Has Ronnie been on the p155 in Sheffield?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Has Ronnie been on the p155 in Sheffield?
  • cyclelife

Looks like it! Yawning constantly, disinterested, bit of a disgrace to the game?

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

“Do you know who I am?”

Ronnie Pickering

munrobiker

Shouldn’t you be on holiday?

disinterested

Uninterested.

Happy holidays!

kayla1

He’d had a haircut overnight too which usually indicates he’s in a good mood and ready to give his opponent a spanking.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

He’s had it away on his toes.

ronnie running

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

Unwell apparently?

Unfortunately Ronnie always has an excuse when he gets beat. He’s the boy who cries wolf. I’m sure I heard that Cahill had played well in qualifying and there’s always a chance of catching Ronnie on an off day. I was tempted to put a bet on.

One day I’d just like him to say “Yeah, that other guy played really well” when he gets beat, rather than the all-about-me excuses.

Having just spent almost a week in Sheffield I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d been on the P155. Walking from the Botanics to Ponds Forge we saw a lot of drinking at all times of the day. Seemed a lot to me anyway.

One day I’d just like him to say “Yeah, that other guy played really well” when he gets beat, rather than the all-about-me excuses.

Most sportsmen come out with boring, robotic cliches, I’d far rather listen to Ronnie, he’s been brilliant for what was pretty much an old man’s sport. Even the younger ones just before him, such as Hendry, McManus etc were all pretty dull.

‘A disgrace to the sport’ is a bit silly.

kayla1

Oof! Come on now, ‘sport’ is a bit strong, isn’t it?

slimjim78

Always disappointing to witness an enigma not realise their absolute full potential, but, we’re all human.
    I suppose anyone who can clear a 147 in 5mins deserves to be lauded.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Not realised his full potential ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_O%27Sullivan

Since turning professional in 1992, he has won five World Championships, a record seven Masters titles, and a record seven UK Championships, setting a record total of 19 titles in Triple Crown tournaments.[2][4] He shares the record for the most ranking titles (36) with Stephen Hendry, while his career earnings of over £10 million put him in first place on snooker’s all-time prize-money list.[5] Winning the Tour Championship on 24 March 2019 made him the sport’s current world number one, the fourth time in his career that he has held the top position and the first time he has been number one since May 2010. This is the longest gap between number one spells by any player in history.[6]

The fact that he hasn’t been number 1 more suggests he hasn’t realised his full potential. He is by far the most talented player but clearly has issues that derail him every so often.

Bang on weeksy.

PMK2060

The reason Ronnie has not been No. 1 for a while is because he no longer plays in all tournaments.

I got free tickets for one of the semi finals of last years crucible. It was not the most exciting way to spend 3 hours of my time.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.