Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Has the Nukeproof Horizon carbon riser warranty changed?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m going through the pre-purchase ‘should I go carbon?’ anxiety process, and have noticed many published review references to a lifetime warranty, however, I notice that the product link on CRC and on the Nukeproof site lists the warranty as being 2 years.

Quite the change. Is it correct?

Have been hovering over an alu Renthal Fatbar, if the lifetime warranty has been expunged on the Horizon then I think I’m less likely to plump for it

chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t know, but I have two of the Horizon V1 carbon bars, and have had numerous other brands, and I’ve never needed to warranty any of them.

It wouldn’t put me off at all.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I suppose my point is, if they were widely touted as lifetime warrantied up until a couple on months ago, why the change down to a measly 2 years?

I’m not really fussed about warranty claims at all tbh, it’s more a measure of how much faith they have in their product and potentially how many claims they’ve had to fulfill in the meantime that may have lead to this switch.

intheborders
    Free Member

I’ve Brand X’s 800mm carbon riser on both my bikes.

Previously they both had On One’s 780mm carbon riser.

I’ve no idea what warranty either company offer tbh.

slimjim78
    Free Member

OK.. thanks.

slimjim78
    Free Member

In fairness to Nukeproof, I’ve just dug deeper into their website and found the following:

“Nukeproof Components = 2 Years (lifetime on Carbon Handle Bars)”

This is at odds with the installation instructions listed on their website (and CRC website). So perhaps it’s just a bit of mixed up marketing that has gotten me confused.

As you were

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I suppose my point is, if they were widely touted as lifetime warrantied up until a couple on months ago, why the change down to a measly 2 years

Because retail warranties are a PITA, especially on something like a handle bar where 99% of claims will be of the Just Riding Along variety where people expect them replacing because they smashed it on a tree at mach 4 and then scream blue murder on social media when the warranty 6 is refused. It’s not lack of faith in product, it’s lack of faith in the general public.

dhrider
    Free Member

Still lifetime on Nukeproof carbon bars.

The instructions are generic for all their bars.

Northwind

I’d think you’d have a hell of a job claiming plain warranty on a 2 year old carbon bar anyway, once they’ve been clamped and reclamped and crashed on.

The V1’s a good bar for sure, I had a set in my enduro bike for a long time so they’ve been crashed absolutely to the moon and back and now they’re in my dh bike, looking like crap but working grand. Not especially comfy or stiff or in any way clever, just a good normal bar. You never really know if there’s any true continuity to a new version, if the design or manufacturer’s at all connected.

stevede
    Free Member

I wrote a set of carbon v1’s off in a crash a few months ago – bought on Black Friday for £50 from Wiggle so luckily not full price. I didn’t test the warranty though as I crashed them hard into the ground and crushed about an inch at the end of the bar. No manufacturing fault just the nature of how carbon fails, but enough to send me back to some alloy bars.

leegee

Retired a V1 Horizon carbon bar recently after 3 years. Retired it as I thought I’d had my moneys worth out of it, lots of abuse and you never know when it could fail.

I bought a Joystick but I’d have another Nukeproof in the future.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I like the idea behind their neutral 9deg sweep, should save 5-10mm reach being eaten up in practice.

I’ve run carbon bars for years and jumped/crashed plenty without snapping one but I’ve now hit middle age and am reading too many horror stories to keep the carbon anxiety at bay.
    I think carbon will always suffer from stigma, unfortunately

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Has the Nukeproof Horizon carbon riser warranty changed?’ is closed to new replies.