Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Has anyone used Training Peaks and bought a plan to follow?
  • reluctantlondoner

Just curious likes. Seems like a great idea, but the site seems clunky and the plans expensive.

Snake oil?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

idave?

thehustler
    Free Member

dont think idave is from boulder colorado

convert

I use trainingpeaks and pay the annual fee to be able to plan ahead and get the more advanced power analysis tools (to be honest the free version has had most stuff taken out of it now). I’ve never used the paid for plans though. There is the automatic plan generator that is free you could play with first.

To be honest I’m going to carefully look at the Garmin and paid for strava offerings first before I renew again as they seem to be getting more and more complex all the time.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

If you’re doing a lot of sessions on the turbo during the winter months I can recommend TrainerRoad, for around a tenner a month you get access to their training plans as well as their software.

See ongoing thread:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trainerroad-stw-approved-sessions

You could sign up for free for 30 days and in theory read/download the plans you like.

schmiken

I’ve used TrainingPeaks religiously for around two years, and use the ATP to broadly base my training (which I then alter using the MTB Training Bible). Find it great, easy to use and simple to analyse data afterwards. Try doing a free trial and see if you like it.

reluctantlondoner

Trainer Road and Strava are good calls. Will investigate and report back 🙂

weeble
    Free Member

I’ve used Training Peaks for a number of years and have several downloaded plans that I use which have been quite good and have provided good results.

Training Peaks is good if your using a power meter and/or HR monitor (as I am) although it can all get a bit complex especially when analysing.

You need to consider if you want or need the level of information and analysis that Training Peaks offers if you do its ace.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone used Training Peaks and bought a plan to follow?’ is closed to new replies.