Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Has eBay gone a bit screwy?
  • bearnecessities

Can’t log in from laptop; phone has logged me out asking for password again.

On both devices, comes up with network errors when trying to enter passwords.

Or am I being erased?

dan1980
    Free Member

I’ve had similar problems. Their site seems to be slow to load too.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yup. It’s broken.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

There seem to have been a lot of net problems recently…

https://www.google.co.uk/#fp=76c9f2cbec4786cc&q=internet+kill+switch+tests

stumpy01

Yep. All gone wrong…

z1ppy

good, not just me than, was wondering if my account had been hacked.

Jamie
    Free Member

good, not just me than, was wondering if my account had been hacked.

You could have got really unlucky, and that has happened as well 😀

z1ppy

😯

Reluctant
    Free Member

It’s been down for several hours for me ; from different computers, different accounts………..everythings down now.

Jamie
    Free Member

Tat bazaar eBay takes a rest for ‘scheduled maintenance’

Company sez soz

eBay is currently out of action for its users, but the downtime is not because of an unexpected outage. It is instead due to “scheduled general maintenance”, the company has confirmed to The Register.

That said, fans of second-hand goods cannot presently bid for a pair of old smelly shoes on the popular online tat bazaar.

The site, ebay.com at least, is instead, at time of writing, serving a “connection reset” message to visitors.

eBay told us:

“The eBay system is undergoing scheduled general maintenance which has been previously announced. During this maintenance period, certain eBay features may be intermittently unavailable or slow and we apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.”

El Reg understands that the general maintenance, which was also expected to affect its company Paypal, was supposed to happen between 23:00 hours and 01:00 Pacific Time.

It is now 01:30 in that part of the US. ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/23/ebay_down/

UK announce,
    ***Scheduled maintenance for this week***
    22 August, 2013 | 12:13PM BST
    Hello,
    The eBay system will be undergoing general maintenance from approximately 7am to 9am on Friday August 23rd. During this maintenance period, certain eBay features may be intermittently unavailable or slow and we apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
    Regards,
    The eBay Team.

greeble
    Free Member
    bearnecessities

That answers that then, ta. (Thank god this place is still running!) 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

this website is great

Not so great at telling you if a website is just having login/browsing issues, as opposed to being completely dead.

bearnecessities

I played with that site for a bit (no ebay you see).

So far, Katie Price is down for everyone, as is this place and Mi5.

bruneep

workin for me

zippykona

Won’t let me pay for my new desert boots.

bellefied
    Free Member

still down

bellefied
    Free Member

had trouble using paypal yesterday, not through ebay but just off an internet site (buying kneepads) – it failed twice so I called paypal and they said it was a random security check and it should be ok later in the day – but they couldn’t explain to me why a security check would stop payment on a £70 item and why they couldn’t override it.

Wonder if this “scheduled maintenance” which has run way over the time they said it would, has found a problem with paypal so they have closed it all down to prevent fraudulent transaction?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Had some right bargains this morning for stuff id put starting bids on a few days ago 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Had some right bargains this morning for stuff id put starting bids on a few days ago

Ooh! I never thought about that. I bet there are some miffed sellers ‘accidentally’ breaking items so they can’t sell them.

kimbers

its the end of the world, no really

so ebay is down, the NASDAQ went down didnt Rasputin predict that the world would end today! http://tinyurl.com/kqk8dtk

scuzz
    Free Member

That tinyurl is to BeforeIt’sNews by the way – just letting you know so you can chose whether or not you want to be put on ‘The List’ being compiled by the ‘NewWorldOrder’* or simply ignore it because, well, it’s likely not true

kimbers

ebays back up

and my rasputin link is kind of genuine

this weeks ‘zombie pigeons in russia’ story tipped me off about it

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/europe/2013/08/2013821164956511533.html

steel4real
    Free Member

At least that explains it – was trying to log on to bid on bike bag that finished at 0843 this morning :-(.

Couldn’t log on and the darn thing sold for £4.50 !!!

I was a bit miffed but I should think the seller is more so !!!

I wonder if he will get the chance to re-advertise ?

scaredypants

Won’t let me pay for my new desert boots.

That’s the new “save him from a major erreur de mode” feature

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Has eBay gone a bit screwy?’ is closed to new replies.