Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • has anyone fitted an embankment slide in their garden?
  • meeeee
    Free Member

Got a nice sloping bank in our garden so i was thinkng of putting an embankment slide in (like the ones in parks where they arent rasied off the ground on a frame, just follow the slope of the ground).

All the ones i can find on the internet seemed to be aimed at proper playgrounds and are silly money.

Anyone done it with a plastic slide and if so how did you anchor it to the ground. I was thinking of putting fenceposts concreted into post holes and slide bolted to these but just wondered if anyone had actually made on in their own garden.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’m looking at building my son a raised playhouse / treehouse and the ‘normal’ slides appear to just be attached at the top. I’d have thought that as long as it doesnt move/blow away it wouldn’t need much holding down as it’ll be supported by the ground beneith it.

VanHalen

how much is large diameter drainage pipe? might be cheaper than a proper slide.

We got given our proper slide but it was going to go on freecycle worth keeping an eye out.

before i put it in its final position i laid it over some stairs and the ‘kids’ used it as they were too excited to wait… 😀 a couple of stakes to stop it getting picked up by the wind would be all you need i recon

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    towzer

what about fairly liquid, trays and plastic sheet track – worked well enough when I was a nipper

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘has anyone fitted an embankment slide in their garden?’ is closed to new replies.