Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 972 total)
  • Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?
  • grum
    Free Member

Did 20k on the bike yesterday and that did me in for a few hours afterwards. First day back in the office after a week of WFH and I have to admit that I’m having a bit of a “wobble”.

I’m similar, took the kids to loather castle adventure park on sat then did only about 10k Sunday morning – went to Booths after and suddenly felt like I was about to collapse. Been mostly in bed since.

winston
    Free Member

For those that lost their sense of smell and taste – did it return?

ransos
    Free Member

My test came back positive this morning. I can’t even smell the Olbas oil I’ve been sprinkling liberally on my pillow.

My wife, who has identical symptoms, tested negative. We don’t believe a word of it.

fasthaggis

Partner lost her taste and smell for 3 months,a year on she still has a few things that don’t taste/smell right and sometimes gets a’petrol/fuel’ smell for no reason.

chipps

Well, it caught up with me a fortnight ago. After 18 months of being pretty cautious (no travel at all for a year last year and even now, pretty limited radius of travel) I went to Germany to the Eurobike show. Took the (pretty empty) overnight ferry from Hull and drove. The show itself required a vax certificate to get in and a mask in all indoor areas. Pretty reassuring… Anyway, somewhere along the line I caught C19 – had a violently sneezy cold from Sunday 5th and lost my taste and smell for a week – but only had snotty nose/cold for the week. After five days, I could smell coffee again. And now I reckon I’m back to 90% taste/smell again.

What was interesting is that, as we were going to visit the mother in law after Eurobike, I got a (pro-administered) Covid test in Germany on the 7th. And then, ahead of coming back on the 11th, got another test on the 10th. Both negative. Did the day 2 PCR on the 14th and it came back positive on the 16th (while my wife was negative), with instructions to isolate until next Friday (ten days after the positive PCR). After a chat with Track and Trace, though, they reckoned that if my symptoms were my big cold that first Monday, they’d count ten days from then, so I was free to travel yesterday.

So, as a twice-vaxxed, once Covid survivor, does that mean I can go clubbing and stuff? Not that I’m going to…

winston
    Free Member

@chipps  Yay we share a +ve anniversary day.  Except I have to isolate till Sunday!

Glad to hear your smell came back.  I had cold symptoms from around the 16th when I tested positive (though I had been in voluntary isolation from a few days before when my daughter tested positive – it just seemed sensible) but seemingly made a full recovery after 4 days until yesterday when my sense of smell abruptly left me…..which was a bit weird.

chipps

The smell things is weird, @winston, I had a loss of smell last summer too. Just realised that I’d not tasted my morning coffee. Then went through the jars in the cupboard, trying to taste/smell anything. Coffee, no. Peanut butter, no. Lime pickle? Nope… Went for a test and that came back -ve and my smell returned after a couple of days.

This time round, it was preceded by a heavy, snotty cold, which usually isn’t great for smelling things anyway, but I really couldn’t notice anything. I chose food on texture and not taste for a few days. Slowly, though it came back. Probably took a good week after getting the slightest hint of coffee aroma to fully get my taste/smell back. I could still do with a couple more points on the smell scale to make me completely happy… Enjoy the enforced week off! Hope the smell comes back soon…

What I did find was that I started philosophising about ‘What IS smell’ and ‘What IS taste’ and really over analysing it, which doesn’t really help when you’re just trying to drink some tea… 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

18 days after positive test and still tired. Just had to walk to our welding shop and back, a distance of 500m (ish) with a few flights of stairs on the way. Dizzy with fatigue now.

Also, my sense of smell returned long enough for me to appreciate that my teenage son had dropped his guts the other night, then promptly vanished again.

Getting very bored of it.

james-rennie

I’m 52 and I’m double jabbed, but I’ve finally managed to catch it. Negative LFT wednesday, positive PCR Thursday. Two of my kids go to school and third one works in a school where there are currently doing LFT everyday and have reintroduced mask wearing, So I’ve git school pools where it could have come from.
    On Tuesday night i went for a 5k run, it felt easy enough but heart rare was sky high.
    On Wednesday I went rapidly downhill, most of it is a blank, dont recall at all.
    So far so dull…
    However I haven’t had a sense of smell for over a decade, but it’s come back!

BoardinBob

Might be my turn.

I’ve felt a bit lethargic since monday. No cough, no fever. Smell and taste are fine but just feel a bit yuck. I’ve done at least 5 LF tests and they’ve all been negative.

