Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 847 total)
  • Have any of us actually caught the Coronavirus yet then?
  • Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog

I’m considerably better than I was with long covid following on from probably moderate infection in March 2020. Start of the year I could still only walk around a football pitch, been back on the bike for a month or so and regaining fitness surprisingly quickly. Second AZ jab seemed to help a lot with exercise tolerance. Borrowing an e-bike – a 2017 Turbo Levo was brilliant for morale and building some basic fitness as was doing three moderate resistant sessions a week.

Still short of top-end, which is what you’d expect after over a year of deconditioning, but I can meander up the local steeps here on the edge of the Peak at a leisurely 140bpm. Plan is to give it another month of steadiness, then throw in some harder efforts and build a bit more top-end. Otherwise I still get a bit of PEM and shakiness if I overdo things slightly, but it’s like a shadow of what it was an short lived. And my left ear is till slightly weird and has annoying tinnitus, though that also seems to be fading gradually.

Hard to know if it was the vaccine or just time – or a bit of both along with a bunch of other stuff – and it feels like it’ll be a while before I’m back to normal, but feeling generally positive. Hope everyone else is doing okay – hang on in there, it does get better!

Premier Icon andyrm
    Free Member

Had a pretty nasty bout at the start of July (double jabbed with AZ but here in the Delta hotspot of Bristol) – brain fog cleared now but a 20 to 30 minute walk knackers me out, resting heart rate up in high 60s from 52/53 pre covid, and walking up stairs or even standing up too fast can skyrocket heart rate. Feels like I’m on a fraction of lung capacity and get occasional stabbing chest pains too.

Got an initial phone consultation with the doctor on Thursday so interested to hear what he says…

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Great to hear you sounding more positive BWD

Premier Icon TiRed

About the same, personally. Still no smell. Fatigue is a given. Chest pain at the bottom of the lungs. But a little better this week. I get knocked out by other bugs really hard and the lung pain comes back. No brain fog but then I never did have this. Loss of smell is not such a bad thing with an 11 week old puppy. I took low dose inhaled corticosteroid for a couple of months, stopped to look for resolution of symptoms. Now started back on it again. I’ve seen the consultant and a referral to the Long Covid clinic, but I think it will just be slow.

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog

Great to hear you sounding more positive BWD

Cheers fella. I’ve been incredibly fortunate in having a bunch of brilliant, supportive mates and above all, my partner has been incredible all the way through this thing. I don’t know how I’d have coped without her.

Maybe my cough is worse than it should be, but I’m a heavy smoker, so not sure (covid at Christmas, but not really ill)

The complete positive from it – I can’t smell shit (or maybe other bad smells, dunno). My own poo, trumps, cat poo, cow shit, none of it registers

Premier Icon TiRed

The complete positive from it – I can’t smell shit

This. Can’t smell puppy poo or my own. Or much else. But shit does not register. At all.

Premier Icon iainc

Wife and teenage sons all have it, positive tests on Friday. Boys not vaccinated, eldest (18) has been quite ill, like a moderate flu, youngest (15) no symptoms. Wife and I both had second jabs back spring, she is less ill than eldest boy, really a heavy cold and fever.

Positives based on PCR tests on Friday, I was the only negative, and am doing daily lateral flow tests, still negative. I think I had it back in March 20, though tested negative at that stage.

Premier Icon iainc

Well, wife and eldest not showing any signs of improvement yet, both sleeping 20 plus hrs a day, lots of coughing. Youngest has a bit of a new cough, nothing else, whilst I am merrily working from home and juggling everything else, including the puppy, in self isolation, and remain negative based on daily LF tests..

Premier Icon stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Ianc, we were similar. I was first to show symptoms and slept for a fortnight, wife tested positive had a sniffle (like hay fever) daughter (3)tested positive no symptoms and son (5) tested negative and showed no symptoms.

It’s all a bit random. Today is 15 days since fist real symptoms and i feel not bad at all. Smell is strange, almost a constant alkali smell but can taste evertyhing now and not caughed today.

