Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Has there ever been a more abject failure as a politician? Just go FFS!
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Every time I hear him whining on the radio and being an utterly useless vascilating waste of space I just wish Corbyn would #$/&* off and let someone slightly competent take charge.

The fact that he’s been given the Tory party’s head on a plate over the last years and still utterly failed to make anything whatsoever from it astounds me.

How indescribably bad do you need to be to look bad alongside May…

God how I wish the grown ups would come back again and take charge.

tjagain

Who? The only one who has anything to offer is Starmer and all he has is a bit of gravitas and a forensic mind. Very inexperienced tho and his actually position on things is not well known.

go on – who would you rather have as labour leader? there is not one bar Starmer that would increase my chances of voting for them and even with him I would want to know a lot more about his political position.

easily
    Free Member

I’d offer up Theresa May and Dave Cameron just from the last few years.

bigblackshed

David Lammy for labour deputy. For leader it would have to be Starmer.

Unfortunately Lammy hasn’t had the exposure as a front bencher and for the Neanderthal voters he’s the wrong colour.

whitestone
    Free Member

From day one of his tenure as Labour Party leader he’s just given off the air of incompetence. Completely out of his depth.

Who to replace him? Maybe Yvette Cooper. Starmer’s a possibility, for the moment at least he’s straightforward and not as evasive as many.

matt_outandabout

Has there ever been a more abject failure as a politician?

Chris Grayling

binners

He’ll hang around like a bad smell for years, seeing if he can get labour polling in single figures, while faced with the most incompetent and useless government in British political history

Faced with an open goal he’ll spoon it into Row Z every single time!

Any opposition worth the name would be looking at a Blair style landslide if there were a general election face with this shambles. Not with Magic Grandad at the helm though. he’ll somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as a matter of course

The bad news is that he was elected by the sixth formers and three quid trots who colonised the party, so when he finally goes he’ll get to anoint his successor, Soviet style

All hail to Reg!

His disciples will be along soon to tell you that you’re wrong, you’re a capitalist stooge and you believe everything you’re spoon-fed by Murdoch. The revolution is just around the corner apparently comrade.

binners

If Yvette Cooper had been leader over the last few years then this country would be in a very, very different, considerably better place now.

tjagain

Cooper – a total anathema to much of the labour electorate. Sorry no way on earth could I vote for a labour party with her as leader. Unless she changes her spots completely and of course that makes her untrustworthy.

I voted labour for 30 + years but stopped a decade ago due to their antics in Scotland. Cooper to me is all thats awful about modern politics. A follower not a leader, not an orginal idea in her head. No experience of real life, never had a proper job. Disgusting behaviour over expenses bordering on illegal.

tjagain

If couper had been leader the labour party would be dead.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

So TJ, Starmer has the main qualities needed to be a PM? Gravitas and thus the ability to lead and a deep understanding of the subjects that present themselves to him?

So everything that is missing in Corbyn.

binners

If cooper had been leader the labour party would be dead

Instead of the all-conquering political force it is today, as it sweeps to power?

I’ve got items of furniture with more political nouse than that bearded imbecile

Sorry no way on earth could I vote for a labour party with her as leader

Don’t you vote SNP anyway?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

go on – who would you rather have as labour leader

Binners by the look of things

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d actually vote for Binners.

dissonance

I’ve got items of furniture with more political nouse than that bearded imbecile

Have you thought of getting their advice next time you come up with one of your predictions? Might save you from yourself.
    Cooper would have been massacred in the right wing press, unless she bent to their whims, with amongst other things her rather unpopular husband as a handy target. Her delivery is also pretty piss poor so would have balanced out maybots inability in that area.
    You are right things would have been different though since the Maybot would have probably been able to push her bonkers policies through with a majority. I say probably since its unclear whether the brexiteers would have had the balls to rebel if she hadnt lost the majority.

dissonance

Binners by the look of things

I believe to be the Labour party leader you actually have to bother joining them.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Corbyn was probably the right person at the time, but he wore out his welcome somewhere between A50 and 2017. He needs to go now

binners

Evening comrade

Ah yes…. all hail the legendary ‘membership’ and their excellent decision making, which if grandad doesn’t agree with he just ignores. Yay for ‘party democracy’ and common-room level gullibility!. Everyone’s rushing to join that particular club nowadays 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KvKjku]Ernie-iphone[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

I miss Ernie 🙁

nicko74

I mean, Pol Pot was pretty bad. He killed lots of people directly, and hundreds of thousands more indirectly, and had no clue how a country works.