The missus woke up this morning feeling ill with an occasional cough. She did a LF test and the second the sample hit the T section the line appeared. I did yet another LF test and it’s still negative.

We went for PCR tests this morning and just waiting for the results. Perfect timing seeing as I’m absolutely stressed out my head at work and I booked my first week off in 6 months next week 🙄

jimdubleyou

Well, I’m in the club… 🙁

Felt a bit off yesterday morning, usually do a lateral flow on a Wed before I go into work Thursday and Friday.

Came back positive, just got PCR result and it’s a positive which I expected as I had a massive fever last night. Lost taste today, got a bit of a cough and a bungy nose but just tired really.

Most likely infection date was Saturday when I spent all afternoon in pubs watching rugby.

Double jabbed, 5.5 months ago, so hopefully this will be the worst of it.

Mine went Christmas day, like a switch – ate Christmas dinner, fine, half hour later, poured a JD and coke – nothing, was like drinking water.

Not sure I have the same strength of taste and smell as before, but most things seem normal, with two very distinct exceptions. I’ve mentioned one before, not sure about the other.

Poo, trumps, any excrement, be it human or animal, doesn’t register. I simply cannot smell it. At all

The other one is onions and that happened some time after. We went to Dorset in the summer and visited quite a few restaurants. There was always a really unpleasant smell – like nothing I’ve ever smelt before. I assumed for a while it was seafood. Took me a couple of weeks to determine that it’s actually onions. It’s a bit annoying, as I used to like onions and a lot of dishes that contain onions. It’s still ongoing

doordonot
    Free Member

So I was training all year for trail marathons, building up to it with a Lake District half marathon in June, followed by a 30 mile trail ultra in the Brecon Beacons end of July, then an mtb/kayak/trail adventure race first weekend of September. So felt quite fit. Started to feel really stressed, couldn’t figure out how to basic stuff at work, was wondering what was going on. That fuelled anxiety and stress at this ‘out of the blue’ brain fog. Seriously considered quitting job and industry as I lost all confidence. Got signed off with stress, assuming it was work-related. Then started to feel snotty and head-aches every night and couldn’t sleep more than a few hours. Kept checking for Covid symptoms but nothing unanimous and LTFs showing -ve. Then, four days after being signed off and feeling really rotten, noticed – but almost imperceptible – intermittent smell of something moudly socks. Like a basset hound I went off round the house trying to figure out where the smell was coming from (clean clothes on!). Then thought maybe it was C19, and lo, LTF popped up +ve in the way as mentioned above, sample barely touched the testing thingy and both bars were clearly showing.

Lost smell and taste that day (before I’d even got to the PCR centre). Lit an incense stick and couldn’t smell it at all. Food and drink tasted neutral. Although interestingly, the sugar/spice/bitter receptors on my tongue were still working, just not that actual taste of something. That was weird. Gave up eating anything tasty but also found that I could eat masses of chocolate because the overall taste wasn’t making me ill. All food tasted and felt like mush. A friend said the smell of diesel made him feel sick, although I didn’t have that experience.

Struggled to walk up a 100 metre hill I was previously doing multiple running reps up and down, just a few weeks previously. Chest felt really tight and had no stamina. Heart rate was mental. Normally 145ish on the running, but shot up to 185 (running max is 183!) so stopped running by then. Couldn’t do zwift at all, ‘cos legs were screaming and hr maxing out.

Tested -ve about five days later, smell and taste returned around two weeks later. Gradually building up fitness. Can just about handle a half hour zwift training session or a 5km easy flat run.

So yeah. That was just with one jab though. Had the second two weeks after recovering from C19.

BoardinBob

My PCR came back as negative, the mrs is positive. Utterly bizarre. She was at a large concert on Tuesday and started feeling ill on Thursday. I’ve done another lateral flow this morning which is still negative.

whatgoesup

Just getting over it now – picked up my 8 yr old twins from their mothers house on Friday and my son came into my room at 5:30AM complaining of being hot. He has a +ve PCR later on Sat, his sister and I both on Sunday.
    It wasn’t too bad – felt rough through Sun evening until Tuesday and have been gradually getting better since.

