Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Have 2.2 rubber queens changed ?
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Just bought a black chili RQ 2.2 on the recommendation of a mate. Having seen the 2.2 on other bikes I liked the look because of how big it was for a 2.2 and the 2.4 looked huge. Just mounted up the 2.2 tyre on my front wheel, and it looks positively skinny ! Weird I believed that it should be quite wide from what I have seen on others bikes. Wonder if mines a dud ?

13thfloormonk

Yeah, I think they’ve got skinnier, I bought some in Canada (called the ‘Trail King’ over here) and they definitely came up skinny. Took them back and swapped for 2.4s.

Was just lucky it was a shop that accepted returns on tires that had already been fitted, would have been seriously annoying if they hadn’t…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Really? Have some on back order.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ruscle
    Free Member

I thought this, got some 2.2 UST’s late last year and they are slightly smaller measured up against the ones they replaced. also weighed 100g less. Still an excellent tyre and fit better in the rear of my frame now.

hughjengin
    Free Member

In which case I was looking for a big fat tyre for the front, if anyone wants to buy ut , its theirs for 30quid posted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Have 2.2 rubber queens changed ?’ is closed to new replies.