You can easily see how people have had it and not realised. Wife would not have tested if I wasnt positive, she basically had a runny nose!

Premier Icon iainc

^^^ good info, thanks, and good that you are feeling a bit better. Wife has it in mind that she’ll be back at work (NHS Admin) on Monday – I’m not so sure !

Premier Icon doris5000
    Free Member

Good to see some of the fellow long-termers starting to improve a bit! We’ll get there 🙂

Iainc – you sound a bit like my wife, she escaped COVID when I had it (or at least, had it asymptomatically anyway). But since then she’s had to do all the housework while I flake out on the sofa with Long Covid! So watch out 😉

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

At work, we had our biggest outbreak/pingdemic by far last weekend, a colleague tested PCR positive and last I heard 25 out of ~150 staff have been isolating since. Cynical me doubts many of them if any have actually bothered getting their own PCR test, there’s certainly been no extra pings I’m aware of and I’d definitely expect there to have been including potentially myself. Before this pingdemic, the largest number isolating at one time I’m aware of was three including myself in March ’20.

I’ve not felt in good health since around last weekend with symptoms which could be Covid, but two RF tests have come back negative, for what an RF negative is worth. I’m reasonably confident I haven’t got Covid again, having shone a torch on my tonsils, which have grey patches on them.

First lurgy I’ve had since Feb, no idea who I got it from, I still wear masks indoors outside home.

The timing of all this is ironic, I was due to finally cross the Welsh border to stay with family for the first time in 13 months today, but once again it’s had to be postponed because understandably they don’t want my throat infection.

So now I’ve got the dilemma of whether it’s worth pestering my GP with an e- and phone consultation in case this infection is worth throwing antibiotics at, plus what to do until I go back to work on Tuesday.

Annoyed and mentally exhausted.

Premier Icon Pieface
    Free Member

We had a family weekend in Blackpool, went to the Pleasure Beach and Coral Island (Indoor Amusements) where there was no social distancing, little mask wearing and crowded in places with 100s of people. So far none of us have tested +ve on a lateral flow test. Both adults double AZ jabbed. So I’m beginning to think either the vaccine is working, the tests are rubbish, or the risk now is marginal.

Premier Icon zilog6128

So I’m beginning to think either the vaccine is working, the tests are rubbish, or the risk now is marginal.

I know a few people who’ve been doubled jabbed & still caught it, heard of loads more, but only a couple who’ve needed to be hospitalised. So I’d say definitely working, but doesn’t make you invincible!

Premier Icon Tom-B
    Free Member

My mum is double jabbed. She’s been taken into hospital with it this morning. Aged 63, none smoker/drinker….a bit over weight but not hugely.

Lateral flow is just a lottery seemingly…..I tested negative lateral.flow then positive on PCR….as did my Dad.

Premier Icon TroutWrestler
    Free Member

My youngest son has tested positive on Tuesday, following a family get together at the weekend. The agreement was LFT all round before and after. We certainly followed that and had all 4 negative on both occasions.

Brother in law and niece tested positive on Monday, apparently after someone at the summer club she was at tested positive last week but they “weren’t told”. Hmm.

Despite -ve LFT, my youngest tested positve via PCR on Tuesday. The rest of us -ve.
    We undertook further PCRs yesterday as we are contacts of our youngest.

He is confined to his room, or outside in the garden If the weather permits.

Being Scotland, if we test -ve on latest PCR, being double jabbed, we no longer need to isolate, although 7 yo will have the balance of the 10 days in his room. Only 214 hours to go….

Premier Icon theotherjonv

we all did lft’s at the weekend prior to a visit to my parents. Kids (17/15) both +ve, wife and I -ve.

We changed the day out to a trip to the local PCR site and got the same results.

Kids now isolating in rooms as much as possible, eldest has been ill with temp, headache and smell, nothing of note from the youngest. Not being over draconian as we believe it was about 5 days prior they were out together and got infected, and we haven’t got it in that time. We’re both double vaxxed.

