Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Has everyone exercised their democratic right then?
  • rangerbill

Voted…although I did cause confusion by going to the wrong polling station first!

nemesis
    Free Member

I voted for the greens and because many of my neighbours are a bunch of lentil wearing, sandal eating hippies, they may well win.

I am pissed off that UKIP have stolen our colours though. Grrr

hels
    Free Member

I was first in at the polling booth at 0700:01 this morning. My lift leaves at 0710 and I won’t be home tonite.

Democratic right exercised. I voted Green, as they had the most women and the least offensive haircuts, and their flyer boldly said “we are the most likely to defeat UKIP” which is no doubt bollox but I liked that they said it out loud.

sbob
    Free Member

I’m going to vote Green, because it’s the only party I can publicly support on STW and not receive a torrent of abuse. 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Nope, I sat and watched the first 20 minutes of Star Wars with my two 4 year old girls, took them to school then came to work.

More productive I think.

egb81
    Free Member

Does no one actually realise that the MEPs cover huge areas (e.g. South West, North West etc) and not just their constituency? I live in a staunch Labour constituency but the vast majority of the MEPs that cover this area are Conservative or UKIP.

Stoner
    Free Member

just voted. Ballot paper looked like a long stretch of bogroll.

Half the candidates were nutjobs.
    Greens byline was “no to fracking” so for that reason I’m oot.
    Ive made my mark. If it’s any consolation, it cancels out my dad’s inevitable UKIP vote (if he can be bothered to find his way from the pub to the booth! 🙂 )

richmtb

Postal vote a few days ago

hels
    Free Member

Give UKIP their due, with any luck they have increased turnout of people who wouldn’t normally vote.

I’m a big fan of democracy, but am starting to think that there should be some kind of minimum intelligence test for electoral registration.

I’ll make up the questions.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fortunately I’m going home this afternoon, so I’ll do it late.

cinnamon_girl

No, there’s thunder dahn Sarf and I’m terrified. 😯

kcal

Voted about 30 minutes ago. There was steady stream but the station wasn’t overwhelmed. Thought it would be a PR vote, was surprised it was single X style…

It’s funny how folk are horrified that my 16 yo will have a vote in the referendum, he’s thought about the issues way more than many!!

cinnamon_girl

I’m nearly wetting myself here, loads of thunder, heavy rain and dreading the arrival of lightening.

Jeez! It’s here. 😯

dazh

I decided not to bother. If I did I’d vote green, as I have done the last few time I’ve voted. But it’s of so little consequence or importance that it’s just not worth the effort. Come back to me when we have a real representative democracy and candidates who can think for themselves rather than toe the party line.

soobalias
    Free Member

it’ll cost me another litre of diesel to go and vote green

but my 20yo stepson is getting a lift to likely vote ukip

so it all evens out, unless i run over a badger on my way there.

willard

Done.

Shocked at the number of right-wing/minority parties that were available. Discounting the Greens for the moment, I saw No2EU, BNP, EDF, Britain First, UKIP on the ballot slip. Quite sad really.

zippykona

Where’s here CG? I’ve been looking forward to lots of rain in Surrey to fill my water butts. Not a drop.
    Did a postal vote for the Peace Party.

fasthaggis

Awww CG ,my nan was like that,she would hide under the bed if there was a thunderstorm.
    Maybe more people should just hide under the bed and not vote 😀

cinnamon_girl

Twixt Winchester and Soton zippy. Brightening up now but I’ve been jumping like a frog with the lightening! Still bluddy raining though. 😐

cinnamon_girl

Awww CG ,my nan was like that,she would hide under the bed if there was a thunderstorm.
    Maybe more people should just hide under the bed and not vote

😆

Bluddy adrenals are shot to pieces, sudden noise makes me jump and it’s so embarrassing.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I just voted, then walking home a nail went straight through the sole of my shoe (although no blood luckily). I must have put a cross in the wrong place?

soobalias
    Free Member

nice to hear the weather moving up from the south is improving,

been stuck in a huge thunderstorm (chilterns) for about 45mins now – thursday night ride looking like it might be damp

shermer75
    Free Member

Slightly surprised to see two other anti-Europe parties on the ballot paper. With a bit of luck they’ll split the UKIP vote.

shermer75
    Free Member

Thunder just started here (East London)

gordimhor

Have I voted ? Yes. 🙂

olddog

Yeah, I will be doing later.

Dobbo

Postal vote even though the voting station is dead opposite in our village hall, it’s closer than the post box!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Just been and truly shocked at the turnout , never seen so many people voting at our polling station in 31 years!
    I am looking forward to something changing either locally or MEP,. At least having voted I can moan like mad again for the next 12 months 😆

chris_db
    Free Member

Green, well my coat was.

slowoldman

thus flagging up the electoral Armageddon that awaits the treacherous Tory collaborators next year

Steady on. We didn’t know we were Tory collaborators until after the election. Imagine having to decide which set of tossers to throw your lot in with.

slowoldman

I must say, I was impressed by the length of the betting, er, polling slip. If Farage gets us out of Europe we’ll have less choice.

Oh and I think you’ll find that the correct term is “fewer” darkies.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Voted green

wiggles
    Free Member

Voted. Pretty disgusted at the Britain first tagline using Lee rigby on the ballot when his family have expressly said they didn’t want his name or picture used by them. 1/4 of the options were for fascists and I managed to not vote for any of them (y)

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Yes,
    Local and European slips completed.

And once again took pleasure in not telling the party cronies outside where I lived so they can’t tick me off their lists.
    Slightly disapointing reaction this year though, ” no problem” was the cheery reply, it was much more fun The year an old dear tried to tell me I had to tell them

AdamW
    Free Member

I heard today that UKIP were unhappy because their name came further down the voting list due to the listing being in alphabetical order.

Strangely enough at the top of the paper there was a party called ‘An Independence from Europe’, along with the other swivel-eyed loons. They thought about it a bit more clearly.

Though another party was called “Harmony” which was more-or-less anti everything. Bit of a misnomer!

Houns

I thought UKIP was the first on the white sheet? (To be honest I didn’t take much notice)

epicyclo

allthepies – Member
    “Am I the only saddo who stops up and watches results come in tonight?”
    Probably, given that the count only starts on Sunday with results announced on Monday.

Is that to allow time for the postal votes for a certain party from the recently resurrected dead?

Junkyard
    Free Member

1/4 of the options were for fascists and I managed to not vote for any of them (y)

The only positive thing is that they fracture the racist fruit loop vote

It was a less than edifying sight to see on your ballot paper tbh

CountZero

I thought UKIP was the first on the white sheet? (To be honest I didn’t take much notice)

No, the list is in alphabetical order.
    And yes, about an hour ago.

labsey
    Free Member

Voted first thing this morning. Put a cross in all the boxes, I like an accumulator.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Has everyone exercised their democratic right then?’ is closed to new replies.