But if you’re using him as a defence that “hey, could be worse!” you’re probably not in a good spot. JC’s antics are enough to make you wonder if he’s a stooge, inserted by the Tory party solely to keep themselves in power…

jeffl

As people have said. Corbyn really should be too of the polls based on the competition. However he’s not a politician, he’s too principled and the concept of altering his stance to get votes is a foreign concept to him.

tjagain

Nope Binners – never voted SNP in my life. Lifelong labour voter since the 70s who stopped voting labour due to their disgraceful behaviour in holyrood and the “leadership” of Murphy

I’d love a reason to go back to Voting labour. Corbyn brought me close. cooper would mean no labour vote from me.

She is everything thats awful about modern labour politicians

She is corrupt, has no idea about real life and IMO should ( along with loads of others) have been kicked out of parliament for fiddling expenses.

Its all about money and power to her. Nothing about the wee people.

tjagain

Aye Rayban — the antics of the labour right have tainted him irretrievably unfortunatly. Spending 3 years breifing against your party leader and attempting to usurp him has left the tory press and its stooges too much ammunition. Look at how binners has lapped it up 😉

binners

I do wonder if magic grandad is even going to get the chance to whip his MPs to abstain on Mays Deal, so he continue his 100% record of supporting Brexit at every important juncture since he called for Article 50 to be triggered the morning after the referendum.

He’s going to be gutted if his Brexit-enabling plan gets scuppered by the Tory party of all people

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

, has no idea about real life

Not like Saint Jez with all his worldly experience amirite?

alanl
    Free Member

The most miserably bad Government in my history (possibly equalled by Jim Callaghan), and the opposition still cannot get ahead in the opinion polls.
    They should be 10 or more points ahead now, yet cannot even get a consistent lead.

I really hope the Brexit party sweep the elections tomorrow, to give the 2 main parties the kick up the backside they need, though I think they’ll both just shrug it off and carry on as they have been doing.

molgrips
    Free Member

The fact that he’s been given the Tory party’s head on a plate over the last years and still utterly failed to make anything whatsoever from it astounds me.

Hmm I don’t think you are thinking very carefully about this. You’re like an armchair football fan going ‘PASS IT! SHOOT! WHAT’RE YOU DOING?’ without any deep knowledge of the game.

The most miserably bad Government in my history (possibly equalled by Jim Callaghan), and the opposition still cannot get ahead in the opinion polls.

It’s because the issue that is **** up the Tory party is also **** up the Labour party in the exact same way.

binners

I can’t believe anyone is remotely surprised he’s turned out to be as utterly clueless as he’s turned out to be? Plumbing new depths of political incompetence. It’s not like we’d not been given fair warning. He should never have been near the leadership as he’s so completely unsuited to anything more intellectually challenging than turning up at a demo to wave a Palestinian flag outside the Israeli embassy

I think of him like the X Factor competitor who’s so comically awful that the public keep voting him through just to annoy Simon Cowell and have a bit of a giggle every week at their ham-fisted attempts to appear credible

Basically, Jezza is the political equivalent of Wagner…

… only lacking the self-awareness to realise he’s the comedy turn

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hmm I don’t think you are thinking very carefully about this. You’re like an armchair football fan going ‘PASS IT! SHOOT! WHAT’RE YOU DOING?’ without any deep knowledge of the game.

It’s because the issue that is **** up the Tory party is also **** up the Labour party in the exact same way

Gotteradmit dat true.

mlbaker
    Free Member

When JC first came on the leadership scene I like many younger voters felt, naively perhaps, that he was different by being trustworthy and some of his policies resonated with me.