Oddly – I had a cold about 4 weeks ago and a cough ever since which is common for me after a cold. No hint of it being Covid, and I believe my PCR would have shown positive even after this time if it was.

Isolation ends this Saturday midnight.

Premier Icon Coyote
    Free Member

So I’m beginning to think either the vaccine is working, the tests are rubbish, or the risk now is marginal.

Developed symptoms of variant, did a LFT, positive. Pretty much wiped out for 2 weeks. Thankful I’ve had the vaccine, AZ double jabbed, as I dread to think what it would have been like without it.

Premier Icon johndrummer

My band did a gig on Saturday – our first since December 2019.
    Monday night one of the guitarists came down with a cough & fever. Did LFT test, inconclusive so he went for a PCR test. Positive.
    Tuesday night I started with the same symptoms, so Wednesday I did an LFT test – negative. Today I got pinged so went for a PCR test. Same for MrsDrummer. Today I’m feeling a lot better, if this had been two years ago I’d have called it “manflu” & just got on with it.
    Double-jabbed with the AZ vaccine .

Premier Icon shermer75
    Free Member

The risk is a very long way from marginal, as the whole country is absolutely riddled with the virus right now. My money is mostly on the vaccines working, with a little bit of the tests being rubbish (especially the lateral flow ones)

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Partner’s locally living mum, sis and BIL now awaiting PCR tests/results after at least two of them have positive home tests. Partner had lunch with mum on Sunday, hopefully BIL is the first one infected of the three, reducing chance that we are incubating Delta in our household from them… I’m feeling drained enough with my throat infection!

Premier Icon paul0
    Free Member

We had a family weekend in Blackpool, went to the Pleasure Beach and Coral Island (Indoor Amusements) where there was no social distancing, little mask wearing and crowded in places with 100s of people. So far none of us have tested +ve on a lateral flow test. Both adults double AZ jabbed. So I’m beginning to think either the vaccine is working, the tests are rubbish, or the risk now is marginal.

Vaccine is undoubtedly working, but without wanting to be a doom-monger I don’t think you can draw too many conclusions from that one example. You could go back tomorrow and get a different outcome.

Having said that, are we pretty much at a point where things are “as good as they’re going to get”? High proportion of people recently vaccinated. So got to start getting on with things and accept some level of risk?

Premier Icon p7eaven
    Free Member

if this had been two years ago I’d have called it “manflu” & just got on with it.

Your test was negative, so it still is ‘manflu’, and you’re still getting on with it, right?

Premier Icon Kryton57

It is odd. I went out to a gathering in a beer garden last Friday. I spent the weekend with an underlying headache and felt “rough” Sunday to Tuesday although better from Wednesday. Yesterday I got an email stating one of our group tested positive on Monday. I took a lateral flow test last night which was negative. Also double jabbed.

Maybe proof I must be healthy I performed a scheduled cycle training power test last night and equalled my PB. That very rarely happens if you’re even slightly ill.

I can’t help having the underlying feeling that the vaccine has maybe fought it off.

we all did lft’s at the weekend prior to a visit to my parents. Kids (17/15) both +ve, wife and I -ve.

We changed the day out to a trip to the local PCR site and got the same results.

Kids now isolating in rooms as much as possible, eldest has been ill with temp, headache and smell, nothing of note from the youngest. Not being over draconian as we believe it was about 5 days prior they were out together and got infected, and we haven’t got it in that time. We’re both double vaxxed.

Oddly – I had a cold about 4 weeks ago and a cough ever since which is common for me after a cold. No hint of it being Covid, and I believe my PCR would have shown positive even after this time if it was.

Isolation ends this Saturday midnight.

Except it doesn’t. I can usually tell if I’m getting an infection, because my teeth ache, and that started on Weds night/Thurs am. Starting to feel rough yesterday and so did a LFT this morning. +ve, so now done another PCR as well, and in to another period of isolation. I think they might say until symptoms gone, or if it’s 10d from Thursday that’ll be next Saturday again.

