Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • has anyone tried running a limo/novelty vehicle rental business?
  • sharkattack

which is basically grown up speak for ‘help me justify this particular childhood fantasy using vague and optimistic mathematics’

click

could i cover the costs by renting it out for ‘proms’ and stag parties?
    or should i trade in the VW T5 and make this my new camper?

footflaps

You want drunk teenagers in your prize car?

scuttler

Home

Less puke, more pee. Oh and a CRB requirement.

the-muffin-man

How many kids know, or care, about the A-team nowadays?

You’re not going to get £16k back by hiring it out for a couple of weeks at the end of school term.

warton
    Free Member

it’s not even a good replica IMO

Rubber_Buccaneer

You’d make more money using the van as transport to work as a soldier of fortune. Flying would sometimes be quicker but I don’t suppose you’d let any crazy fool get you on an aeroplane.

VOSA have been cracking down on illegal novelty PSVs recently.
    If you’re running any sort of Hire & Reward transport business, make sure you’ve got all the proper qualifications, licences, insurance, maintenance records etc.

VOSa have been impounding them, then passing them on to the fire service to practice roof cutting.

portlyone

I pity the fool who cuts up my van!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wowsers!

Rubber_Buccaneer

I hate it when a plan doesn’t come together 🙁

konabunny
    Free Member

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Yes, I suspect all the proper liability insurance etc. would negate and ‘profits’ you would make from a couple of trips with some drunken lads/lasses in the back.

maccruiskeen

I pity the fool who cuts up my van!

Instead of novelty limos, howabout an airport taxi service for people who are scared of flying?

on a more sensible note though – a novelty limo business would only make commerical sense if you had more than one type of vehicle to hire out. One novelty vehicle is going to be the wrong novelty vehicle most of the time. It would be like running a fancy dress hire shop with only one costume. If you just want to buy it for yourself and recoup some of the costs of ownership find an agency that supplies vehicles for events, film TV etc and get on their books (you’d find those kind of people in film directories like Kays or The Knowledge, look for titles like “Action vehicles” and “Vehicle Wrangler”. All the insurances and licensing requirements are then their concern.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘has anyone tried running a limo/novelty vehicle rental business?’ is closed to new replies.