents 2 little kids solo is going to be a pain in the arse for me but brutal for her.

Wear a mask and avoid gatherings / parties.

singletrackmind

Booked pcr last night for 0930.
    20 miles away but earliest and easiest drive through
    Feel better today, after another marathon 14hrs in bed. Appetite gone, but im not burning any fuel. Taste and smell both normal.
    However, doing anything tires me out. I feel ok, hoover for 20 mins, then need a rest.
    Was very organised drive through test centre, and busy, constant arrival and departure of cars. With maybe 50 on site at any one the time.
    And whats with the lumpy eyes, i swear there are lumps on the inside of my eyelids.

Dickyboy

I had a Pfizer booster on Tuesday, felt knackered and achy all day on Wednesday. Back to normal by Thursday morning.

Ditto but with the moderna booster, knocked me sideways for 24hrs.

onewheelgood

And whats with the lumpy eyes, i swear there are lumps on the inside of my eyelids.

“The World Health Organisation has since updated their list of  ‘less common’ symptoms of the disease to include conjunctivitis and red eyes, as recent reports have suggested a link between conjunctivitis, coronavirus (Sars-Cov-2) and the corresponding disease, COVID-19.”

mjsmke

Do i need a pcr test?
    Day 1 sore throat, approx 24hrs
    Day 2 slight temperature fluctuations and sneezing 12hrs in bed
    Day 3 streaming nose, sore throat gone.
    Dsy 4 coughing double cough, unproductive, rasping, causing return of sore throat, 14hrs in bed
    Day 5 coughing stpped, brain gets confused by telly, 15 hours in bed.
    2 x lfts clear, coughing alot less but generating nice thick greenies
    Off work on holiday so no contact with anyone

I’m amazed you need to ask.

oikeith

Day 3 since testing positive and it really kicked in overnight. 1st couple of days felt like a bad cold.

Fever kicked in during the night. Sweating buckets even without the duvet. Resting heart rate is up at 70 whereas my usual is low 50s. Massively fatigued and walking up the stairs has me gasping. Sense of taste and smell disappeared yesterday. Thankfully no cough but I’m extremely congested, sneezing constantly and have a lot of sinus pain.

The Mrs is on day 6 and she’s properly floored. I’m at least up and moving, she can’t get out of bed.

Day 4 after testing positive for me I had the night sweats with cramps which would swing into shivers and muscle aches, this happened on nights 4, 5 and mildly on 6 after postive, in the days once I was up, fed and hydrated I was okay except for tiredness.

Didn’t lose smell and taste till day 5 or 6, taste has come back after 5 days, sense of smell is weak, I never realised how much smell helped me enjoy food even down to packs of crisps!

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m amazed you need to ask.

Why? It’s not like we are in the middle of a pandemic where the symptoms match any of the ones they listed or anything is it?

dyna-ti

I think I must be lucky then. Booster was moderna, and I got the flu vaccine too, that went in the left arm and was pretty sore for about 3 days and the moderna went in the right arm and that was only slightly sore for 2 days. No other symptoms whatsoever.

BillMC

Mrs had the Moderna booster and has been fine. I’m still knackered a week after the Pf booster. My son, asthmatic, occasional shingles sufferer and works for the NHS (only 2 jabs) has just had two positive results. I’m now knackered and worried.

singletrackmind

Pcr came back clear. Just abit of man flu then.

Alpha1653

And there goes my sense of smell and taste, completely gone. This sucks.

johnx2
    Free Member

Got booster and flu at the same time. Slightly sore arm next day and slight fuzziness, gone the day after. Posting just because this typical experience is less likely to make this thread than the more unlucky ones.

judetheobscure
    Free Member

I never realised how much smell helped me enjoy food even down to packs of crisps!

Your sense of taste is almost entirely down to your sense of smell; you can only differentiate betewen salty, sweet or bitter via the tongue; all the nuance of taste beyond that comes from your sense of smell.

bigjim

Day 15 and still pretty crap really, two steps forward one step back is the general gist from day to day. Smell and taste returning but nowhere near normal, coffee tastes like burnt toast for example. Got a nice little cough now which I thought I’d escaped. What a very tedious experience in general.

zomg

21 months of living like a f***ing hermit and the 5 year old brings it home from school. She seems to hopefully be on the mend now after a couple of days of fever and a chickenpox like rash which is fading. To say I’m incandescent with fury is an understatement. Positive LFT this morning, but ran 0.5C raised temperature Friday night. Am going to be pissed off when/if my smell/taste goes as I already have other minor neurological things that I’d rather not be worrying about adding to with some more damage.

hot_fiat

Wife and I tested positive last night. Took two lfts each and even then only one came back with the faintest of lines for me. PCRs booked for this morning.

Annoyingly we’d been away for the weekend with my sister’s family and our parents. Arse. Thankfully they’re all triple jabbed.

