Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 150 total)
  • Has something happened at Planet X?
  • vinnyeh

Kitesurfing, yeh, that’s my previous employer, I was marketing director there for 7 years.

And what’s your role now at p-x? Are you part of customer services, and posing as a company representative?

As other have said, since you’re new to the company it might best to use an account which indicates that you’re actually an industry rep.

hora
    Free Member

Brant left On One to reform his band REM

Brant

Michael Stipe out riding before a gig:

vinnyeh

I’ll have another go at that. The one that actually drops.

Hmm, for most it seems to be the getting it up bit where the issues normally come.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brant
    Free Member

Hmm, for most it seems to be the getting it up bit where the issues normally come.

It’s an age thing.

letmetalktomark

This smacks of damned if you do damned if you don’t!

Back to the collective for STWers I would like to offer up:

loveliness as in the collective noun for ladybirds.

A loveliness of STWers. 😆

sq225917
    Free Member

An entitlement of STWers.

wwaswas

Is this the official PX/OO point of view?

[edit] brant ‘got away’ with stuff because he had a ‘face’ and had been on here, like, forever. The danger of mixing your personal point of view and customer service role is that people won’t understand where the line is to be drawn between the two.

Jamie
    Free Member

[edit] brant ‘got away’ with stuff because he had a ‘face’ and had been on here, like, forever. The danger of mixing your personal point of view and customer service role is that people won’t understand where the line is to be drawn between the two.

Indeed. Brant earned the right to call us all ****s. 8)

kudos
    Free Member

What’s damaged the brand ime is casual dishonesty and that’s not come from Brant- it became a problem when he left.

What damaged the brand was constant comments on forums (and yes, Singletrack is pretty much the go-to place for information about mountain biking – I don’t know a single rider that doesn’t frequent this forum) about poor customer service, poor product quality and poor warranty handling. This was compounded by ‘loose cannon’ Brant and his not-very-PR-savvy approach.

He seemed to adopt a much more structured, customer-friendly attitude after the last debacle, but it’s no surprise to me that he’s been moved/sacked/resigned/whatever and replaced with a slightly less volatile mouthpiece.

PX/O-O struck very lucky in that one of their first models, for reasons completely at odds with logic, won something of a cult following – particularly on this forum – and they’ve all but demolished that in recent months.

I would imagine a conversation has taken place regarding damage limitation and rebuilding that following on this forum and this Squiggle chap has been given the unenviable task. I think that’s what’s known in rugby parlance as a “hospital pass”!

vinnyeh

And what’s your role now at p-x? Are you part of customer services, and posing as a company representative?

aag, just seen my typo in earlier posting. Was meant to beposting as a company representative.’

Hopefully not a freudian slip, may have come across as a bit rude. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Brant (if you do..) what would you call your new bike frame company?

AlexSimon

Well I for one welcome sq225917 to the forum. I’ve only ever made one purchase from on-one and it went smoothly but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy reading the rants of others 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Brant (if you do..) what would you call your new bike frame company?

Wollen Industry.

(and if you anyone can get the joke, I’ll buy you beer all night)

convert

and this Squiggle chap has been given the unenviable task.

I’ve got a feeling he’s just a junior sales grommet who has independently added ‘stw rep’ to his CV….nowt official or even something I suspect ‘they’ are aware of.

Personally I like having Brant post and hope he continues to do so. Often a little short and cryptic but people with an interest in bike design who have had a chance to apply it in the real world are worth listening to from time to time.

bigjim

What damaged the brand

😆 have to agree with northwind, I don’t think a few overweight overpaid keyboard warriors on this forum getting wound up represents the damaging of a brand.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Brant, why did you make the rear brake mount of the Whippet such a perfidious thing?

It is my perfect single speed/XC race/”light trail” bike otherwise.

kudos
    Free Member

I don’t think a few overweight overpaid keyboard warriors on this forum getting wound up represents the damaging of a brand.

That comment couldn’t possibly be more wrong.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m warming to this guy.

kudos
    Free Member

It’s “an affront” of STWers… 😉

chip
    Free Member

More importantly has shimano stumped up those cassettes yet.
    Slippery bunch those Japanese.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve got a feeling he’s just a junior sales grommet who has independently added ‘stw rep’ to his CV….nowt official or even something I suspect ‘they’ are aware of.

Bit of a backwards career step then ?

…..my previous employer, I was marketing director there for 7 years.

scruff
    Free Member

Slippery bunch those Japanese.

Srippery Shirley?

wwaswas

Srippery Shirley

she did have that reputation, didn’t she.

unklehomered
    Free Member

actually RATS… wow.

Police are appealing for witnesses after the smouldering remains of a man who made an open offer of assistance to internet forum users were found on STW.

convert

Neal – Very true. I got the impression from a Hora post a while back (Hora thinking he had spoken to him whilst deciding on the size of a bike purchase) but thinking about it again, taking too much from a Hora post could have been an error!

sq225917
    Free Member

Chip, 11-28t 6800 are back in stock at the warehouse.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

and yes, Singletrack is pretty much the go-to place for information about mountain biking – I don’t know a single rider that doesn’t frequent this forum

I don’t know any. And no-one I’ve ever mentioned it to on the trails has ever given me anything other than a blank look.

It’s easy to get carried away by self importance.

sq225917
    Free Member

Neal, a backwards career step? Au contraire! I consider that I’ve found my true calling.

It certainly beats commuting/moving to Berlin, when my daughter had just started school and my Mrs is in the final year of her PhD, which was the option should I have chosen to stay with my last employer when the company was bought out.

skellnonch
    Free Member

and yes, Singletrack is pretty much the go-to place for information about mountain biking – I don’t know a single virtual rider that doesn’t frequent this forum

we’re all riding gods on here, everybody knows that

nealglover
    Free Member

Neal, a backwards career step? Au contraire! I consider that I’ve found my true calling.

I wasn’t saying that you had taken a backwards career step.

I was saying that someone’s assumption (that you were a junior in customer services who’d decided he would be the unofficial voice of PX without anyone knowing) was probably incorrect.

sq225917
    Free Member

Ah sorry Neal, my mistake. I’m sure it’ll not be my last 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

convert

was probably incorrect.

But was it Simon? I think you probably should disclose your actual role at Planet X and if you are posting here in an any sort of official capacity.

eltonerino

Brant:

According to yourdailygerman

Wollen is german for “want”.

Want one industries?

chip
    Free Member

Chip, 11-28t 6800 are back in stock at the warehouse.

Phew!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I would love it if it turns out that sq3644673828293 doesn’t have anything to do with Planet X

sq225917
    Free Member

#planetwho?

Jamie
    Free Member

Hashtag in forum posts?

Oh dear.

#justsayin

stewartc
    Free Member

Singletrack is pretty much the go-to place for information about mountain biking – I don’t know a single rider that doesn’t frequent this forum

Comedy gold

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just because it had been bugging me for days I looked up sq225917 on the OS map, it’s in the Irish Sea, on the route of the Cork-Roscoff ferry.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Has something happened at Planet X?’ is closed to new replies.