• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hatchbag Boot liner
  • stox
    Free Member

Any STW users of these? Worth the money?

Just got a new car and I some good car boot protection.
    We just had a plastic boot mat in the previous car and while it kept the boot carpet area clean, the dog hair down the sides and on the back of the seats got a bit out of hand.

I want something that’ll pretty much cover the boot floor, sides and the seat backs and these seem to get Very good reviews.

onehundredthidiot

Definitely a fitted one. Got one a few months ago. Much neater and the bumper protector really helps too.

DezB
    Free Member

I got an unbranded one off ebay, had velcro to hold it in place, shaped to fit the Passat, worked perfectly and was tough enough.
    Stopped caring about my car and it’s in the garage somewhere. Can’t see the point of paying hatchbag prices for something thats just to stop dirt. But folk love to spend their cash… 😉

clubby

I have one.
    If you plan keeping the car a few years they a well worth it. Last one I had I sold for half of what I paid for it, so didn’t really cost me much.
    Bumper flap and rear seat splits are worthwhile extras.

stox
    Free Member

The hatchbag kits are expensive I don’t deny that. There’s plenty on amazon for around £25 – some with good reviews, some not so.

What I’ll say about the Hatchbag is they look pretty neat if fitted correctly since they’ve been designed for specific models.

Will a universal fit Amazon Job look as neat – Maybe, maybe not…

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds like you just want people to say “Yes, they’re great. Worth every penny”. So you can ignore my post. Cheers!

stox
    Free Member

DezB not sure why you’ve got your knickers in a twist but that’s not want I want people to say, but if they do say that then I’ll take it onboard. Generally the opinions on here are worth listening to.
    I’m aware there are cheaper options and if they do a good enough job I’ll be looking at them.

Clearly the hatchbag is not for you at that price and as you’ve said, you don’t care about your car.
    I do and that’s why I’m looking at them.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Had one in the current car for a bit over a decade. Does what it says on the tin. The only slight fly in the ointment is that mine is cut for “seats up” and if you tie that panel to the headrests the way you’re supposed to, the seats won’t fold nicely. I replaced the ties with a continuous length of bungee and it all now works properly, albeit a little saggy with the seats up.

clubby

Rhino boot liners are also good but a bit cheaper than Hatchbag. Not quite as thick as Hatchbag but fit well. Mate had one for his Volvo and it worked great.

ansdy

We bought a hatchbag liner for my wife’s car. For me it was important to get a non woven fabric. Anything with a weave makes it nearly impossible to remove dog hairs unless you pick them out individually!!
    I’m sure other liners do the same job but it was their material that sealed the deal for us.

luket

I bought a hatchbag and sent it back because there had been a change to the car design which made it fit poorly. Don’t suppose it was their fault per se but they were good for the return, bearing in mind they manufacture to order and it’s an uncommon car. Bought a Rhino instead (simply because they had the fit I needed so this is not a recommendation for them over hatchbag) and it’s a decent bit of kit. No complaints there. Loads of options for extra bits for when you put the seats down etc etc. although I’m too lazy to faff with Velcro to link it all together in those situations.

rickon
    Free Member

Yes, they’re great. Worth every penny

This.

I’ve had two, they’re pretty indestructible, pedal pins, fox poo, they just hose down. They’re a really good fit and very well made.

I’ve got a BMW 3-series one of you need it 👍👍👍😁

eskay

I had one for my old Mondeo estate, fitted perfectly and allowed the seats to be folded down. Sold it on when I changed the car for not that much less than I paid for it.

lotto
    Free Member

I got one after recommendations on here. Fantastic. Like a thick Ortlieb material. Easy to sponge down and dry or brush out, whatever you fancy. Very hard-wearing.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Got one in the back of my estate. Quick and Easy to pull out,hose down, refit. We have two long haired dogs who like mud and are passionate about badger poo.

I should really have gotten something similar for the drivers seat. The driver is quite fond of biking in Scotland and is often too lazy to change at the end of a ride.

stox
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Anybody any experience with the boot-buddy?

Looks like a box you just slide in and out of the car … for the odd occasion I need to use the rear two seats in the car it’d be a lot easier than removing a hatchbag I imagine. not sure how close a fit they are though … don’t really want dog hair getting down the sides.

rickon
    Free Member

boot-buddy?

After researching the Boot-Buddy it’s a worse option. Slidy.

for the odd occasion I need to use the rear two seats in the car it’d be a lot easier than removing a hatchbag I imagine

It’s dead quick to remove the hatchbag, there’s a couple of velco ties around the headrests, and the rest you just pull out in a one-r. Takes about 20 seconds.

I’d stop procrastinating and buy the Hatchbag 🙂 There’s other options, but it’s one that’ll last longer than the car and does what you need, and very well.

thebibbles

Another vote for the hatchbag. I’ve had mine for the last 3 years and it seems pretty bullet proof when attacked by bikes/kids/dogs and trips to the local tip. A quick wipe down and it’s clean again.

lawman91

Slight thread hijack! Anyone know if the extended plus version of the Hatchbag covers the back of the front seats like the Rhino ones? Looking at one of either for my new car, already have one of the rare Duff Monster bags and a set of wheel bags but want to go full belt braces for car protection as I completely blew the budget and want to keep it looking the way it looks now!

thebibbles

The plus version doesn’t, you need to add on the bootliner extension which is about £30 more.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Hatchbag, expensive, yes, worth it, yes, they just fit and work. Had one in the previous estate for 7 years because dogs and bikes. Got another one for the current estate from ebay. Well worth it.

Also, in other ‘expensive but worth it’ news, Travall boot dividers & dog guards.

For skinflints, all of the above can be sold on for reasonable money when you’ve finished with them.

Alex

Anybody any experience with the boot-buddy?

I had one. It was a bit of a faff to slide it with seats down but it did work. Eventually I just used the ‘boot’ part and covered the seat backs with old sheets. Very tough tho, 3 years of bikes and dogs in there with no issues.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hatchbag Boot liner’ is closed to new replies.