• This topic has 83 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • hate to say it but, almost too hot to ride
  • rOcKeTdOg

Sat at 2nd café in 10 miles for 2nd cuppa of the ride, must be pushing 30 degrees already. Loving it though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Try water not tea and get out there

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s never too hot. I’m very excited for my ride in to work tomorrow and Friday and my play on the mountain bike tonight.

rOcKeTdOg

Water? I’m having trouble resisting the vast amount of fried goods everyone around me is scoffing.

4G signal isn’t helping to motivate me to leave yet either

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Let me know when it actually gets warm 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Compared to the last 4 summers this is the apocalypse

ahwiles
    Free Member

start your rides at 6pm, it’s lovely!

z1ppy

mikewsmith – Member
    Try water not tea and get out there

as tea is just “flavoured water”, that’s a misleading statement, most drinks are as effective at hydrating you as water.
    The myth that the tea or coffee causes more harm due to diuretic’s or caffine, is just that a myth.
    Just drink lots of anything to stay hydrated (responsibly kids)

smartay

Where are you, Egypt 😀
    😀

mt
    Free Member

Get back to the winter rocket, how dare you say it’s almost to hot! It’s bloody great, it’s even warm at Tan Hill.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Never too hot to ride. Never too cold to ride. There is a crap wet, murky, 8 degree bit in the middle which is just meh though.

rewski
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s cool and shady in the woods.

wwaswas

It’s cool and shady in the woods.

+1

clunker

Next stop must deserve a cold beer.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

as tea is just “flavoured water”, that’s a misleading statement, most drinks are as effective at hydrating you as water.
    The myth that the tea or coffee causes more harm due to diuretic’s or caffine, is just that a myth.
    Just drink lots of anything to stay hydrated (responsibly kids

Tea is usually drunk hot; water cold. It’s a small point but significant.

singletrackmind

Just dripped my way through 90 mins on the turbo ( broken atm )
    Its hideous , in the garage with the fan on and no real breeze.
    Surrounded by all manner of bicyles and windsurf equipemnt , none of which is seeing much action.
    And my plaster cast thingy is baking hot and I have to wrap it in glycol gel pack to cool it down.
    6 days to go, then it will rain .probably.

Keva
    Free Member

there’s a 75yard outdoor pool ten minutes across town from here, that’s where I’m heading to after work.

banks
    Free Member

I’ve never ridden so much! Just slow it down & visit more pubs : ) although one hike a bike ride did have an average speed of 1mph

z1ppy

Tea is usually drunk hot; water cold. It’s a small point but significant.

hot drinks cool you down…

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve never ridden so much!

Same here, I’m making the most of it riding every day, I know I’d only regret not doing so when the weather returns to normal!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the point about the tea was to move on from the beverages, fill up your water and get on the bike.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Keva – Member
    there’s a 75yard outdoor pool ten minutes across town from here, that’s where I’m heading to after work.
    POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

How many other people have that idea?….

johnellison
    Free Member

Cobblers. I have personal experience of dehydration and cramping caused by drinking very strong coffee to excess. Not pleasant.

jekkyl

I’m riding every night while the weather’s good, how can you not, it’s farking glorious. The wife’s forgotten what I look like.

jes
    Free Member

With two weeks holiday it’s been awful ……. had to have two ice cold pints mid ride last week.
    Tried an evening ride last night to avoid the heat …….. awful, couldn’t see the trails for the sunshine glaring into my face.
    Dry dusty trails everywhere, even in the forest, worst two weeks of my life 🙂

banks
    Free Member

I was brushing dust off my teeth yesterday 😀 need to stop grinning like a loon

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Been riding plenty here, although more road than off-road the last couple of weeks. Mainly because the beach is 20 miles away and getting there and back with time for a swim is more achievable by road. The canoe has seen a bit of use too.

OCB
    Free Member

No ‘almost’ about it for me, trying to do anything(1) in this is ridiculous.

I rode back from taking the truck in for an MOT/service this morning and those 9k felt like the one of longest rides of my life, and that was at half-eight in the morning.

Late September/October can’t come soon enough for me. 👿
    (Although that said … I’ve not got this years firewood ordered in yet).

IainAhh
    Free Member

Splendid here.
    Just been for a ride this morning up Dumyat near Stirling.
    Car reading 24oC. Nice breeze, hazy sunshine. Very dry and dusty. Sweaty but great fun.

steviecapt
    Free Member

NAH, love it lol, did 160 miles last week, but i have the option to ride in the morning, not so warm then, just a matter of dodging all the nutters walking their dogs off the leads on the bike paths, right next to a large open field,they amaze me these so called responsable dog owners, instead of walking their dogs off the lead in a perfectly good field, they choose to walk them down a bike track, common sense obviously isnt one of their strong points, and before peeps start criticising, im a dog owner and lover, but i would rather walk my two dogs in a field, rather than on a bike path, ive got more respect for my dogs, than to endanger them on a bike path.

grum
    Free Member

Went out riding in Hebden Bridge on Sunday and got really hot and bothered one on really brutal road climb. It’s still amazing to have such weather though – everywhere looks stunning at the moment.

Early morning or early evening are the best temps for riding – sadly I’m really busy at work at the mo and probably won’t get much time until August – just hope it holds out.

chives
    Free Member

Off to Uzes in France for hols shortly – it’s about 10 – 12 degrees warmer than home at the mo. That’ll feel ‘hot’.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Utterly boiling here in That Landarn,

Off to Wood Wharf (Canary Wharf) again into the Fan Park to watch this afternoons TdF…

Don’t drink beer RocketDog, wrong thing to do, specially in this heat and blazing sunshine.

Take care out there 😆

globalti
    Free Member

Off to Paris Saturday to watch the end of the Tour then Monday to Corsica for a week of snorkelling and good food. It will be warm but I’ve blown 25 years of Starwood hotels points on 2 nights in the Prince de Galles hotel in the Avenue George V, so the AC ought to be good.

stumpy01

Blimey!

The only time I’ve thought it is actually too hot to be riding was a few years ago with Ciclo Montana in July; but it was hitting 42deg. C.

Still enjoyed it, but it was flippin’ hot!

TooTall
    Free Member

It’s funny being somewhere hot and sweaty and reading about the UK being hot and sweaty. We had a thunder storm yesterday evening that rained so hard I couldn’t see the markings on the road, there was that much water coming down that hard.

cookeaa

I was riding home Yesterday, Breathing in the Air felt Hot, it was like sitting in a Sauna and taking massive lung-fulls…

I got home having drained every last drop from my bottle, and I was just saturated with sweat…

It’s Absolutely brilliant IMO! I much prefer this “Too Hot” weather to our standard cold and/or damp conditions… Stop whinging go for a ride get heat stroke!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Don’t drink beer RocketDog, wrong thing to do, specially in this heat and blazing sunshine.

Oi! You! Out! Now!

Never heard such nonsense! 8)

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

My problem is that I sweat like a pig whatever the temperature.
    In these conditions though, it’s impacting how far I can go as I just can’t get enough water and electrolyte in.
    eg. Last Saturday was only about 5 hour/25 miles and less than 1000m climbing but I still went through 3 litres and suffered cramp later that evening.
    Anything above about 15 degrees is getting a bit too warm for my liking.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘hate to say it but, almost too hot to ride’ is closed to new replies.