Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Hatton comeback
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Not sure how I feel about this?

davidjones15
    Free Member

Derek?

Pigface
    Free Member

Brrrrrmmmmm tish 😆

MSP

I like the guy, but he clearly has demons addictions that meant he perhaps failed to fulfill his potential in his final fight, I wish him well, but fear this is a mistake.

Kryton57

I like the guy, but he clearly has demons addictions that meant he perhaps failed to fulfill his potential in his final fight, I wish him well, but fear this is a mistake.

Are we talking about Hatton or Flintoff now Monkey? 😀

slowmart
    Free Member

“Brutal honesty. Money is not an issue. It is about personal pride, self-respect, and redemption.”

Let’s hope he can find peace after this.

DezB
    Free Member

He’s taking a bit of a safe route… after Malignaggi, who can’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag, and yet,stopped Hatton’s opponent…hmm.
    Still Ricky has only been beaten by the very best, Mayweather and Pacquiao, so he might have something.

ps. what tv channel is it on?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

The official actual best night of my life ever was Hatton- Mayweather, even though he did get a doing.

I hope he can end the way he wishes, not in a literally bloody coma.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

this is not good– tailing off like a duff firework– self respect??

chojin
    Free Member

As DezB asked – anyone know what channel it’s going to be on?

bigyim
    Free Member

its on box office I think

chojin
    Free Member

Primetime PPV (Sky Ch. 498) £14.95 – after a bit of googling!

Hmmmm… is it worth it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Feel sorry for him absolutely outstanding but not quite exceptional as shown when he met the very best

Some folk dont now when to let it go/retire and I fear he is one of them

He cannot fight for ever and he needs to find his redemption without his fights and or public adulation

Fighting a not even has been as well

DezB
    Free Member

chojin – Member
    Primetime PPV (Sky Ch. 498) £14.95 – after a bit of googling!

Hmmmm… is it worth it?

£15?! for a non-title, comeback fight against a nobody?! is it worth it?! Is it fu

djflexure

I got the feeling listening to him today that it would be light relief for him to be boxing again. Sounded a bit dark, as if he had no care for the consequences. Seemed like he would be fighting balls out. Might be worth a look.

davidjones15
    Free Member

They’re off.

TimP
    Free Member

And? Must be 2 rounds in by now?

djflexure

Sounds like a good atmosphere

bigG
    Free Member

so can we discuss the outcome yet?

deviant
    Free Member

Sad end. The state of his face should tell him it’s time to stay retired this time.
    A bitter irony that a peach of a body shot did for him, he’s won so many fights himself with those shots.

Yes bigG – what happened?

Anyone who wants to watch it tomorrow, shouldn’t open the thread.

bigG
    Free Member

He has to know that he’s past it now. He was outclassed.

Tis ok, I found it on the interweb – damn the Sun for putting spoilers out.

Not exactly an unexpected result

RustySpanner

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Yes bigG – what happened?

Anyone who wants to watch it tomorrow, shouldn’t open the thread.

Yep, they’ll know not to open it because the title mentions spoilers.
    😐

Just selfish.

tails
    Free Member

Sad to see anyone like that on tv, almost in tears. I reckon he should carry on but have the decency to tell sky to f off with their ppv.

He was past it last time, losing a few pounds wasn’t going to make it any different

Rusty Spanner – Member

Just selfish.

Really?

matt1986
    Free Member

He wasn’t outclassed by any means he was ring rusty he should of took an 6 or 8 rounder with a domestic fighter first it’s hard after over 3 years out to come back with your timing and ring craft still there. He still needs to learn to keep his hands higher and move his head now he’s older he can’t be taking so many shots. What a body shot too finish though

RustySpanner

Yes, really.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Agreed. Why should someone have to avoid the banter of the whole forum because they want to avoid the results? Spoiler in the title makes everything clear and allows peeps to enter a thread on the build up and general chat.

damn the Sun for putting spoilers out.

The Artist secretly agrees too.
    The guy needs to sort his life out, Duke McKenzie hit the nail on the head. If the guy is a millionaire, he has a good base to start moving on. Good luck fella.

What a body shot too finish though

Rather him than me. Oof!

Bregante

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Yes, really.

Really really?

nealglover
    Free Member

The thread was started yesterday before the fight had halpened to discuss it, how would the OP know there would be spoilers.

If I was wanting to watch the Hatton fight tomorrow and didn’t want to know the result.

I wouldn’t be stupid enough to open a thread with the title “Hatton Comeback” after the fight had started.

Regardless of the fact there is no mention of spoilers.

deviant
    Free Member

Always amusing that people read a thread titled Hatton Comeback and then get annoyed that the result is being discussed….what were you expecting in here?….you know, just after the fight has finished?

RustySpanner

I couldn’t care less about the result.

I just think that not giving a crap about spoiling others enjoyment is selfish.

Not really difficult to start a new thread with ‘spoiler alert’ in the title is it?

Just saying.
    As you were.

athgray
    Free Member

I have no sympathy with people who think this thread should say “contains spoilers”. If I didn’t want to know how the fight went, the last thing I would do is open a thread titled “Hatton Comeback” that had quite clearly been updated both during and after the fight.

Moaners in moaning shocker!

deviant
    Free Member

Apparently it’s selfish….i’ll console myself with the fact they must be stupid though.

nealglover
    Free Member

Apparently it’s selfish….i’ll console myself with the fact they must be stupid though.

Really stupid.

butcher

Wooooohoooo, Hatton won!!! Excellent.

There, that should re-address the balance. Did he, or didn’t he? No one knows.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Hatton comeback’ is closed to new replies.