Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • has anyone tried making sense of a BT phone bill?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

WTF?

It's now costing us more than before despite them claiming to be charging less per call. Can I make sense of all the plans for this and discounts for that? Most of which we don't have so they get credited later on in the bill. It's just a page full of irrelevant numbers designed to throw me off the scent. I'm sure the real numbers are hidden in there somewhere but I'll be buggered if I can find them!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I think this sort of obfuscation should be illegal. Surely it's deliberate misrepresentation. Makes me very angry.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yes, it can be like reading a foreign language!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I only had a BT bill for a couple of months but don't remember it being particularly difficult to read – give them a call, I think their billing dept is UKish.

billyboy
    Free Member

I've just come to my senses. Every quarter the bill came to about £50 out of which the calls I made came to £2.50 or thereabouts. All I did really benefit from was the facility to be annoyed at least once a day by nuisance unsolicited calls touting for my money. I've just cancelled it.

MrOvershoot

Just having a battle with BT at the moment, I only pay for line rental & while checking my bank account online I noticed they have taken £24.50 for the last 3 months?
    I did have a BT person from Mumbai phone on Sunday out of the blue who probably regreted doing so. My wife did say it was a good 5 minutes rant 😆

Trying to reset my BT online billing takes 10 minutes but why do you then have to wait 48 hours to see anything!

TN
    Free Member

I have just had a nightmare deciphering ours when they said they were putting our monthly DD up again.
    Not amused – we are (well, were) still paying for a service that doesn't exist any more but instead of transferring us to the equivalent they just carried on charging us AND we accumulated call charges we wouldn't have had previously. Not happy.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

It' s a maintenance charge for a network that our parents (average here +3) generation taxes paid for.

MrsMoo
    Free Member

I had the same problem with BT, very cryptic bills!! We didn't ever receive the full half price line rental that we were offered when we joined them, and then when I renewed the broadband contract for another yr when they promised to reduce the cost, but we ended up paying more 😕 They said their system wouldn't allow the monthly charge to go down (even though when I left them just before xmas they owed us £100 in credit, after 2 previous £30 refunds, which wasn't at all visible from the bill). They said that they had a newer, more clearer billing system, but this only applied to new customers!

vikingboy
    Free Member

agree with OP – very over complicated call plan this, discount that…..

Onzadog
    Free Member

surprisingly, their call centre is very busy right now. so it's not just me then there must be loads of peopl;e trying to work out why their DD has doubled overnight.

westkipper
    Free Member

Isn't this sort of thing just standard for ALL 'phone companies though?.
    I have my services through Virgin and I can't make any consistent sense out of the different months bills.
    One thing I do know is that a call from my home line is significantly more expensive than from a local callbox. WTF is the reasoning behind that?

simonlovell999
    Free Member

to cut a few bills search for saynoto0870. saves you money when you use alternative numbers – local or freephone for that company

PePPeR

This is one of the reasons I'm not in any hurry to to change my phone supplier, at the moment I haven't got a clue who I pay money to, but my Broadband and phone line bill never ever comes to more than £37 a month. I get free daytime calls and cheap calls to Europe and mobiles. Its not broken so I'm not fixing it!

The previous time I was with BT they were charging me £180 a quarter just for the phone line (pre broad band) I ain't ever going back there!

brant
    Free Member

"and I mean physically" – best cold call ever (NSFW)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘has anyone tried making sense of a BT phone bill?’ is closed to new replies.