My resting HR has just dropped from 50 ish to 44 though – saw 40 at one point. No obvious ill effects from that though and blood oxygen levels still as before according to my Garmin watch – is that a normal Covid effect or I have I suddenly just got really fit ?

kelvin

Sounds like a black and white science fiction movie….

The Omicron Variant

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’m in.
    Interested in the comment about tight chest above. I’ve defo got that.

Don’t like being ill at all. Actually a teensy bit scared.

Poopscoop

kelvin
    Sounds like a black and white science fiction movie….

The Omicron Variant

**** me. Did they design that name to scare people!lol

frankconway

Someone left out the apostrophe – and it’s not African, it’s Irish.

jim25

The other one is onions

That interesting, my father in law was ill last year, had all the symptoms but tested -ve several times, he is a gantastic chef and has had the same happen to him. Can’t stand the taste or smell of onions, which has gradually morphed into peppers and ginger now.

Has anyone had to wait longer than 72hrs for PCR?

Mrs STR has been really ill for over a week with a chest infection, relentless cough, sickness, diarrhea, temperature, fatigue, dizziness, loss of taste and smell, had to crawl to the loo one night

Many lateral flows all negative, had a PCR Wednesday, rang up today and results apparently not back from the lab

If it’s not covid, it is flu

Interestingly, she’s double jabbed. My daughter who is single jabbed has been feeling a bit rough, but only feels like a bad cold. Me, who historically has the worst of respiratory infections in our house (pneumonia as an infant, bronchitis through teens every year, heavy smoker), no jabs, barely even registered as a cold, light cough for a couple of days. And I kissed the Mrs when she was likely most contagious

Can’t stand the taste or smell of onions, which has gradually morphed into peppers and ginger now.

Weirdly with the poo thing, there’s was someone on here reporting the same. There’s definitely some correlation with the way receptors are affected

Murray

Has anyone had to wait longer than 72hrs for PCR?

My wife never got the result of her PCR by post

sobriety
    Free Member

My wife never got the result of her PCR by post

Neither did my fiance.

Yeah, she never received her previous postal (months ago) one either

BoardinBob

Ah well, here we go. Finally tested positive 4 days after the Mrs. No real symptoms yet but been doing twice daily LFTs. This morning’s was negative, the afternoon was positive. Just been for the PCR. At least the Mrs doesn’t have to hide in our bedroom alone now!

oikeith

Positive test here.

Wife is a teacher for reception class where one of a child’s parents and sibling tested positive and but said child and other parent didn’t, as per guidelines the other parent did daily LFT’s but didn’t test the child who went to school all week, negative parent after a few days failed a LFT, child and parent failed PCR.

Child in school has passed COVID-19 to my wife and 11 other children from the class. Same day as wife heard of childs failed PCR tested via LFT which was negative, then 2 days later failed a LFT and PCR.

I took a LFT same day as wifes positive PCR and was negative, 2 days later I took a PCR and was negative, took a LFT day after that and was negative then 3 days later I failed a PCR.

2 days after failed PCR for myself am now feeling quite rough with cold/flu like symptoms. We are both double jabbed.

Surprised me that it took so long for COVID to infect me and then for symptoms to show after the test.

BoardinBob

Day 3 since testing positive and it really kicked in overnight. 1st couple of days felt like a bad cold.

Fever kicked in during the night. Sweating buckets even without the duvet. Resting heart rate is up at 70 whereas my usual is low 50s. Massively fatigued and walking up the stairs has me gasping. Sense of taste and smell disappeared yesterday. Thankfully no cough but I’m extremely congested, sneezing constantly and have a lot of sinus pain.

The Mrs is on day 6 and she’s properly floored. I’m at least up and moving, she can’t get out of bed.

nickjb
    Free Member

Have just lost a friend to it. Pretty shit, but more so as he seemed to have beaten cancer a couple of years ago.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that nick. Sadly so did we. I just found out yesterday. He was early fifties and non-vaccinated.

Rich_s

If anyone is feeling really crap with a capital C, you can do worse than getting an oximeter from somewhere (prime, or friends) and keep an eye on your sats. If your symptoms get worse, being able to say O2 of ninety-whatever is going to be useful.

dantsw13

Nick & P7 – so sorry to hear that. As a nation we need to keep putting a human face on those statistics. Every number is someones friend or relative.

We got one of those Oximeters. They aren’t very accurate in absolute terms, so worth getting a baseline number whilst you are healthy. Mine, for example, never shows me higher than 92% saturation!

midlifecrashes

Finally tested positive on lateral flow and PCR yesterday after feeling bad since last Wednesday.

