Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Have a listen, make someone happy
  • seadog101

My Daughter has worked bloomin’ hard all year what with GCSE’s and all that.

Alongside those she and her band, The Friday Escape, have put together this EP – Better If You Stay as a first foray into the music world.

If you have a listen, it’ll make her dead chuffed. And make all those trips delivering and picking up from gigs and the studio worthwihle!!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Not my thing but sounds good, I don’t have time right now but I can offer some advice with regards to Soundcloud promotion.

toys19
    Free Member

I like this.

seadog101

Thanks Schrick.

They are hoping to get a few more tracks mastered and have a full CD’s worth of songs ready for the masses over the summer. Once that is done it’s hopfully going to find its way onto something like iTunes.

slowjo
    Free Member

Had a listen. 🙂

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Great stuff, you must be proud 😀

seadog101

Chuffed to bits TBH

toppers3933
    Free Member

a thoroughly nice listen. good work.

soundninjauk

I like the music, but if they’re going back to the studio then for the next tracks I think they can experiment with a bit more stereo width. Everything feels very centred, and it was in stark contrast to the track I paused on my iTunes.

For next time, I suggest that she grabs some headphones, and constantly switches between their EP and a commercially mastered CD, to give her a good idea of what to aim for.

Please take this as constructive, I enjoyed the music itself, and that’s the best place to start.

EDIT: You know what, it’s much much improved in the last track. Possibly because of a lack of drums.

Edric64
    Free Member

I like this its good im listening to it again now .Tell her and the band well done ! 😀

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

very nice on the ears that – good work!
    TM

mattyd
    Free Member

That’s great, well done them, and well done you as a, rightly, proud dad.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Like, Pass on some +ve feedback from me.

I was in the same boat when I was her age (GCSEs/A-levels and being in a band) We produced an LP when we were 18 and supported some decent bands (Feeder being the biggest.) I ended up going down the academic path to uni etc. but there is a part of me deep down that always wishes I had perused being a rock star! 🙂

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Seadog, love it! Its good 🙂

See the website and email in profile – could possibly do a little something…..

therealhoops
    Free Member

As a prof sound engineer of 20years I’d say it’s not a bad effort at all.

The maaahoooosive highlight is the girl who sings from 4’44”

I really like her voice.

More when you’re ready please.

john_drummer
    Free Member

not my cup of tea (I’m a sad old goth) but it’s certainly very well done; musicianship is waaaay better than anything I was involved in at that age (and a fair bit more since too!).

snare drum sounds a bit flat
    not much stereo width for the whole mix, but the mix itself is good to my drummer’s ears

Well done to The Friday Escape and good luck for the future

bearnecessities

I listened to that and ‘take me’; I will listen to the others now – very pleasant, easy listening.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Have a listen, make someone happy’ is closed to new replies.