Just feels like a snotty, sneezy cold to me.

hot_fiat

So my triple jabbed mum now has it. Has all the same symptoms I and my wife have. Unsurprising really considering she spent he weekend with us. LFT yesterday +ve; took a PCR yesterday, result this morning: -ve; another LFT this morning +ve. I suspect the PCR is erroneous.

I’m supposedly booked in for my booster next Tuesday. anyone know what the implications for that are give I’ll just be a day out of quarantine?

40mpg

I’m supposedly booked in for my booster next Tuesday. anyone know what the implications for that are give I’ll just be a day out of quarantine?

They asked me if I’d tested positive or had symptoms in the last 14 days, so likely they’ll not allow it – check your booking info as this should say too.

13thfloormonk

“The World Health Organisation has since updated their list of ‘less common’ symptoms of the disease to include conjunctivitis and red eyes, as recent reports have suggested a link between conjunctivitis, coronavirus (Sars-Cov-2) and the corresponding disease, COVID-19.”

Bugger! I was wondering what I had, 1 x negative LFT and a few ‘non’ COVID symptoms like conjunctivitis and intermittent yet ‘productive’ coughing made me think Adenovirus (via the magic of Googling symptoms). Our 4 year old has a nasty cough too but I wouldn’t call it ‘persistent’.

Impossible to know! How much can you trust an LFT?

juanking

Well our 9 year old brought it back from school, shes currently barricaded in her room. We picked it up on an lft and subsequent pcr on Tuesday. We were all in the car together Saturday and Sunday so have a question. Should I count the 5ish days for incubation from Sunday when we were last in the car or from Tuesday?? Concerned here due to my history of lymphoma and subsequent treatment thereof.

iamtheresurrection

I had my booster today, but my wife missed her appointment as she is currently positive (and suffering a bit). They told me she shouldn’t get the booster until at least 28 days after testing positive…

martinhutch

Concerned here due to my history of lymphoma and subsequent treatment thereof.

Is this recent treatment, or historic? Unless you are currently immunosuppressed, would you be extra vulnerable?

(disclaimer: I was treated for lymphoma a couple of decades ago.)

kimbers

I’m 3 weeks from positive test, I’m pretty sure was Omicron, but either way worst flu of my life

Got my first mtb ride tomorrow morning, just short local loop, but feeling up to it

Fk covid

shermer75
    Free Member

Impossible to know! How much can you trust an LFT?

Not much at all. Get a PCR

juanking

@martinhutch, I completed treatment 4 years ago now but was/am classed as immunosuppressed wrt to Covid and was on the shielding list last year. The whole guidance thing is a cluster…

martinhutch

Ah right – fair enough. Worth a call to your haematology team though, I wouldn’t expect you to be significantly immunocompromised this long after the end of treatment, and they may be able to reassure you. Have you had the three doses of vaccine rather than two (prior to booster?) You may actually be in a better position than the rest of us!

With regard to incubation, it’s not a fixed five-day thing really. Yes, your daughter could well have been contagious last weekend, but you won’t know for certain, and while average incubation is 5 to 6 days, it can be less or more.

hot_fiat

Mum was in our van with us on Friday, she was miserable and coughing by Sunday morning. I wonder if the incubation time for omicron is very much reduced?

Thanks for the info. Yeah 28 days seems to be the guidance for interval between testing and vaccination. I found it eventually on the booking website.

juanking

Thanks @martinhutch I’ve had the two primary vaccines (AZ) and a booster of Pfizer. I had heard somewhere 3 primary doses and a booster was going to be recommended but never actually saw that written anywhere.

Appreciate the uncertainty around exposure-incubation-symptoms so was guestimating at around 5 days.

Good to hear your keeping well.

martinhutch

Could be that you are no longer regarded as likely immunocompromised by your GP so didn’t get on that list. It was all a bit confusing.

Good to hear your keeping well.

Yeah, just checked, actually 30 years since all clear next year. I remember it always being at the back of my mind when I was at your point, but that fades away. Sounds like you’re doing well, modern medicine is bloody great, isn’t it?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Partner tested positive on Monday, thought she just had a cold on the weekend but LFT clear as day, PCR straight away and result on Tuesday. I got an inconclusive PCR, then positive PCR today with a positive LFT inbetween, so I’ve probably had it since Tuesday.

Not boosted yet because despite booking as soon as eligible no appointments until January.

Partner just has had cold like symptoms throughout. I have been ok but feeling very fatigued this evening. Will see how it goes I guess.

Can’t help thinking this is probably Delta, so will come out of isolation straight into the Omicron wave.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I wonder if the incubation time for omicron is very much reduced?

Yes, that’s the general view. I’ve read today that, compared to Delta, Omicron is better at multiplying in nasal tissue by a factor of 70. Which would explain a lot. The report also said Omicron was 10 times slower in lung tissue. Hence why there may be less pneumonia with Omicron.

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 972 total)

The topic ‘Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?’ is closed to new replies.