Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 848 total)
  • Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?
  • Premier Icon carbonfiend
    Free Member

Feel like I’ve turned a corner today – had all the symptoms described particularly the fatigue and my lungs were really sore and one day coughed up a tiny bit of blood (rung docs they said its normal). This is a really informative & balance discussion about vaccines/viruses – didn’t know this but swab studies show 80% of infections are transmitted by 20% of the infected.

Premier Icon saintsludge
    Free Member

The 20% that are symptomatic

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I can’t prove it was me that gave them Covid, but the two colleagues I shared a van with for eight periods of ~5mins on the two shifts before I came home to my partner being symptomatic (continuous cough) on a Tuesday, both had to isolate with symptoms by Sunday. I had a splitting headache on the Saturday having isolated since the Tuesday, but was asymptomatic as far as the three “main” symptoms are concerned.

Nobody else at work developed Covid around that time, as far as we are aware.

Premier Icon Murray

The 3 main symptoms are bollocks if you’ve been vaccinated. Most other countries have updated their guidance e.g. USA CDC

• Fever or chills
    • Cough
    • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
    • Fatigue
    • Muscle or body aches
    • Headache
    • New loss of taste or smell
    • Sore throat
    • Congestion or runny nose
    • Nausea or vomiting
    • Diarrhea

If you feel ill with anything, best to get a test

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

I end my isolation at midnight tonight, and for the first time in a couple of weeks I actually feel something approaching “normal”. Sense of smell and taste are still missing, but I’m not falling asleep every time I sit down and the prospect of having to tie my shoe laces doesn’t make me think “I can’t be arsed”.

T&T called me again to say “goodbye” and said that many people thought that the loss of smell and taste was the worst bit. I replied that being dead was way worse in my opinion and the guy on the phone laughed.

Anyway. I seem to have come through this with nothing more than knackeredness and the inability to smell my son’s bedroom. Given the alternative I’ll take that as a win.

Take care everyone and get your jabs!

Premier Icon grum

If you feel ill with anything, best to get a test

+1

I was convinced I didn’t have covid because I had major snuffles/sneezes and I didn’t think that was one of the symptoms.

Premier Icon zippykona

Mrs Zip started coughing on Tuesday. It wasn’t until Friday that the tests proved positive.

Premier Icon grum

I end my isolation at midnight tonight, and for the first time in a couple of weeks I actually feel something approaching “normal”.

Good news! Mine ends tomorrow and I’m still knackered and taste only halfway back but doing ok.

I’ve felt better at points during the last few days but it’s made a bit of a comeback. My experience of post viral fatigue in the past says to not try and rush back into doing lots too soon.

Would agree with you there. I felt fine on Sunday, but did 90 minutes WFH yesterday and fell asleep watching the lunchtime news!

Premier Icon makkag
    Free Member

Came here looking for something like this –
    Was really ill last March/April for a few days and bounced back well, like a parting of the skies 4 days later and even went for a jog. Then fine till November when badly fatigued – put down to work stress no break etc but diagnosed with covid toes Jan so dr suggested long covid.

Then had a period of poor health including a very random eye ulcer – I don’t wear contacts they have put it down to herpes simplex (Because I am prone to cold sores with stress)

Anyway felt better again but now I am getting really fatigued in the day randomly and far more lethargic towards everything including work.

The weird thing is I can kind of get through it or avoid it by working out .. can feel ratshite but put my runners on and go do a fast 5k off the bat, Seems worst early afternoon – Is this just me getting older at 43 or is anyone seeing the same sort of thing?

It’s all rather odd for me and I’m sure there are plenty of factors in play here including a bit of burnout with the last 18 months, I’m usually so career and business-driven but am just posting it in at the moment ..

Sorry for the ramble on her but don’t really have anyone else that might understand really

Cheers

Premier Icon makkag
    Free Member

Thank you Carbon – interesting!

Premier Icon carbonfiend
    Free Member

@makkag maybe go through the process of elimination- you haven’t tested positive & there’s no evidence (at the moment) for the covid toes hypothesis then maybe look at your diet and sleep routine, alcohol intake and work life balance. Restart your exercise routine after a few days recovery and when u feel relatively fresh then measure it on day by day scale maybe look into using heart rate variability (plenty of free apps to use for this). ‘Burnout’ is a real possibility most of us can say our anxiety levels have been higher due to the world events recently. I use HRV as it not only gives me a physical read out taken form my HR every morning but also I can log my sleep/mood/muscle soreness/mental energy/ etc. I found this so valuable after my +ve covid result – I knew exactly when was the best time I could return to exercise. Good Luck.

Premier Icon zilog6128

The 3 main symptoms are bollocks if you’ve been vaccinated. Most other countries have updated their guidance

yup, have heard of people refusing to get tested because of government guidance, despite it obviously (including my own experience!) being WAY out of date with respect to whatever variant is currently doing the rounds. Just another thing to add to the **** up list…

Premier Icon myopic
    Free Member

@makkag

Anyway felt better again but now I am getting really fatigued in the day randomly and far more lethargic towards everything including work.

