Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • has anyone fitted DMR chain tugs? and had problems? and resolved…?
  • jimmy

I’m trying to get the DMR chain tugs fitted to my DMR frame but they don’t seem to make sense. I have them all lined up and fitted but the scope of movement within the sliding dropout is minimal so had to buy a half-link chain. But even then the end of the cassette body interferes with the lip of the tugs so that further reduces the space to next to nothing. What am I missing?

hazeii
    Free Member

Could it be that the bolt is unscrewing from the chaintug body? I had this with DMR tugs and it foxed me for a bit until I realised that tightening the nut was just undoing the bolt.

Apart from that, I’ve noticed DMR tugs don’t have a great range of adjustment, plus if you’re using a cassette hub that’s something else to interfere (I seem to recall the bit that fits in the end of the dropouts is pretty thick on DMR tugs – though I was using them on a steel frame).

jimmy

thats pretty much it. Seems silly that they’re from the same company, though – which is why I think I’m missing something…

p7rich
    Free Member

Photo?

I gave up on DMR tugs because the ‘guide bit’ that fits in the dropout limited the adjustability too much with my On One Whippet frame. Chain was always <one link too much or too short. Had to get some alternatives, but even had to Dremel a bit off them so they’d fit. Have you tried them inside and outside the dropouts?

jimmy

again, exactly the same. FFS, really annoyed by this 🙁

oldnpastit

I think a photo would be useful. I’ve got them on a fixie and they seem fine. But it’s not a DMR frame.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘has anyone fitted DMR chain tugs? and had problems? and resolved…?’ is closed to new replies.