• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by IWH.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • has ssc gone belly up?
  • juan
    Free Member

No more SSC adds plus no more fruit post?
    Did the company went bust?

grumm
    Free Member

Perhaps he just decided it wasn’t worth advertising on/using a forum where everyone slagged off him and his products? He did seem to have a bit of a bad attitude sometimes to customers, but I have had no probs with his brake pads so far.

rOcKeTdOg

i hope not, they dispatched stuff to moi yesterday

richc
    Free Member

I don’t think so, they even have new pedals which looks pretty good with the new logo. I guess fruit just isn’t being baited by the mlehworld muppets anymore which is good.

new pedals:

Stoner
    Free Member

No they’re still going.

Showing old and new stock on their website.

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe they’re doing better so the guy doesn’t have time to waste on here?

hora
    Free Member

Maybe they’re doing better so the guy doesn’t have time to waste on here?

+1

Del

maybe it finally dawned on him that slagging off the people who you advertise to, and wish to make money from, may not be such a good idea.
    he behaved pretty badly on here at times, admittedly with some provocation, but his attitude was such that i will never give him any of my money.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I like those pedals.

Goes of to look at ssc.

richc
    Free Member

The pedals do look good but they have gone up a bit, and the Ti axle option makes them very expensive.

I_Ache
    Free Member

The Ti axle is expensive but its not necessary and TBH £43 for a pair of good pedals isnt that much.

richc
    Free Member

£36 was better though 🙂

Richyb
    Free Member

…. cue big Superstar Components banner

richc
    Free Member

what banner? 😉

knott4me
    Free Member

they are a copy off atomblab,s air-corps.nice!!

richc
    Free Member

they do look very similar, but the axle looks slightly different on the SSC ones.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Neil claimed they were identical but when pressed admitted the body casting was different and he was unsure if the bearings were the same. He also did not know if the precise alloy was the same.

richc
    Free Member

The SSC ones look better made from the photos IMHO. Mind you they aren’t great photos

markd
    Free Member

I don’t think so, they even have new pedals which looks pretty good with the new logo. I guess fruit just isn’t being baited by the mlehworld muppets anymore which is good

not fair.

you don’t know the whole story so kinda harsh calling them muppets.

is suspect you have never met them. if you had then you would still call them muppets but in a nice way.

rOcKeTdOg

i beg to differ Genks 😉

PikeBN14
    Free Member

I don’t think he ever made a secret of the fact he buys stuff in and has it branded SSC, so the chances are they will look similar/identical to other ‘brands’ ❓

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

IIRC they’r deity pedals, atomlab ones would be deserving od a SSC reputation, but at least the spares are dirt cheep and theres only about 5 parts (axel, bushing, bearing, body, nut).

Hope thye don’t go belly up, bought a BB off them when they fist came out, but injured my knees so its never been riddden/destroyed!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

edit: oops double post

BigDummy
    Free Member

Deffo still advertising on STW.

rOcKeTdOg

and still delivering

IWH
    Free Member

I like the look of those pedals. Let us know how you get on!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘has ssc gone belly up?’ is closed to new replies.