The weird thing is I can kind of get through it or avoid it by working out .. can feel ratshite but put my runners on and go do a fast 5k off the bat, Seems worst early afternoon – Is this just me getting older at 43 or is anyone seeing the same sort of thing?

That’s interesting. I’ve felt like that since my first vaccine. Really tired and lethargic, particularly early afternoon, but feel great if/when I lift myself and go for a ride/race (Zwift/IRL – doesn’t matter). My times good as well when I do. Then afterwards I feel wrecked again. Certain I have not had Covid (WFH with Mrs and neither of us go anywhere, take regular LFTs, don’t know anyone directly who has had Covid, etc). I’m 60 so been putting it down to age and just being worn out with all of the restrictions

Premier Icon grahamt1980

Well, made it 18 months without getting infected and thanks to Boris relaxing everything and school we now have it.
    Our 6 yr old and most of his class are out, i am waiting on pcr test but have the aching muscles, elevated heart rate, snotty nose and intermittent sore throat and a bad head.
    Thankful for the vaccine as this isn’t fun

Premier Icon grum

I’ve been feeling pretty much better and quite a bit more active with chores and driving kids to school recently (since quarantine period finished) and I feel like there’s been a bit of a comeback of the virus, or at least the post viral fatigue has ramped up again.

Feeling v tired, achey and fluey again today. Taste is kind of 60% back to normal I think.

Premier Icon winston
    Free Member

@grahamt1980

You are me. Been uber careful since it started, no eat out to help out, no foriegn travel, pretty much kept ourselves to ourselves, washed food and took huge precautions at work (no furlough for us, just taking up the slack) , got eldest (17) vaccinated as soon as we could – her choice.

Then the 14 yr old comes in with a positive test on Sunday night as she always tests twice a week and I got mine today. She can only have picked it up from school or possibly from a shop on the walk there or back or possibly the fair the previous week – who knows as its business as usual out there and masks are but a memory.

Still hopefully the vaccination will give me and probably my wife a lighter dose….I think this is going to rip now. During the last 18 months I didnt really know anyone who had had it, quite frankly probably because I live in a nice bit of East Sussex where we have all been able to easily take the precautions needed without it impacting hugely. My local area constantly came near the bottom of case numbers.

Now its a free for all and no matter how sensible you are its going to get you sooner or later. Just this week at least 5 people I know have got it.

I’m through it now, although taste is at 50% and smell at 10%. Have managed a couple of full days WFH (on Monday I had gone to bed by midday). Back in the office from next week.

Not fun, but not too bad either when you consider what has happened to many. Get your jabs kids!

Premier Icon grahamt1980

@winston
    To be honest we have been waiting for this to happen. The boy was really the only likely route in and with delta we were just waiting.
    Sounds like it has emptied his class though so hopefully some longer term protection, I’m just glad he seems to have had a mild dose, started Sunday and he seems to be on the way out of it now. Just us to go

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

Winston – sounds like you are near me. Im in Robertsbridge. My 13 y/o only had light symptoms for a day or so then a few days tired. Rother was almost Covid free for so long, with only 2 monster spikes – Alpha in January, then Delta.

Premier Icon zippykona

I dread to think what Mrs Zip would be like without the jabs. She’s been coughing for 10 days now, no appetite and zero energy. I was lethargic for 3 days and bit of a cough but hopefully well on the mend now.

Premier Icon winston
    Free Member

Yes my 14 yr old is (fingers crossed) pretty much back to normal and so far the only symptoms were a light flu and cough with a raised temp. We thought we might get away with it before my black line of doom this morning!

One thing though, on Tuesday I started sneezing uncontrollably from about mid day and didnt stop till I went to bed. Then yesterday I sneezed a lot mire than normal but not as bad as day before. I felt absolutely fine just couldnt stop sneezing. Then as soon as the positive test came and my nowflu symptoms the sneezing stopped completely.

Now if I was a virus and I wanted to evolve another transmission method…….that is pretty much perfect. Feel great, think you have some pollen or dust up your nose all the time you are covering every surface with a fine aerosol of virus.

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

Yep – I sneezed a lot too for a few days after my +ve PCR

Premier Icon zippykona

I tested positive 6 days ago and tested positive today.Everyone says you should book a PCR. What does a PCR test tell me that I don’t already know?
    Is it more of a tool to get a definite clear before going back to work?

Premier Icon grum

What does a PCR test tell me that I don’t already know?

Whether you’ve got coronavirus or not? The LFT is pretty unreliable.