We’d had dinner on the previous Friday with some friends, one of whom developed a telltale cough during the evening, and tested positive the following day. Mrsmidlife was ill from the Monday, and PCR positive on the Tuesday, but had tested negative three times on LFT, so I got hold of a different batch of LFT and it showed a strong result, side by side with the other batch which still showed negative.

So far, much like a normal cold for me, with a bit more lethargy and fatigue. Little bit of chest pains, nothing drastic. Trying to avoid passing it to my kids now, but if we manage that, by my reckoning only need to isolate until the weekend. Fingers crossed.

bigjim

Team dinner Wednesday in trendy crowded restaurant, joking how it was a perfect covid spreader
    Started feeling ill Friday night
    Bad ‘cold’ on Saturday, lateral flow negative
    Email Sunday sayin positive PCR from someone on the team, slightly less snotty by then
    Positive lateral flow Sunday
    PCR test monday and just had positive PCR result today (Tuesday, I think it’s tuesday? What is time any more?)

Just like many above started with snotty cold with a hint of flu, thought was getting better as snot decreased, then sweaty, achey, fevery, absolutely exhausted, deaf as a post, no taste or small whatsoever except when crunching raw garlic, out of breath on stairs, very hard to sleep. Really surprised how bad I feel after being double pfizered in the summer. Breathing at rest is fine which is good. Colleagues going down like dominoes.

kimbers

So, as a twice-vaxxed, once Covid survivor, does that mean I can go clubbing and stuff? Not that I’m going to…

No!

I had Covid in January and it was 24hrs of unpleasantness, but by day 3 I was fine

I’m double jabbed – last dose in July

And on Sunday night came down with worst flu of my life,+ve lft that evening,
    my 4 kids now have it, but my wife who didn’t get in Jan but is also double jabbed keeps testing negative, my kids all pretty mild to varying degrees , bit of fever & snottiness

Meanwhile I’m on day 5 and while the fever has mostly gone, I have never felt this rough since I had suspected meningitis as a teen.
    I’ve not had a cough, just sore throat, tight chest & no loss taste or smell, by lethargy, aching limbs, hot n cold, headaches, congestion

Absolutely grim

I commute on busy trains to London every day- wonder if its omicron and is good at immune evasion, tho my wife still seems protected

Either way get your boosters!

kelvin

Really feel for those who’ve recently lost people. Thoughts with you.

fossy

Son has been coughing and sneezing badly all week. So far negative, but has been to the docs and has been given anti-biotics. MrsF sniffly with a bit of a cough – negative still – but having to WFH as the company lost a whole floor last week due to someone being in with a ‘cold’ that eventually turned out to be covid. Similar rules here – sniffles etc, then stay at home.

beamers

Count me in.

Daughter (S1) had a bad cold at the back end of last week, son’s class (P5) sent home due to high case numbers. Wife also a bit of a cold.

They had PCRs on Tuesday, results came back Weds, wife and daughter positive, son negative. I was negative on LFT (although feeling a bit coldy and achey) took a PCR Weds and a positive result back this morning.

No change in my symptoms – yet.

jimdubleyou

An update – I seem to be almost back to normal (bar taste / smell) 2 weeks after likely infection date.

Days 1-4 didn’t really feel bad, bit of a sniffle.
    Day 5, felt but bad, LFT immediately +ve mid-morning. Had fever in the night.
    Day 6 extreme fatigue, no smell / taste. PCR result +ve (unsurprisingly)
    Day 7 bit more fever, more fatigue.
    Days 8-9, no fever, bit of a cough can taste salt & feel chilli / heat.
    Days 10-11, less fatigued, worked from home with some longish breaks
    Days 12 – fatigue came back, stopped work early.
    Day 13/14 (today) – some taste is coming back a bit very low level fatigue. LFT yesterday still a slight +ve (quite feint took 15 mins to come out).

Mrs Dubs seems to have avoided infection, but we’ve been doing quite well isolating from each other in the house.

Last day of isolation is tomorrow.

BillMC

Double AZ jabbed and had the Pfizer booster yesterday. Felt cranky enough to take a LFT (neg) but feel shit today, can’t even face driving. Is this a good or a bad thing?

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 972 total)

The topic ‘Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?’ is closed to new replies.