I’ve cut the grass this morning and also some vigorous gardening (clearing some brambles and cutting a tree back) and I can’t decide if I’m a little short of breath now or not. We have a oxygen fingertip monitor that was 96 this am, will try again later. If I don’t make it, the axle adaptors for the front wheel are on a hook on my tool peg board…..

Premier Icon TroutWrestler
    Free Member

My youngest (7) tested positive via PCR on Tuesday for a contact on Sunday. Since Monday we have been doing daily LFTs on him.
    Monday – negative
    Tuesday – negative
    Wednesday – negative
    Thursday – positive- the line appeared quickly and was a distinct dark line at T.
    Friday – positive – the line was faint and only just discernable after 30 mins. C Line was normal.

We will test him again later. I am anticipating a negative via LFT.

The rest of us tested negative via PCR on Tuesday, then our Wednesday PCR showed negative for my wife and I but no result possible for the 10yo. He was retested on Thursday and returned a negative.

We were all tested again yesterday as part of the ONS Covid survey. We have had a lot of testing this week.

Premier Icon johndrummer

Your test was negative, so it still is ‘manflu’, and you’re still getting on with it, right?

Sadly not, LFT and PCR tests both positive. Symptoms started on the 10th so I have to isolate until the 20th.

Premier Icon stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I was pretty much better, still some slight smell issues but generally all good.

Woke up this morning with the worst sore throat i can remember, chesty caugh, headache, fatigue and its sore to eat.

I have barely seen anyone or been anywhere bar outdoor stuff like the park with kids.

Wonder if covid wrecks your immune system so really susceptible to new virus/infections?

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Tested +ve today.

Symptoms are a cough and banging headache.

Weirdly last night I was peeing every half hour and my nose was running like a tap, as if my body was trying to flush something out.

Meh.

Premier Icon garage-dweller

I have not long tested +ve.

Symptoms so mild (thanks to vaccine I expect) that I struggle to believe I’ve got it. The only “classic” I had was some coughing.

Since then slightly bunged up, occasionally sneezing (not unusual for me at this time of year) and intermittent coughing.

Restless and sweaty night’s sleep and my head is pounding. Chest getting a little tighter.

Still only feels like a “rotten cold”. Glad I’m vaccinated!

Premier Icon stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I now feel symptom free but my fitness and power are both in the bin. Been out for a few rides and really noticing struggling up parts I easy cleared before. Its a process!.

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

6 days of a head cold and a slight temperature last week so far.

Premier Icon swavis

My symptoms were a runny nose and an absolutely banging headache, then a general unwell feeling, like muscle aches and no energy. I lost the sense of taste and smell about 5 days after my positive test. It returned after a week so I guess I was pretty lucky.
    Just started my second week back at work after my isolation period and feeling a lot better now. Thank **** for vaccines!

Another odd symptom, that has now passed along with the headache, has been toothache. Not just on one tooth but on several. Weird.

Anyway, feeling a bit perkier now. Going to have a chip butty and an episode or two of Game of Thrones, then back to bed.

Another odd symptom, that has now passed along with the headache, has been toothache. Not just on one tooth but on several. Weird

I get that a lot; rather than feeling it in my bones I often get a dull general tooth ache as a precursor to a cold / viral infection. I figure it’s all in the sinuses and facial bone structure

Yeah, that would make sense.

Also, I’ve had to reschedule some theatre tickets and the rage induced by being on hold for 70 minutes at 7p/min listening to “light jazz” and messages about how my call is vital to them has perked me right up to near murderous levels. A cure?

Premier Icon njd187
    Free Member

My son and daughter had it and they both got toothache before testing positive. Wife and I both avoided it even though took five days for both to show positive after symptoms started.

Premier Icon johndrummer

An update – three weeks on & I’m feeling much better; aside from an occasional cough I’d say I’m pretty much back to normal.

Two weeks after my first symptoms, both of my cats started sneezing. They’re indoor cats so no chance of catching something from other cats. One vet said there was no advice from the government about transmission from human to felines; another vet said there is no chance of transmission.
    Big coincidence though.
    Cats are fine now

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 847 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.