Premier Icon oscillatewildly
    Free Member

update on me/mrs from 1 page back if interested

she tested positive tuesday 7/9 had a 2 days of feeling rough – bad headache, snots, sneezes, bunged up nose etc, slight tickly cough, then more or less felt ok by the friday the same week, so for her just a few days of cold type symptoms, she said she could have gone to work everyday bar 1 but if it was just a cold (and not known to be covid) she’d have muddled through the day

i went for a pcr on friday 10th as advised by T&T and came back negative – have since tested negative LFT everyday (as im in work too)

shes out of isolation period as of tomorrow – so looks (touch wood) like ive escaped it somehow, not sure how, doesnt seem any rhyme or reason – we have effectively lived on different floors of the house/bathrooms etc and not slept together since her positive, ive slept like a dream since 🙂 so not in a rush to go back hehe!

im sure ill get it at some point though – hopefully as mild as hers has been would be nice

other than that im glad she’s got it out of the way, after being a deputy head throughout covid and avoiding it in the dark days when they had no support what so ever and selfish horrible parents, it seems a silver lining she has come out of it unmarked

Premier Icon jam-bo

Now its a free for all and no matter how sensible you are its going to get you sooner or later. Just this week at least 5 people I know have got it.

and yet cases are down 22% week on week, admissions are starting to drop and deaths are levelling off.

obviously this is the nationwide picture but logically, its a infection spread by social contact, so if its in your social group then its going to feel like its all around you.

it rocketed here in the SW early august and is now receded to a 1/3 of that , in fact looking at the coronvirus dashboard, the trend for the SE is very similar.

Cases in South West | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

Cases in South East | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

Premier Icon grahamt1980

Am interested to see what happens over the next few weeks with schools returning in England

Premier Icon jam-bo

they’be been back nearly two weeks. wouldn’t you expect to see an associated rise in cases already?

Premier Icon grahamt1980

Certainly the start of it yes.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

What does a PCR test tell me that I don’t already know?

My understanding is that some sampling is done from positive PCR’s to further genotype it in order to track variants.

There’s proper sciencey info out there but this is an accessible version that I quickly found on googling

https://news.hackney.gov.uk/targeted-covid-19-variant-testing-taking-place-in-parts-of-dalston-and-shoreditch/

So getting a PCR done is still valuable whether it informs you further or not.

Premier Icon winston
    Free Member

“they’be been back nearly two weeks. wouldn’t you expect to see an associated rise in cases already?”

No, hasn’t been enough time for it to feed into the data yet  but its coming.

Premier Icon mattcartlidge
    Free Member

Eldest tested positive (PCR) on wednesday after a faint line on Lflow she did for school that morning so far rest of family negative, she’s just tired/headache with a bit of a cough, I think currently I know more people with covid than I’ve ever done family/friends/neighbours/work colleagues probably about 10 that I know of that have tested positive this week/last week.

Premier Icon grum

I think currently I know more people with covid than I’ve ever done

+1

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Free Member

I think currently I know more people with covid than I’ve ever done

Yeah us too.

But importantly I think, I don’t know of anyone who’s needed any sort of care.

I always thought it would end this way, Boris in England seems happy to open the ‘taps’ as wide as possible, hoping to close them if it starts looking like it will over-run the NHS, well he’s got shit form for acting before it’s too late.

In the other Nations we’re being slightly more cautious and here in Wales, numbers are slowly falling, or have been for a few days, it might be a trend, it might not be, in either case they say more than 90% of Adults here now have antibodies one way or another.

All this talk months ago that we could roll out the vaccine and achieve herd immunity, seemed unlikely to me at the time, and even less so now. As I’ve send before, we’ll all have to take our turn with Covid, my Son had it last week, I didn’t, despite living in the same house, didn’t touch me thanks to the vaccine, next time I might not be so lucky, but I think it’s inevitable that I’ll not only catch it as some point, but multiple times over the course of the rest of my life, each time and at some point, it simply won’t be a dangerous virus anymore.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

“they’be been back nearly two weeks. wouldn’t you expect to see an associated rise in cases already?”

No, hasn’t been enough time for it to feed into the data yet but its coming.

Leicestershire has 5 out of the Top 10 Covid areas, and the head of public health was on TV the other day saying it was because their schools went back early, plus out of school activities resuming.

Did 20k on the bike yesterday and that did me in for a few hours afterwards. First day back in the office after a week of WFH and I have to admit that I’m having a bit of a “wobble”.

Premier Icon ransos
    Free Member

they’be been back nearly two weeks. wouldn’t you expect to see an associated rise in cases already?

Six kids in my daughter’s class tested positive on LFT last week, then negative on PCR. Those same kids are now re-testing on PCR and are coming back positive.

My own PCR was negative yet I have nearly all of the symptoms. I went for a re-test today.

Premier Icon dc2.0

Well, I can now join the gang. Double (Pfizer) jabbed and think I caught it from a friend’s 8 year old son in Sheffield who tested positive a few days after I saw them but, had just started coughing the evening we met. 20% of the kids in my daughter’s year at school (Year 10) in Derby have it, as do 10 of their teachers. It’s running rife. So far for me just a head cold after first testing positive on Friday morning (LFT, *very* faint hint of a line, confirmed with a PCR on Friday afternoon) but I can feel a bit of chest discomfort starting. I had full-blown pneumonia once so really hoping to avoid that..

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 848 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.