Now with Brexit he’s complicit in the failure that has become and Labour offer me nothing as a voter so I’ll be voting Green again

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Chris Grayling

I detest/despise ALL politicians equally, but that **** more than others.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m sure he won’t even consider stepping down, even when they’re handed their arses tomorrow.

Nope it’s be Him, Diane Abbott and half a dozen of the most devoted Momentum members left in the Labour HQ shed at the end of his allotment furiously debating the most fair way to decide who gets to shot the others before turning to gun on themselves.

jeffl

The whole European election is a cluster ****. Basically if you want to leave Europe you have one party to vote for, Farage and his cronies. If you want to stay in Europe you have a number of parties to split your vote across.

Interestingly we’ve had two flyers through for the Brexit Party and UKIP, much to my wife’s annoyance. Nothing from the traditional parties, it’s like they can’t even be arsed.

I’d like to vote green party but will have to tactically vote for the Lib Dems being a remainer.

fatoldgit

Opened this thread expecting it to be about Teresa Won’t go…….
    But in answer to the OPs question I would suggest you just need to look at the Tory party for a whole raft that seem far worse than JC
    May doesn’t seem to have a clue
    BoJo just stitches up anyone who may get in his way
    The ERG lot just don’t want to support anything, even the things they don’t realise they actually do want
    And don’t start me on the wanna be politician Nigel not far enough away Age

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Opened this thread expecting it to be about Teresa Won’t go…….
    But in answer to the OPs question I would suggest you just need to look at the Tory party for a whole raft that seem far worse than JC
    May doesn’t seem to have a clue
    BoJo just stitches up anyone who may get in his way
    The ERG lot just don’t want to support anything, even the things they don’t realise they actually do want
    And don’t start me on the wanna be politician Nigel not far enough away Age

^^^^^^ THIS +1 ^^^^^^^^

P-Jay
    Free Member

Opened this thread expecting it to be about Teresa Won’t go…

That too, but despite all this Labour are behind the Tories in the polls.

nick1962
    Free Member

I really hope the Brexit party sweep the elections tomorrow, to give the 2 main parties the kick up the backside they need, though I think they’ll both just shrug it off and carry on as they have been doing.

Hey Rip Van Winkle whadda ya think happened in 2014? That particular Euro electoral kick up the backside led to the Tories putting a Euro referendum in their manifesto and look where that got us.

fatoldgit

Opened this thread expecting it to be about Teresa Won’t go…

That too, but despite all this Labour are behind the Tories in the polls.

Except they aren’t 🤔
    Nearly all recent polls for the eu vote tomorrow put labour in the mid teens % of the vote and the Tories in high single figures .
    And the story isn’t much different if asked about intentions if it was a general election ☹️

SaxonRider

As someone of the liberal persuasion, I sincerely wonder if this isn’t the great Lib Dem moment in the UK. I mean, the UK has always struggled with issues of class, but now that old divisions are breaking down with new, unintentional alignments between people like McCluskey and Rees-Mogg, Corbyn and Banks, mightn’t mean that there is room for the Lib Dems to be the sole genuinely liberal party on the scene?

P.S. In answer to the OP’s question: I honestly think that May and Corbyn are running neck and neck.

binners

The Labour Party will get hammered tomorrow, along with the Tories. And like the Tories, Brexiteer Corbyn, Seamus, Dianne and Len will ignore all the remain-voting former labour voters leaving in droves to the Lib Dem’s and the Greens.

Instead, like the local elections, they will interpret it as a vote to get more Brexity, because that’s their natural instinct

Chasing the votes of Brexit people who’d Never vote for them in a million years anyway

How would you like your far-right racist Brexit sir? With a side-serving of Marxism?

Absolutely ****ing clueless!!

The bloke is an idiot!

tjagain

Binners – What about the 1/3ish of the parliamentary party who think we should ” respect the referendum” – I remind you again that your favoured candidate for the leadership Burnham is of this persuasion – so even if you had got your favoured candidate in labour would still have been following a very similar policy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Has there ever been a more abject failure as a politician? Just go FFS!’ is closed to new replies.